Reviews for In The Shadows
Crimsonlink310 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Another epic tale of Superman is about to begin. Thank you for writing these amazing stories for us readers to enjoy. I personally really appreciate them.
Berserkerofhell chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
That is a modern and dark start to this story. I am really excited for more.
Quathis chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Good interpretation of how it would likely go these days. Really liked Martha's last request. The government types, except for Steve, are remarkably the least human characters depicted here. Until next time.
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Wow! Great opening sentence. I could feel my eyes widen.

Really great prologue thing. It makes total sense. I'm researching the government's counter-terror stuff for school, so this is relevant, you might say.

Great dialogue between the Kents. I totally get the feeling that they love him, and the dialogue was so natural.

Oh. You portray the difference between the two scenes well. The first, when Clark was a boy, seemed sunlit, while the funeral and death of poor Martha seemed clouded and subdued.

Well-done portrayal of the different attitudes of the government agents. They all personify the different ways people react to things they don't understand.

I don't know too much about the Justice League, so I don't get the significance of everything, but I think you did a great job of giving people character even if they only appeared briefly. I would have liked a bit more description of the surroundings, though. What kind of day was it on the day of the funeral? What was it like when the government car showed up the first time?
darksword490 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Great start can't wait to see what happens next
ben10987654321 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
While i don't think it impossible to hide Clark i can see what you mean with the way technology penetrates every facet of life nowadays, especially when you're talking about a couple of farmers without the resources to hide Clark.

Have to wonder what sort of hero Clark can be from someone who grew up always moving, always hiding, always watching over his shoulder, someone who must have huge anger and resentment. He's got be closer to the darkside regardless of any promise he made to his mother.

I officially love Steve Trevor in this because he nailed the situation and showed some actual humanity.

Interesting opening. Look forward to more.
JohnTitor chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
My first thought of modern au was flashpoint with Supes being a slimy frail lab rat. Glad this was different.

As always, perfect interactions and plot. Can't wait to see more.
Sano Hibiki chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
That’s, perhaps, the darkest prolog to a potentially darkest story about Superman I ever read from you. Still, I was always curious what of ‘hero” Clark could grow to be if he didn’t have a happy childhood. And you probably the only author in this part of fanfiction who can make it work.

Looking forward to next chapters.
1,343 | « Prev Page 1 .. 80 87 88 89 90