Reviews for Say Something
Denie1943 chapter 12 . 7/27/2020
So well done. After reading this the 2nd or 3rd time, it is still fresh and so sweet. Thanks for sharing! Stay well!
echarpe chapter 8 . 7/8/2020
rip in the chat for poor forgotten priscilla

(i'm only teasing, this is like my 5th time reading this. an old favourite)
Guest chapter 12 . 5/19/2020
Loved it so much! I watched the Anne of Avonlea movie yesterday and went looking for a story to help me satisfy my need for Anne and Gilbert time. This was a perfect story for me to have picked!
Marlignita chapter 1 . 4/28/2020
I love it! Thank you for sharing your books.
Un abrazo desde Valencia (Spain).
mang0fruitblast chapter 8 . 2/15/2020
I’m pretty sure I’ve reviewed the last chapter before so putting this here where I think it’ll actually post.

I don’t even remember how long ago it was that I first read this, but on a whim I went back through my old fabrication saves and when I saw this, I remembered how much I loved reading it and wanted to reread it. It’s just as beautiful as I remember. Anne and Gilbert remain one of my favorite love stories in writing, and I’m glad you took the time to write this all those years ago. Please know that your writing is still enjoyed in 2020!3
StarlingChild4 chapter 12 . 12/28/2019
What a beautifully romantic alternative ending! The desperate first kisses between Anne and Gilbert were the stuff of steamy romance novels! MmmmMMMM! *HEART EYES* And of course the proposal scene was too sweet!

I loved Phil being prominently portrayed here; she is a doll and it's a shame most (if not all) adaptations erase her. Rachel is a joy as ever (I loved her fussing over the telephone; she would be a Boomer today, complaining about social media, but we still love her lol), and Marilla's softer side was shown beautifully.

I loved the subtle yet powerful differences between Roy and Gil, proving that love and emotions isn't based on a standard or check off list, it just... is. Roy was definitely romantic, but so is Gil, just in different ways. What matters was who understood Anne best and who did she truly want. Love is a complicated thing, and we humans have a tendency to lie to ourselves out of fear or pride. Perhaps that's why Anne is such a beloved character, even over a century later.

(Though, admittedly, I appreciated you showing Roy's less pleasant side, showing his "true colors" if you will in the aftermath of rejection - perhaps his previous consorts were ended by him himself, so he can't handle rejection. Typical.)

Anne really does seem like the type who needs a "shock" to understand the truth, be it the thought of Gilbert dying or him passionately kissing her in the rain lol XD Oh, dear, sweet, stubborn, relatable Anne Shirley... At least she came to her senses, whether through fanon or canon lol.

Great job! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! :D
Shootingstar7123 chapter 12 . 7/17/2019
This is great! So glad to hear there’s a sequel!
LJ Summers chapter 12 . 6/16/2019
I'm all over swoony. This is perfect.

I've seen I've left notes here over time, and I can't see how I've not managed to add this to my favorites list, so I've done so. lol A delightful story. Thank you for it.
LJ Summers chapter 4 . 6/16/2019
How did I not finish reading this years ago? SO SORRY.

Love that Phil is sensible. Go, Phil! You've given her sound words, here, that totally feel canonical. Thank you!
irislim chapter 12 . 6/14/2019
This was a very sweet story!
HermioneGamer chapter 12 . 6/5/2019
That’s the best story/fanfic I’ve ever read. You are so creative and genius! I only wish I could read them telling people they’re engaged
noraborealis chapter 1 . 6/1/2019
Wow, what a beautiful story. I loved the romance, the banter, the emotions, the writing, the everything! Now I have to go read the sequel
leilalolalee chapter 12 . 5/11/2019
Freaking wonderful! I can’t decide which I liked better—the first kiss between them in the rain or the last kiss in the school house. Oh I can’t decide! They were both utter perfection! Thank you for sharing your story with us!
Miaka chapter 12 . 8/3/2018
I literally thought I only read 2 chapters, when I was gonna click to the next one I was smiling but then I stopped smiling when I saw it was the last one, and was surprised that I read 12 when I thought I read 2, well done, you know how to make a person cry in joy, I am so happy for you.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/27/2018
WHY AM I CRYING WHY HAS THIS ENDED I JUST NEED MORE HOW CAN I SURVIVE NOW? I DONT HAVE ANY MORE SHILBERT CONTENT TO READ. But that was beautiful. Wonderful. Thanks infinitely for writing it.