Reviews for Venom, Tears and Potions
Bobboky chapter 4 . 2/4
nice work
Smokey.Melons chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
I think you need to add more of an explanation about the Zodiac Apotheosis. As you just stated Harry and Hermione are the only living pair, but how difficult is it exactly to become one. Is it frowned upon by the wizarding world, revered?
Is their new legal status that of "magical creature" or something more?
How many people die in the attempt to become a Zodiac Apotheosis?
Is Voldemort's snake-faced form in book four a failed attempt?

Plus, Harry and Hermione are now in their third year with Ron in a coma. What becomes of Scabbers/ Peter Pettigrew? What about Sirius Black? How does their status as Zodiac Apotheosis effect the story arch of book three? And if Hermione in no longer taking muggle studies and divination, that automatically takes the time turner out of play.
blinddivinity chapter 4 . 10/17/2014
How very interesting!
Is the Headmaster manipulative in this fic?
I'm surprised we haven't seen Draco yet...
Firedon chapter 4 . 10/4/2014
Yup. That's it for me. Just brushing off that Ron's in a coma by explaining the failings of his personality is just cruel. That's still his friend. Or at least he had been his friend. And he just goes "oh well" like he caught the cold or something. This is what I meant with the "I'm missing the consequences" from the last review. You have the action (Ginny informing them that Ron's in a coma), and obviously there's the consequence that Ron's no longer there now, but it doesn't seem to mean anything else. Hell, worse than Harry's reactions are those of his family. Heck, Percy's angry because Harry says something bad about Ron and the twins just say that everyone knows that anyway. And boom. That's it. Everyone goes back to what they were doing, not caring at all that their brother's in a coma.
Firedon chapter 3 . 10/4/2014
I think this story is a bit too fast-paced with too few reactions for me. I can somewhat buy Hermione talking to Snape that way because of the adrenaline rush from jumping down the tower, mostly because she freaked out afterwards. But the last bit? That just feels bad. It's just that, simply because she caught that bead she's going to become seeker? Just like that? What about Olliver having her try out first, take a look at her flying skills and all?
I also think what most sapped my enthusiam for the story is the ridiculous acceptance that everyone displays. This is a gigantic change in the lives of two (I think it was) thirteen year olds living with loads of other thirteen year olds. Yet nothing happens in that regard. Everything seems completly normal, except for when they do stuff with their abilities. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you mostly show what they do, not what becomes of those actions. (I hope I'm making sense)
Firedon chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
Okay, those are some pretty interesting mechanics there with the transformation. Although the "my parents actually died a while ago" thing was kinda poorly done. It just feels like a tool to further justify her staying at Hogwarts. Also, I don't really understand the "part time child"-thing. Did you mean that they wouldn't want her because she'd only be there for the summers? 'Cause I don't really see the problem an orphanage would have with that.
Still, I'll read on and see where you go with this.
loretta537 chapter 4 . 8/15/2014
this is a good story, i'm glad to have found it
Delightfully sinful chapter 4 . 8/11/2014
You got those weapons backwards. Why would you give Harry a spear that requires close combat when his wings make him ideal for Borre and arrows? Hermione's feline attributes would allow her to use a spear to it's maximum since her flexibility would allow her to move with the spear and being catty gives her an advantage in close combats. I do hope you fix that bit. There's nothing that gets me turned off a series than when the author gives contradicting abilities that would increase the chances of them being injured when that ability should have kept them safe.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/8/2014
It's great to see Harry's more carefree side in this.

Loved the idea of House elves giving combat training lessons.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/8/2014
Good job!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/8/2014
Great chapter, loved the ending there.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Nice premise for a story, don't think I have seen something like this before with the whole Zodiac Apotheosis.
shugokage chapter 4 . 7/18/2014
Nice job on this interesting story and chapter!
anotherboarduser chapter 4 . 7/16/2014