Reviews for Becoming Lífþrasir
Brawler883 chapter 9 . 2/14/2022
*recommend a hiccstrid story*
My brain: "Cowabunga it is then"
Ann779 chapter 2 . 2/4/2022
Tears! You have me in tears! Fantastic writing, looking forward to the rest of the story.
Ninjacolin2000 chapter 23 . 1/10/2022
Damn, great story. I don't know why I haven't read it sooner, but it's really well imagined, written, and executed. This is the kind of story that inspires others like me to write! Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 15 . 9/10/2021
Brunhilda: A young man with a nice ass?
* toothless sheds everywhere *
Brunhilda: Your betrothed with a nice ass!'
Guest chapter 13 . 9/10/2021
Hiccup: get on toothless!
Toothless: * incoherent wheezing *
Guest chapter 4 . 9/10/2021
THUGGORY MY MAN
CAMI MY INSANE WOMAN
MIDORIKO-SAMA YOU’RE A GENIUS
Kerick chapter 3 . 9/9/2021
I will say, writing without input of others doesn’t improve ones writing. It may work for a while but it isn’t the best for growing as a writer.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/7/2021
That scene with Dartfoot is just ridiculously adorable. Ab-so-lute-ly perfect.
hellothere chapter 13 . 6/9/2021
This is why we ship.
Snotlout Frigg off. Find something useful to do.
hellothere chapter 12 . 6/9/2021
*sniggers*
Oh yes, Hiccup can certainly keep up with himself.
hellothere chapter 11 . 6/9/2021
Oooh Hiccup, run while you can.
Astrid's almost got you now.
hellothere chapter 10 . 6/9/2021
It's always Gobber who gets it first in these stories. He's smart like that
AnakinMousestalker chapter 21 . 5/19/2021
Thank you so much for your notes following this chapter. Some of what you reveal I figured on my own, while others were things that I'm grateful to know. This story has been such a wonderful romp (albeit causing much lost sleep!). I hope that you are still connected to this site given your expressed dislike of it and given that I am reading it years after it was posted. And I hope that you still can find the time to write given the pressures of your profession (something that I understand all too well having to split my time between my profession and my avocation, an aviation museum that I have volunteered my time at extensively over the years). Kudos!
AnakinMousestalker chapter 9 . 5/18/2021
I tried your ambiance sounds in the first part of this chapter. Couldn't find the specific site, but located a good substitute. I didn't get too much of a mental picture with the ocean waves, but used a campfire background for the brazier scenes. That did enhance the mental images of Thug, Hic and Toothless around the brazier. I've been around more than a few campfires in my time, so that helped as well. This is a long time past when you posted this, but I thought you might find it interesting. I'm always up for an experiment (scientist).

I very much enjoy your writing style. I'm very new to fan fiction, and as an HTTYD fan have been trying different stories from all time lines. I look forward to reading some of your other works when I finish this.
Jess chapter 21 . 5/14/2021
Rereading this series again. Still loving it.

Hiccup's dad doesn't know how to communicate with him in pretty much any of the movies or the show. He tries and succeeds sometimes in the end but there are a lot of miscommunications because they are different people. Hiccup was a runt so was small and clever; Stoick was the perfect Viking and that's the life he knows. They have differing views because of this. That's what makes their relationship strained but also so compelling and wholesome-because they both TRY. Stoick learns to listen and not to underestimate Hiccup just because of his outward appearance and 'oddities'. Hiccup learns to read his dad's underlying intentions and emotions even though Stoick is, well, stoic, and bad at showing how much he loves his son. He didn't know how to raise a kid alone (one as odd as Hiccup to boot) and be chief at the same time, probably raised by tough love because he is the perfect Viking. So he tries to use that to raise Hiccup and it just kind of backfired, here and in the movies (I never read the books) and left a bunch of misunderstandings. Because Hiccup wears his heart oh his sleeve and his father absolutely does not and it can be difficult to navigate a relationship when you need/want different things. Hiccup needed to hear the words his father couldn't bring himself to say and Stoick needed to learn to listen to his odd son at all. So I really like this story because it puts a big focus on this relationship and dynamic and it's great and I love it so much, thank you for it and the others.

I somehow always forget how much I love Thuggory before a re-read but I must say, I do really love him. He's a great friend to Hiccup. They all are in their own ways but Thug just has that best friend vibe going and I adore it so much, thank you.

Astrid going through her menstrual cycle during the training and blowing up is so realistic lmao I would snap at anyone then too. I am a nightmare when my period hits. I have a very short fuse and god help you if you set me off. So I can see her saying things she regrets in that moment, and again, she was a kid! Kids do that. She learned, obviously.

There was a bunch of hints through the story for everyone to figure out who Cattongue really was. Even though I'm rereading this for like the 5th time, I still always forget who figures out what when and everything so I enjoyed it when people did find out and have a conversation with Hiccup.

Ruffnut marrying Fishlegs is great. She's so sweet with him and then the whole thing with him not naming their daughter for so long is great; brought a lot of humor for me especially when she looked like she was about to strike Dogsbreath down there and then lol. I love Ruff in this fic even if I don't really care for her in the movies or TV show. (To be fair, I don't care for her or her brother in the movies or show... I just don't like people who exist solely for comic relief, but I like them more than Snotlout who I have always hated... he's so petty and prideful lol at least in the movies he seems to learn (somewhat) but in the TV show it drags on and on because hey, can't have him permanently learn this lesson because then what would we do for episodes lmao so he just gets stuck learning the same lesson and it's frustrating to me)

I could go on for a while, but I guess I'll wrap up by saying I love your writing style; it makes it a fun, easy read and I always enjoy it. There are some stories where the plot is okay but I just keep getting thrown off because of the writing itself but this is always a pleasure to read through and thank you for that. Really. This story is always a joy to read and I always come back to it.

Thanks so much for sharing!
1,155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »