Reviews for Mass Effect: The New Journey
NekiCat chapter 11 . 12/8
I sadly have to say that this chapter broke my suspension of disbelief. You just had the hunters kill multiple units of the absolute elite of the URSC. I can believe if a few Omega get killed, but that many, seemingly without any trouble (they still had all their ammo)?

It was a rather cheap application of the Worf effect: A badass character - or elite units in this case - gets curbstomped just to show how much more badass the new guys are. But this comes at the cost of making the previously badass character an absolute joke. This is especially noticeable since the URSC was shown to have the better technology till now. And I now have to question - since the Turian elite made short work of Omega without casualties, does the rest of the URSC military even stand a chance against these super soldiers?

Now I know that you didn't want to make this impression, and I expect the Hunters to get taken down a notch next chapter. But at least in this one, the balance seemed off. And not to worry, since I like your writing style and the general premise is interesting, I'll continue reading.
Dark The Bunny chapter 1 . 11/27
If i am correct, John's rank in the UNSC as Master Chief Petty Officer is basically the 9th highest rank in the UNSC. The rank 'commander' is basically nothing compared to the unobtainable 'Master Chief' rank, 'commander' is a more common rank then it. Please, keep the legendary Chief, himself (I am more of an authentic person and goes by standard stuff. You don't have to change it for people like me, pretty sure others wouldn't mind it, while some others would love it. Thanks!).
Cooldude chapter 15 . 10/20
I wonder when the unsc humans and the original sangheili are going to return to the Milky Way aka the unsc/separatist galaxy
Wom1 chapter 11 . 9/17
I just finished chapter 11 and it sounds more like a small tantrum more then an explanation. I can understand wanting the hunters to be more then cannon fodder but you just used fireteams crimson and majestic as cannon fodder instead to prove that they arn't mooks...

There's real threat, and then there's the bastard child of a 40k space marine and the incredible hulk. People would complain if any of blue team did something like that because they never did anything like that before, the MC was actually concerned about an air strike when one was dropped on him and had trouble fighting elites in melee.

Reading the codex entries that followed sounded EXACTLY like something from a HFY story with anything refrencing humans replaced by the turian equivlent

I was excited to see what you would do with the hunters, i was thinking lots of ambishes, jamming communications etc. Not characters with the personality of a Deus Ex HR boss wading into melee against what seemed like a small army with cringy overly arrogant lines.
CorruptedFlame chapter 10 . 9/17
So mote it be? I'm having traumatic flashbacks to Harry Potter fanfics...
The Prime Cronos chapter 18 . 9/11
That, was fucking amazing
The Prime Cronos chapter 5 . 9/4
I really thought Hacket and shepard would Hit it, but that was definitly a "hot damn" Moment.
Is it me or are you ripping off another guy's story? Some lines are exactly the same.
Yikes, too many filthy xeno scum. What the hell? These scum are making demands now after they were offered the chance to join the Alliance? FK THEM.
Why are filthy xenos trying to change the Alliance name? F them.
Kai Leng is born in 2156. So how in the hell is he in N7 by then?
Too many Drells. An exterminatus would come in handy to reduce their population to 100 million at most.

Female Shepard? Meh. Well, she would still kick Master Chief ass in combat.
epic insanity666 chapter 12 . 8/28
how could you do this to garus
Meito Uchiha chapter 11 . 8/28
Why the fuck are the Turians meddling, I thought they were more like a police kind of race? Sure there are some bad apples but they can't be all bad? Damn, why did Garrus have to be brainwashed. The Cerberus-like organization is a bunch of shit, they basically killed hundreds of millions of humans that were still on that planet, that's cold man. Even for me.

Overall, one of the best MASS-Halo crossovers I found so far.
AbyssWatcher chapter 20 . 8/13
Just here to say this is a great story. Ashame it's on hiatus.
1,335 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »