Reviews for Mass Effect: The New Journey
Mgl1206 chapter 1 . 5/6
I also think youre greatly over exaggerating the capability of the Turian to genetically modify soldiers. The UNSC is more advanced than the Council and their tech should make killing Spartan through anything but sheer overwhelming firepower impossible. And it should be greatly noted that Spartans had no energy shields until like Reach. A major reason for their deaths. Yes Spartan IV’s are overall much weaker but their armor is still powered and weighs half a ton, and that the older ones. These new ones would have had better shields, armor, power, just about everything. So for a couple genetically enchanced turians using tech and science far behind the UNSC to WIPE OUT even a Spartan IV team? Thats actual bullshit. Dont get me wrong the story is good but you’ve greatly exaggerated the abilities of the council races in terms of their might, technology, and capability. Thats not to say i dont disagree that there shouldnt be Spartan casualties, there definitely should be, but the way you did is honestly inglorious unsatisfying and also a disgeace to the spartans. And for you to do it to two fireteams and sangheili elites who you say can almost beat fucking Blue Team then yeah no that makes no sense. I suppose you wanted to give the Council a more even fight since the UNSC would have annihilated them with just their home defense fleet alone. But still, it was inglorious and underserving of the Spartans and the Elites. Even if it was a Spartan IV. Not to mention it was against 5 enhance turians. Really it makes no logical sense and really should not be all that possible.

Hell maybe the Titans might be as vulnerable to Mass Effect small arms as you make it (ignoring actual physics and how grain size projectiles behave at even hypersonic speeds and how micrometeorites can be stopped by the (relatively) thin walls of the ISS) but making Halo ships and the Spartans as weak as you make it frnakly atrocious. The stroy frnakly could be better and enjoyable but the moment you gave the Alliance UNSC/Covenant/Forerunner tech? That was when the Council should have been fucked up. Ground casualties sure why not, hell even a few ships here and there, but the scale of destruction seen? It just aint happening even with weaker shields. Because the anount of glow up youre giving the Council forces is enough for them to give the Reapers a pause and made them attack the Council centuries ago before they could advance enough.
Mgl1206 chapter 11 . 5/6
A hundred thousand missiles alone should have destroyed their fleet. Every single ship should have been hit with at least one. And with how Mass Effect shield works theyd be completely ineffective against missiles. The fleet that responded should literally be nothing but dust.
Mgl1206 chapter 11 . 5/6
Hmm dunno i cant help but feel as if youre making the Batarians much more powerful than they are in ME. This kind of fleet and firepower would have destoyred the Alliance in the games.
LilKittyCatty chapter 5 . 4/25
Didn't the fleet arrive in 2050 something?
LilKittyCatty chapter 3 . 4/24
Now that is a big mistake, decade should be changed to century. That's it, that is the mistake that is bothering me.
DragonTetho chapter 10 . 10/1/2023
To those who fucking worries about Humanity kicking ass, there's only one thing I can say to you. Traitorous scums.
Shadow vault hunter chapter 20 . 9/4/2023
I have to agree with people and there's obvious Mass effect wank like I get that you don't want to have the citadel races be completely the steam roles in a war but because of indoctrination the citadel races don't keep it big fleet and don't mess with AI or genetic experiments or cybernetics besides prosthetics I know the story is dead but I wanted to add my two cents so yeah it's obviously you've buffed Mass effect races to make it where they you know don't absolutely get crumped
Guest chapter 20 . 5/26/2023
Trash
knacklethrasher1 chapter 11 . 5/12/2023
Doesn't want the spartans to be overpowered mary sues, instead makes the hunters into overpowered mary sues while calling anyone who criticizes him a hypocrite. It's probably best you gave up on this story, because I certainly am.
Miyako1300 chapter 6 . 5/1/2023
This story is full of potholes and I can understand why so many have criticized this.
1. Councillors of the Citadel are subordinates of their respective governments, meaning Tevos reports to the Matriarch council on Thessia, Spartus reports to the Primarch on Palaven and Valern reports to the Daltrasses on Sur'kesh. They are at most mouthpieces of their governments not a governing authority in themselves.
2. Councillors are not going to take a STG operative's, however decorated, words on face value.
3. You can't hide the construction of Dozens of dreadnoughts, not in ME, there are many people who will notice the resources getting funneled, lesssaid about the manpower for s better.
4. This has been said probably hundred times before but yeah, all the mass effect wank bullshit.
whytf chapter 16 . 3/13/2023
I just realized that OMEGA and SIGMA are equivalent of Spartan IV and somewhere between Spartan III and II respectively. While UNSC goes from the best tailored to mass produced, URSC goes from mass produced to best tailored.
whytf chapter 11 . 3/13/2023
About Spartans vs Turian Hunters, I still think Spartans on average would fare better than Hunters, because of their experience (Notice how I didn't include Omega.)

Yes, Turian Hunters is gaining experience even while they sleep. But those are simulations, can't hold a candle to Spartans real war experience. Also the fact that Hunters in their simulation fought foes that was roughly their equal (other citadel races) while Spartans fought a desperate war against the much stronger Covenant.
WirelessDown chapter 14 . 1/13/2023
Complete nonsense about the knowledge of the Covenant about all the projects of people. They really fought a war and do not underestimate the ability of human technology in terms of information processing. They were superior to the Covenant and were one of the few advantages humans had. The Covenant didn't know about Infinity or anything. They even found Earth by accident when they were looking for Forerunner artifacts. Otherwise, there would not have been a reconnaissance fleet, as in Halo 2, but a full-fledged fleet that destroyed the Reach. It is worth mentioning the Cole protocol, which greatly dragged out this war. So your statement about the fact that the Covenant knew everything from the very beginning is just gag and nonsense. If the covenant had known all about them in the beginning, humanity would have disappeared within a year or two.
WirelessDown chapter 1 . 1/13/2023
One of the most stupid and illogical beginnings. Captain Lasky and Aruitre will never agree to take and dump in another galaxy without the consent of their governments. Think with your head. Thomas Lasky is a captain, not an admiral, and even if an admiral, it is not for him to make decisions for an entire task force. He had to delay the decision and coordinate his actions with Fleet Admiral Hood. Only then could you send a task force led by the most powerful ship "Infinity" to another galaxy for no reason.
mj666 chapter 20 . 12/27/2022
Honestly, this fanfic was an enjoyable read but i had a few problems with it tho. This fanfic was meant to be Humanity wank, which is why the ancient human sent the infinity ship and her allies into the 2050s. In the middle of the story, you decided you no longer wanted it to be a wank no more. If that's the case, how can they get the ancient human technology, if humanity can't conquer their galaxy. The Humanity and her allies should easily be able to stomp the opposing side without much resistance. That's was the point of sending them 100 years before canon. Honestly this fanfic makes no sense to me anymore but I respect your writing though.
1,409 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »