Reviews for Becoming Lífþrasir
Satan Mekratrig chapter 21 . 3/12
Dammit. I got Lif and Lifthrasir mixed up...I was convinced that Lif was the man and Lifthrasir was the woman, which put on completely the wrong track – I thought it was Astrid's Becoming, you know?
Now I get it. It helps, also, that I had no knowledge of the meaning of the words, though I should have seen it, I feel – I did a bit of research into word origins a while back, specifically Norse words (vindr-auga, wind-eye, window, etc)...but I like that.

This was a beautiful story, very well-written, thought-out, and with fully-fleshed-out characters. I enjoyed it immensely, and really appreciated the realism you put into it, and especially enjoyed the character interactions – you did them perfectly.
The relationship and interactions between Stoick and Hiccup is so very well done – I teared up a bit at the scene where they held each other. Beautiful.

Skal!
Satan Mekratrig chapter 12 . 3/12
That symbol is 'thorn' in Old English, and was pronounced as 'th'. It also was written, far as I can remember off the top of my head, as 'y' but still pronounced 'th'. Thus 'ye' was 'the'.
Probably the same in Icelandic or Norse, given the influence on Old English, but I don't know.
Satan Mekratrig chapter 6 . 3/12
Oh. So it's not that properly. Oh well...I'm trying to think now, what do Lif and Lifthrasir represent? New life? A new beginning? Thinking...
Satan Mekratrig chapter 1 . 3/12
I guess it's both redundant and irrelevant to do this now, considering the story's been finished for months...but I like to try my knowledge against people who share it. Like Odin with Vafthrundir. :P

I'm guessing the title refers to the couple in Norse myth who survive Ragnarok by hiding in Ygdrassil, Lif and Lifthrasir?
Poor stoick
Sailor Pandabear chapter 23 . 2/23
cool
Luthien Faye chapter 21 . 2/20
This was perfect! I loved it, spent all day reading it actually. Thanks for writing this and for all the research you did, it really shows in your words. Can't wait to read the sequel!
Faye
Also Known As chapter 5 . 2/13
This is the third time I've reread the story; it's so good! I mean seriously awesome! :)
Also Known As chapter 21 . 2/6
Wow... Just wow. Eight thumbs up... If I had eight thumbs. That would be pretty cool! Seriously though, well done. With the entire story.
I LOVE DRAMATIC IRONY!
Httyd 4 Life chapter 8 . 1/31
Great job
Marty the Martian chapter 3 . 1/11
If the prologues are this good... wow! I wish that I could write as good as this :-)
Marty the Martian chapter 2 . 1/11
Beautifully written. As someone who has also suffered a similar loss I can say that you have captured Stoicks pain perfectly; well done indeed.
Marty the Martian chapter 1 . 1/11
I am stunned. This is a wonderful begining with strong characters and the kind of story line that does not allow the reader to stop for a second. I must read on.
warrof chapter 21 . 1/3