Reviews for Violations of the Mind
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
This is a very good take on Tom's recovery! I enjoyed most B'Elanna's understanding and care! Good job!
Missyhissy3 chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
I enjoyed this a lot. It is a very convincing follow-up to the episode. I particularly liked the interaction you've written between B'Elanna and Chakotay, spot on for both of them I thought.
Rascal207 chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
OMG! Damn you're good! This was way intense, dark, angst, what a fantastic story!
That episode was a strange one, left quite a few gaps as to how hard it really was for some of them to bounce back.

This was not just reading, you write so passionately, it was reliving it with Tom. No fun when the deamons hunt us down, sometimes it feels like a vicious circle.

This is the 2nd story I read from you, I am a fan!
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Wow, yeah, that was pretty intense, wasn't it? As well as the main P/T relationship of the story, I liked how you got in Janeway deciding it wasn't the right time to reinstate Tom to his Lt rank. The codes for categorising the Chief Engineer's mood were a rare moment of lightness in this that I enjoyed.
But, to the main focus of the story, that point that 'Those memories had chosen him.' - that parallel to Caldik Prime with Tom trying to cover up his actions, I thought it was all really well done, and far more eloquently than I can word this review.
Delwin chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
I've been very much looking forward to this since you mentioned its existence in your previous author's note - and it was definitely worth the wait. I just finished the first of what I am sure will be many reads - there are so many layers at work here. (And I have to agree with the frustration at the lack of 'relationship' tag. My computer has suffered much abuse as I attempted to label stories that really needed that tag.)

First, you capture B'Elanna perfectly here - her fierceness, her commitment, her ability to know when it is time to cut through Tom's self-imposed isolation - that simple, "You took too long...I got tired of waiting" - without ever losing sight of that rarely shown vulnerability.

And the foray into Tom's subconscious which has conflated those implanted memories with the all-too-real memories of Caldik Prime is powerful and provocative.

The end result of a relationship deepened through trial and with a new level of commitment and trust is...well, just perfect.

A much needed and wonderfully crafted coda to "Memorial".