Reviews for Mass Effect: The New Journey
AmethystPone chapter 12 . 1/31
You don't want Plot Armor for Spartans...But you should also be careful not to do the same for the Hunters...That would make YOU the Hypocrite...

From what it seems, Saren's team is the Spartan II...I guess there will be equivalents to all the levels of OMEGA/Spartan Soldiers? Not everyone can be the same...Even Augmentations are different...

Just a thought that popped into my mind...If either Spartans/OMEGAs or HUNTERs stumbled upon magical combatants like Fate-verse veteran enforcers and church executors, they would be slaughtered...The power of Anime ridiculousness and physic-defying-feats compels you...
And that is before we bring the truly inhuman-human-ish opponents that is several order of magnitude higher in term of skill (depends) and physical/magical capabilities.
I think this thought is from a desire to see magic and technology clash/merge...and do so properly.
AmethystPone chapter 7 . 1/31
...Council's Biggest Dreadnought is considered Light Cruiser to UNSC in size (frigate in mass)...And UNSC Infinity had rammed Through a CAS-Carrier (or was it a Covenant cruiser? Those tend to be pretty big too, bigger than UNSC counter-part) and continue on like nothing happened... Of course the tiny (by comparison) "dreadnought" would be inconsequential...
AmethystPone chapter 3 . 1/31
To be honest...I kinda don't want Cerverus to even exist...
More or less because of the conotation that they are Reaper's thralls.
AmethystPone chapter 1 . 1/31
Wait...Isn't Arbiter has a ~29km long Supercarrier as a Flagship?
Great another excuse to make mass effect humanity op, their humanity is basically a kid that found a richer kid’s toy
CReaper210 chapter 19 . 1/10
I just reread the entire story again and I believe this is one of my favorite ME crossovers. It's just so, so good. I've always been more interested in the stories where there is not just a government outside of the council sovereignty, but an entire 'federation' of sorts and this story pulls it off exceedingly well.

I also just realized that it's been just over a year since the last update for the main story, however. A lot of people seem to feel strongly about this story like I do, so I hope it does get continued at some point.
gangui chapter 1 . 12/29/2017
not that bad but the space amgic bullshit about the lords of admirals and shit is kinda weird and the human were less advance than the forunner not by a alrge scale but still and th ehuman and the covenant even if less advanced are not stone man and can hold their ground and finnaly if a human fleet from that period was to fight the reaper they would have won or at least destroy the majority og them ...
BrokenBastard chapter 16 . 12/19/2017
I'm not entirely sure why but by chapter 16 I can't find it in me to keep pushing forward in this story.

It's not the idea of the Mass Effect universe doing things to bridge the gap, if anything I like the way you've made them a threat to the Halo faction.

While I had an uncomfortable itch about how the human government is being run, that doesn't really feel like the deal breaker either.

Whatever the case, as much as I enjoyed reading this story, chapter 16 is when I feel I can't continue despite the fact Shepard is about ready to take on a larger role.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/5/2017
I have been reading this story since you began writing it. I love this story and can't stop rereading it. I understand that you're busy and that's why you haven't been posting, and that's not what this comment is about. Everyone has a life.
No, what this comment is about is the way Lasky did his interrogation. Originally I had no problem with it. It's just like what you see in the movies and tv. So there isn't much of a problem there. Except, they tend to do it wrong or make it hard to tell to casual people.
The way you interrogate someone is to get them to thunk kindly of you. You make them see you as someone try to help them. Perhaps someone is torturing them or something and the interrogator is standing there watching. They aren't the one doing the damage and often make it seem like they aren't the one's wanting to do it. They offer incentives like "I can make this end if you give me the answer" or stuff like that.
If the interrogator is the one torturing the prisoner then they've already failed. One of the most common ways to resist is to create and enemy. It's harder to get the truth out of a person who views you as an enemy than at the very least a sympathetic person or ally. You probably have even experienced this in your own life to a small degree with friends and family. You're more likely to tell secrets to those people than to strangers or someone who attacked you.
Please keep in mind that I don't pretend to know everything one this topic, and as with everything there are exceptions. For example in this, you have Lasky threating the man's wife. I could see that as an exception. (I will admit, I don't know a lot on this topic. However I had some research and a conversation about this the other day and this is one of the things I know. And yes, I know there are differences between interrogation and torture, yet the way you approach it is the same. You approach it with this method.)
Now, with all this being said you did what most people expect. There is no problem there and this is your story, write it how you want. I just would like to know this stuff if I was writing, if nothing more than just a fun fact. (I didn't expect to be using this fact to be honest, but I am now by writing this to you.) So please take this as that, a tip for your writing for more details and background info.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/4/2017
One thing that is strange, about the whole thing. Why would the pact and SA not transport/haul the relays from their systems via the use of mass effect tech and they drives? It's stupid to leave a unguarded potential hole in your defences.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/26/2017
Great story, but the turians some how have soldiers that make Mustard choad look bad? I mean okay.
BridgeBurn100 chapter 19 . 11/14/2017
Wow idk how the hell I didn't find this before but I am so glad I did! Keep up the amazing work!
Halo Star Wars X-over fan chapter 1 . 10/11/2017
A question, did they actually kill his innocent wife? Or was the video actually fabricated by the A.I's? To make him think that they did and stuff. As the actual UNSC never did do such stuff in regards of people that aren’t involved at all. I’ve read all of the books, so unless your making the UNSC in this story a Totalitarianism government then it doesn’t make much sense.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/9/2017
Introducing Titanfall? Love ya man. I don't know if you like Titanfall still, or have play Titanfall 2 yet, but when it mentioned a Titan could hold a Smart AI, I was so happy. 'Cause in TF2, the best robot sidekick (not really sidekick) is introduced: BT-7274. Just wanted you to know I love the story so far.
Guest chapter 19 . 10/7/2017
This is probably the best fan fiction that I have read. It has a lot of good ideas that you carry out well. It hasn’t been updated in while. Will you please do that.
1,267 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »