Reviews for Chain Reactions
jamelia116 chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Wonderful characterizations. I really enjoyed getting a peek into Seska's thoughts about being stranded in the DQ. Thanks for this! I love "early days" Voyager stories.
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Come back to this one? Love the early journey stories. Seska *booo hiss*. So interesting to go back and rewatch the early episodes and see if the writers really gave us any clues or it was just an idea they came up with.
quantumsilver chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Bloody stunning. As always, your style leaves me wanting more.
DeltaCat chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Awesome! Love this so far! :)
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
The earliest days of Voyager’s journey have so much story potential and this format is an inspired choice to tap into some of that. These first three POV characters have quite different personal predicaments as well as their participations in the general ‘getting used to being in the DQ’ situation, and it’s interesting to see them run into each other. Tom’s POV is masterfully handled as always: a perfect follow on from ‘Blind Draw’. The ‘Henley incident’ just made me laugh for a second time. Is that going to show up in a Maquis-era fic sometime?
I enjoyed the start of Chakotay’s ‘strained monotone’, and Seska scheming and turning on the charm was great – not overcooked and turned into a kind of cartoon villain which could be easily done with her, I imagine. Looking forward to future instalments.
Missyhissy3 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
I really enjoyed these. The potential for Maquis/Starfleet conflict was so under exploited on the series, so it's great to see you basing such convincing scenes on it. Look forward to the continuation.
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Voyager, the early days.
The Paris/Chakotay scene is a treat. I love the closer look at Seska, at her scheming best.
I look forward to reading more.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Where do I start? Tom, Harry, B'Elanna, all perfect in their early-season incarnations. Seska POV. A Chakotay who still *feels* the compromise he's made (love your nod to his latter-season flat voice): "Accepting the bar had been his final act as a captain, a personal sacrifice for his crew." Plus, you have now fully embraced the present tense. I could not be happier. :-)
Aeryn Levia chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Aww, I love the Voyager crew! You're right, the crew probably went through several weeks or months at least of situations like these.