Reviews for True Love Isn't Always Conventional
Author Pendragon chapter 1 . 4/25
Okay, where to start. First up, I like Harry/Fleur stories, for the most part. Some are atrociously bad and that's due to sloppy writing.

This one seems to be alright, but I must admit to some confusion. First point, why is Fleur Delacour in Britain with Madame Maxime during the school holidays? That makes no sense whatsoever. Surely she should be with friends...or her family. I sure as hell had no intention of spending any holiday time with a school teacher, let alone the headmaster of my school.

Second point...What's with the big introduction scene? "Hi, I'm Fleur Delacour and I'm from Beauxbatons in France." To paraphrase what you wrote..."I know we're fleeing from all these Death Eaters, but let me take the time to make sure you know where I'm from. Because that's more important than hiding, running or making sure all these enemies aren't sneaking up on us."

Sure, happens all the time in action movies, books, real life...not.

Spell choice is the third issue. Using expelliarmus, when a DE would maim or kill the useless male so he could then play with the female, just senseless. Dropping the wand as he dodged such a spell, or because his fingers were numb due to previous spell damage and then having him run for his life leaving the wand would make more sense. He'd still have to get another wand.
superdude50989 chapter 20 . 4/23
Looking forward to more chapters
NoNeedForAName chapter 4 . 4/22
I, for one am glad that Harry and Hermione did not end up together.
1529 chapter 20 . 4/20
This story started very well, but the dealing with the ministry over the past couple of chapters has me reevaluating the story... First of all, no international pressure on Britain or Fudge (that WAS an international incident) as well as, presumably, no consequences for Max? Secondly, these two individuals, one with law enforcement, determine that Harry has to find this object with no assistance? Is Amelia Bones evil in this fic? Because she effectively gave Harry banishment with no chance of appeal, no legal representation and no trial... just with a delay before the sentence is carried out... (I'm sure that is not what you have planned, but look at it realistically).

Another couple of points are that blackmail is pretty much universally illegal, so even at best, Maxime should fall herself should she attempt to use anything against the Delacour's... and Maxime evidently has sole discretion over expulsion from her school (despite being one of a persecuted minority), but evidently Dumbledore has no say in the same situation despite still being atop the popularity of the British magical world while also retaining the top legislative and judicial posts as well as the top international post...

The story is still good, but some plot holes have opened wide.

Thanks for writing.
tanzar81 chapter 20 . 4/20
Bad evil Harry springing his wonderful world renowned mass murdering godfather on her like that. Should be fun.
Dault3883 Barron Backslash chapter 20 . 4/19
i would tell Wizarding Britain TO STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE and take fleur and go to america!
ILoveGeorgeEads chapter 20 . 4/19
i loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved was great.
imgonnadie chapter 20 . 4/19
Excellent chapter
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 20 . 4/19
A great story here so far! Looking forward to reading more!
Sorting Hat chapter 20 . 4/18
Shoulda used the sorting hat as his adult advisor! Isn't the hat technically an impartial judge?
Lord Redmoon chapter 7 . 4/18
I had high hopes for Harry reaction much stronger to Molly's actions. I personally would have cut ties with her entirely. but hey whatever I guess.
jmfugate chapter 20 . 4/18
Interesting take with Harry having to go on a quest. I'm excited to see where you take this!
jamesdf chapter 20 . 4/18
I have to agree with many of the other reviewers, when I read the decision of the Wizengamot I saw no reason for Harry to stay in the UK, it makes more sense to leave than submit to this.
shugokage chapter 20 . 4/18
Great job on this chapter and scene!
Minna Vipera chapter 16 . 4/18
Isn't it kinda rude to murder an enchanted object like that?