Reviews for The Phoenix Queen
This series was beautiful. I loved it and vow NEVER to read HG because it would only spoil this. This was beautiful, the advancement of Zutara was perfect, and the characters well done. Congratulations on such a fantastic job. You should become an author one day!
The red death disease is based off that one Edgar Allan Poe short story, the Masque of the Red Death. Right?
Gigipink chapter 33 . 9/28
This was such a great series! I will admit, when I first saw the story description, I had low expectations and thought it was gonna be some weird crossover, but boy was I blown away!

You were really able to take elements of Hunger Games and seamlessly mix it with ATLA to make it work. Like the way you made hanging tree become Vaatu's tree was crazy!

Also, I thought it was funny how you beat Game of Thrones and did the Battle of the North before them lol (or did they? I can't tell). I hope to see more stories from you in the future.
Gigipink chapter 32 . 9/28
Is it stupid that I was expecting to see them do a dance of two dragons (the special dance for couples. Can't remember the exact name)
Gigipink chapter 30 . 9/28
Lmao just thought about how the proposal is giving me flashbacks to Pirates of the Caribbean where Will and Elizabeth got married in battle
Gigipink chapter 29 . 9/28
I KNEW IT! I've been side-eyeing him ever since he didn't volunteer in the other book.
caedere chapter 32 . 9/22
Did they ever finish sealing the portals?

Wow did NOT catch the clue that Jin was an airbender since she showed such aptitude and bond with Appa.

Also just occurred to me how Katara is the fire heir slayer. She's killed all of the heirs: Azula, Zuko, and unexpectedly Lu-Ten. Kinda crazy to think about. I'm glad Azula's at peace though. So symbolic to have her included in the end. The "redemption" arc everyone wants for her lol.

What's Pakku doing there, giving her away at her wedding? Hrmph.

I can't imagine what it's like for Iroh right now. Wonder if his focus on helping Zulo embittered Lu-ten or if he had already fallen for Ozai's propaganda already. Also that his brother is in jail. Ursa's reaction to Ozai reminds me of Book 1 takeaway: how even though you "win", you still lose. I guess that's the reoccurring lesson through all 3 books.

Can't believe crazy rock lady predicted it correctly and knew that Five was a friend.

I still can't believe this masterpiece exists. It's legit good. Like, I'd pay money for it in a bookstore. Amazing
caedere chapter 31 . 9/21
"Harmoniously, we push the Fire Lord into the opening of the tree."

Most epic sentence EVER.
Br chapter 33 . 8/30
What a ride...!
I hope my english improves a lot more so I can express properply how much I love this trilogy. But until then -because this is worth a re-read- all I can do is thank you for this awesome fic! It made me feel so many emotions!
Simeone who writes this wonderfully must be wonderful herself, I wish you the best in life :)
Bb chapter 23 . 8/26
I am re-reading this...again! This trilogy is simply amazing. Thank you !
cryingintheclub chapter 33 . 8/17
i finished this trilogy days ago but i started crying in the airport just thinking about it. thanks?

seriously though you are so incredibly talented
This trilogy is by far the best Zutara story I have ever read. I loved reading it so much and it's just so well-written. You are such a talented writer, and thank you so much for writing this beautiful story!
Aiedail En Galad chapter 33 . 8/14
Where to even begin. I finished this trilogy in a week. It would have been much sooner if I didn’t have to go to work. I pulled a few all nighters too. Amazing work. I don’t think I’ve ever read a fan fiction that had me so pulled into the story like yours did. It was hands dow the best written I’ve ever read.

The relationship between Zuko and Katara was beautifully written, in so many different levels. You could really feel the trust they had for each other. Their relationship was based on such much more then physical attraction, it was based on something deeper. That part was there, but it wasn’t even close What actually bonded them: their mutual trust, respect and admiration for one another. I could truly feel that they were bonded to each other. They knew they loved each other, without having to say it out loud, they knew. They showed it in their actions and support of each other. I know you were going for a “we love each other but we don’t have time to focus on that right now” vibe and it worked. Amazing job there. Ugh, I could keep going but I want to talk about the other stuff too.

Bowin and Jin. Enough said. They were so precious. Another brilliantly written couple. I like that you took the time to grow their relationship, like how it slowly creeped up on both of them, as well as the reader. When I saw how her reaction to first seeing him effected him, how he was shocked and Felt guilty, I knew I was in for a good exploration of their characters, weather it was plutonic or romantic. I’m so glad it was romantic. A few of my favorite moments of the entire series were between the two of them: when he whispered in her ear to reassure her as they escaped from below the palace, and when she got out of her bunk and he just accepted her into his arms as she joined him in his like it was just how things naturally worked. You were especially good at taking the time to describe the tenderness between the two of them, you described it so beautifully. Good twist with her being an airbender too. Even in published literature, I don’t think I’ve ever seen an author able to portray a character that was fragile, but not weak, like you did with Jin. (Especially there towards the end). Just amazing on so many levels.

Bottom line is: your work is amazing. You wright characters well in that they are consistent, and the relationship between the characters are explored with depth. I giggled at the cute parts, literally laughed out loud at Bowin, audibly gasped at plot twists and cried at deaths.

Well done my friend. Keep. Writing. NEVER stop.
whisperingwillow chapter 33 . 8/13
-Not to be dramatic but I am a happy and calmer person knowing this story of Zuko and Katara. It soothed something in my soul.
-I’ve never cried as much as I have reading this trilogy: 90% because of Sokka including every single time he was mentioned after his death - the bond between him and Katara is so strong. I think I cried more at their spirit reunion than I did at his death and that is saying something.
-This is better than published works I’ve read.
-Beautiful closure - I absolutely want more but also feel very much at peace with the end.
-The way you crafted the story through different elements of the originals and your own genesis is ingenious.
-Your depiction of Zuko and Katara is incredible in so many ways. With the setting, with them as characters, you're writing of it, just amazing. Their relationship and devotion to each other goes beyond love into saving each other no matter the cost and always being there. They so clearly love each other and know the other loves them, and despite the fact that they never address their love directly until the end, it works in this story and writing so beautifully.
-I will be rereading.

-Never stop writing
Wolf Huntress Silver Blood chapter 33 . 8/13
This was an Incredible series and journey, by far the Best Zutara and Avatar Fanfic I have Ever Read. You have yourself a permanent fan in me. Thank you so much for bringing this work into the world. I sincerely hope you both publish a book and perhaps even give some writing classes! In the meantime I will be studying your style, as an aspiring writer! Oof it's 6:30 am i stayed up all night reading this. I am emotionally drained But So So content. Thank you so much!
1,198 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »