Reviews for To The Fire
YellowWomanontheBrink chapter 1 . 6/10
a
lvg chapter 8 . 12/13/2015
Really, really enjoyed this. It's quite fascinating how you're able to include so much in such little text. Your writing is rather... economic, in a sense; a good kind of idiosyncratic. Your characterisation was also very well done. C.C. is certainly not the easiest character to get a handle on and your OC never felt like an afterthought. The chemistry between C.C. and Travis felt natural; their relationship blossomed quite beautifully too.
I like how you reconciled C.C.s past with her future, the scene in which C.C. discusses her past and Travis hopes she'll end such an act in the future by absently fiddling with her wedding ring as she does in the present was very sweet - the simplicity of the wish was what got to me, I think. Well done with not allowing the narrative to get bogged down in nostalgia; it was a touch melancholic but ultimately ended on a hopeful note, which was quite lovely.
Ugh chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Why do terrible stories like this get updates but good ones don't?
Sonatines chapter 4 . 5/30/2015
So excited to see this chapter posted! I hope you update 'From the Ashes' soon. Will be waiting till the day you do.
anja-chan chapter 3 . 8/10/2014
Aaaaah! You posted more! So intriguing and I want to know where its going (although I think I vaguely do), but I also really like this pace. The slowness makes the details do all the work and it makes it sound very mysterious just from the style of writing/pacing.

Dare I hope you're working on this universe in other ways as well? :D
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
Your writing is so clean. That is a very good thing. I don't feel like there's any extra wordiness or weak sentences. But I really want to know who this dude is.

This also seems like a good time for me to thank you for Wally, before I forget. Thank you! I absolute suck at Where's Waldo because I've never once in my life had enough patience to pursue it successfully. However. This time around, when the Oz version of it came into my hands, I thought I ought to diligently attempt. Becoming more focused on detail isn't a bad thing for me who's often a big-picture person. Thank you for giving me a reason to challenge and flex my mind. :)
Lunanite chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
I am always a little hesitant about starting fics which feature an OC, but something prompted me to give this one a try and I'm glad I did. CC seems to be quite the optimist post R2. Seems a little hard to see this as I'm not able to understand one little thing. After years of solitude and assault on her emotional and physical state, she met a person who cared for her. So I think maybe delve into just a tweeny little into how the loss of that person affected her? Anyways it is fine to continue as is cause it is entertaining.
MagnetoRocks chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
Seems quite interesting. Looking forward for more longer chapters.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
"Blonds were fun." She married Gino after all. And you confirmed his identity with just. Three. Words.

Been a while, but I think you've still got it. ;P
BlAcKmIkUlOuCh18 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Nice short fic, love it.

Though, when will you update "From The Ashes". -cliffhanger is not really enough-
AvianReader chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Ooh, Ooh! OOH! You're alive!
um, well, aside from that...
Nice oneshot. It gives a nice look into post-r2 life. C.C. doesn't seem so dreary or unpurposeful anymore.
Now...how about humoring your readers with a brand new chapter of your awesome epic, "From the Ashes"? :D