Reviews for Mass Effect: The New Journey
So the first comment in the beginning was un called for. Mass effect and halo are part of two different universes with two different tech trees, politics, and behavior. So yea. Also mass effect has faster ships in real time it is a fact. Also you mess up the mass effect cannon along with the halo cannon. So cool it and just write, get some thick skin and enjoy what you do
Anon chapter 11 . 8/29
I read this chapter and found out way this fic died.
You deserve to be infected by a flood spore and gruesomely and painfully turned into a proto-gravemind for this fanfic. Fuck you, hope you die.
Beverly O'betty chapter 1 . 7/25
You deserve to be anal vored by a twink
Zandaino-Nova-Ari chapter 12 . 7/14
Yeah this is definitely a Mass Effect Wank fanfic. It started decent but when you said that the Hunters would be Equal to Spartans I started to think it wasn’t going to be any good after that. Turns out I’m right. This story started good but you must prefer Mass Effect over Halo even going so far as to Nerf the Spartans. I am disappointed
Zandaino-Nova-Ari chapter 11 . 7/14
Author: ThIs Is NoT hAlO wAnK iT’s MaSs EfFeCt WaNk!
Zandaino-Nova-Ari chapter 10 . 7/14
So what you’re saying is that you’re buffing the Citadel races tech?
dullen chapter 3 . 7/11
"[UNSC Infinity] was commissioned nearly thirty years ago."
Task force led by Infinity existing in this galaxy for 102 years, not including service in the haloverse
Am I missing something?
udkudk chapter 20 . 6/20
Was good at the beginning. Not anymore, to much deux ex tech and plot armor to Citadel Races.

If you wanted equal fights, just make UNSC to arrive 15 years before 1st contact instead of 100 years.

If you got UNSC to arrive 100 years before 1st contact, the inevitable comp stomp is normal.

Technically the population numbers of Citadel Races are correct. Even expected. In this you did right. In thousands of years, a population of 1 or 2 trillion is while low for an space faring race, is expected because of limitations of mass relays.

But other factors are terrible. You give Citadel Races unbelievable amounts of tech.

You ignored the Reapers factor entirely.

They wouldn't have let Council Races all those technology.

I remind you the fact that, it's impossible for any civilization to forget developing new tech and completely depending on Ezo.

But it happened. It happened hundreds of times, to even thousands of years old civilizations. It happened for at least 1 billion years.

That means Reapers essentially indoctrinated entire civilizations once Ezo started to be used.

Who knows how? But they did it.
ADeter chapter 7 . 5/10
Oh the Batarians are gonna have their cheeks clapped like a 16th century Japanese hooker
I get that you don't want the Citadel forces to be curbstomped, but let's look at the facts, Jack. One, the Halo universe is far more advanced than the Mass Effect universe. Two, you say that you don't want to make the Hunters cannon fodder, but then you make Spartan-IVs into cannon fodder, which is hypocrisy at its finest. I honestly can't think of a conceivable way, besides Biotics, that Mass Effect soldiers can match any Spartan. Even with Biotics, Spartans would likely adapt to them. The UNSC's augmentation procedures are far more developed than the Citadel's, I can tell you that much right now, LOL. Something for perspective, the Spartans had their reaction times boosted by 300%. That means that the average reaction time of a Spartan is 45 milliseconds. Then there's the five times boost that MJOLNIR gives, which reduces their reaction time to 9 milliseconds (my math may be off here, so it may be more or less). As you may have realized, that's blindingly fast. The fruit fly has the fastest reaction time of any living being on the planet and theirs is 5 milliseconds. As such, I just can't believe that the Hunters have faster reaction times, especially with their inferior technology. Then, there's your author's notes. They make you sound like a whiny baby and like a mass effect fanboy who got butthurt by all the stories and who would wins that demonstrate that Halo stomps Mass Effect, LOL. You could have been calm and said something to the effect (no pun intended) that you wanted to give the Citadel something that would place them on near equal footing on the UNSC. Make them equivalent to Spartan-IVs. Maybe have a squad that's equivalent to Blue Team. But don't make them OP Mary sues, which is what you did here.
mcanal chapter 11 . 4/27
I know this story is dead but you are a little bitch. Keep whining on author notes instead of giving concrete arguments what are you a child? And how did you not expect people to bitch when you basically, magically slapped super powered turians who could massacre even SPARTANS and spec ops sangheili without any background information on how they came to be? They were just there, so that the SPARTANS will have that "little challenge" as you put it. Basically all this is just bullshit. Still tho gonna keep reading on how you fuck this up even more.
mcanal chapter 1 . 4/27
Good stuff
CrniVuk chapter 2 . 4/13
There was absolutely no need for such a big time skip. You could have put in at least 2 chapters of actual world building and interaction between UNSC/Separatists and the Alliance.
Good riddance to bad trash.
1,394 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »