Reviews for In The Shadows
Guest chapter 7 . 3/22/2020
You mentioned "PBR" early in this chapter. About 50 or so years ago many of the brand names of beer in this country were of German origin.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/22/2020
WW is NOT a metahuman. If she IS a demigoddess, then she is part whatever Zeus is. Hypothetically ALL gods/goddesses are extraterrestrials because they don't have human origins.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/22/2020
"Death?" Maybe Kal should join Justice League Dark.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/22/2020
I had to read "Lord of the Flies" in high school and I hated it. I had to read "Childhood's End" in college and I hated it, too. "Dune" was too complex for me. However I did enjoy both versions of "The City and the Stars." Go figure.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/22/2020
Yes, Generals/Admirals do make a decent amount of money...but they're still G.I.'s. Damn few 2nd Lieutenants/Ensigns make it to Gen/Adm. Also, it can take 25 or more years just to earn a single star. Plus, you have to put up with assignments to some really bad parts of the world (even in the US!) even when there are no wars. The pressure gets worse the higher the rank. The job ends up taking precedence over family. Once the Gen/Adm retires most of the pressure is off but you're not really all that important anymore, with some exceptions, and most of them have to find some kind of job to supplement their retirement check. Gen's/Adm's DON'T get a "golden parachute" from the military when they retire. It's many, MANY times worse for enlisted personnel.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/22/2020
You need to read about the gold mines in South Africa that really are just ONE mile underground. The workers have to pass through a series of airlocks (I forget how many) because of the extreme difference in atmospheric pressure. TWO miles straight down and the conditions would be far worse.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2020
Uh-oh. This is already starting out horrible. It's too bad that SM's ship didn't have some kind of time contraction effect so that he would have arrived in 1810. Now that I think a little bit about world history about the only safe place to land at that time MIGHT have been Nepal...maybe. It seems to be a case of what location and point in time is the "least worst" of the choices.
Hitman202578 chapter 28 . 12/31/2019
Please, please tell me,you're going to have Clark put Diana in her place.
asingh123 chapter 47 . 11/25/2019
Hi,

I am gonna say something that is my personal opinion...

Your story is great, but you know what the main thing I found... It reads like an opera rather than a superhero story...

You are writing so so much, and explaining so much stuff... But you never wrote something that will stop me from skipping paragraphs... I know that's my problem and I agree,
but making Clark a regular run of a mill escapee... That was one aspect that truly made me want to stop... I mean the guy can create diamonds if he want, or can learn most complex stuff in minutes-hours(which u used just in 1 case)

Yes, putting roots for him is dangerous... But come on... If it wasn't for this story and your writing, Humans have no advantage over him(especially after his parents died)... Hence 'Opera'

Thanks in any case
Zero Rewind chapter 27 . 8/2/2019
Lol. Apple products are trash.
elixirmaster chapter 8 . 12/18/2018
I really wanted Clark to give in to anger and kill Lynch but now I see why it's better he kept his cool, I completely forgot about the ship.
elixirmaster chapter 6 . 12/18/2018
love that scene at the end, those two (Lynch, Waller) are exactly how I'd expect evil people to be - good intent and lack of understanding of others motivation/ideals, painting them with fears and prejudice instead of thinking. nice work.
Guest chapter 48 . 12/5/2018
And with this chapter comes the close of an amazing fic. Sparks flying between WW and Supes with the promise of things to come between them. Of course it’d mean other things would have to happen for that to come to fruition, but that’s up to us. He either stays on the path he’s on or he heads off to another bright future. Cheers.
DaiKiwi chapter 1 . 11/12/2018
I saw this mentioned in a Twitter feed this week (Nov 2018). I haven't looked to see what else you've done, and I note your early-on comment that this is effectively a first draft - spelling mistakes, grammar, dodgy paragraphs and all. Allowing for that I think it is a well written story that plays with the characters well. A tidied up version which tightens up things here and there would be interesting to (re)read. As it stands, it is still one of the better takes on "what if Superman appeared in the modern day". Cheers and best wishes to you. Oh yeah, I didn't find the addressing the audience thing a problem, generally.
shubhendu dutta chapter 48 . 11/5/2018
This was a great story man, very very well written.
1,343 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »