Reviews for Mass Effect: The New Journey
Unknown2615 chapter 7 . 8/17/2017
Unfortunatly im going to have to drop this story. I loved the timescale for the whole story and the fact that not everything was given to the alliance on a silver platter but with the emphasis on swords and shit i just cant take it. No self-respecting member of any military in the 22nd or 23rd century is going to bring a fucking katana of all things to a fight, they would be laughed out of any training school and not allowed to ever suggest anything so monumentally stupid again. I know the elites have the energy swords but they at least have the excuse of being basically light sabers and when off are just a grip so bringing one as a last resort is logical. A metal Katana on the other hand is just in here for the 'glorious nippon' circlejerk and thats is. Positives in this story are that there is a semi realilistic depiction of time passing and time needed to build. No building whole fleets of ships in a few months, that shit takes 10s of years and can be delayed for seemingly no reason out of nowhere. Cons mainly is the aformentioned Nippon katana bullshit. a relativly minor gripe all things considered seeing as only a select few characters even have them but the fact that they are taken seriously at all means i cant take the fights or charecters seriously and they ruin any and all immersion i had into the story.
Guest chapter 19 . 7/24/2017
Hunters need to be removed for the plot so far they haven't done much but kill crimson and majestic and fight blue team and some tdst's so it should be easy to remove them also don't like the whole T.I.M thing , some osi prick who some how has ex-n7's loyal to him, sorry but that's bs and the whole observing sigma condidates by him, if sigma is as hush hush as you say how does he know? I know you need some bad guys in the story but I prefer your standard bad guy not unrealistic Turian bs, so change that and the story's perfect.
Halocanon chapter 1 . 6/22/2017
Honestly, the "HUNTERS" ruined this for me. Why? Because it's absolute horse shit, that's why. And I'm wondering how the Turians managed to get the candidates to survive augmentations that are apparently on par with SII augmentations. Like BULL SHIT, it's absolutely absurd. That The best SIV fire teams, with years of combat experience, got taken out. And I know damn well ME tech is no where close too Halo in regards to armor and medicine, so that's also too far fucking fetched. The UNSC started the Orion project in what? 2490? And it failed, and it was being led by the smartest being in the known universe besides the Librarian herself? Come on, when the second Orion project came, they only had THIRTY THREE candidates survive augmentation, so do explain how ME universe ha managed to make not a mere handful of the "HUNTERS" but a whole battalions worth? Literally doesn't make sense, and even if they did try a super soil der program, they wouldn't be able to match up to even a spartan IV, given the medical tech is serverely behind Halo. And don't get me started on the armor systems, I call MAJOR BULL SHIT, MJOLNIR is powered by a fusion reactor, that's more output than any mass effect based energy(depending on scale) so to say that they have armor that's powered by ME tech that's superior to MJOLNIR, is simply ridiculous. I mean Jesus. Sorry for the rant, but it's a little more than ridiculous how the HUNTERS are far more surperior to Humanity's best, that have been battle hardened by thirty years of war, against an enemy far more superior than us.
someoneinsane chapter 11 . 5/19/2017
I know im a bit late and all but killing both sanghilli and other forces on mass and doing it with no deaths and no support for five days on there side would have been more than enough to put them on the same threat level as spartan twos but killing off both of the best spartan fours fireteams at the same time is not only eyebrow rasing but frankly absurd considering that they got curve stomped with out as much as a chance to reload
You say halo fans would not complain if it were spartans doing this and your right but do you wish to know why we expect it because we have been shown time and time again that spartans even in universe no matter witch genneration could overcome imposible odds sometimes with little to no support that others would get atomised in seconds such as on two occasions surriving falls from orbit, fighting through hordes of alien soldiers to escape a planet or halo/ark or managing to fight through a hive of alien parasites that was last out and about caused the technoligicly advanced race that was lightyears ahead of humanity to bassicly hit the glatiatic reset button and they pushed through on multiple occasions no less and sometimes with just one guy meanwhile these HUNTERS show up and slaughter the spartan fours in around less then a minute from the whole none of them being able to reload before being killed im sorry but for this being there first time fighting spartans it seems a bit eyebrow rasing to down one spartan four fireteam in a prolonged enagement but two of them and them being both majastic and crimson at the same time and slaughter in such a spectacular fashion to the point of what was the point of saying you weret going to making characters to Overpowerd but then go and slaughter the best spartan four without them giving them as so much as a dam papercut to the HUNTERS shows me that you were trying way to hard to make them on the level as spartan 2s in terms of threat dont get me wrong i was happy when i read you were going to make this more of a even fight but instead i get a slap and the face from what ive read so far makes it seem like the mass effect characters are going steamroll across the galaxy and i would not be surpised at the citadel turning into a giant robot and using the unsc infinity as a basket ball and having them be all on par with spartan 2s does not help that feeling due the line of there being 100s of capsules does not help this feeling with each of them containing one of these slaughter machines considering there where only 33 spartan 2s after augmentaition after the training of the first class if there hundreds of HUNTERS just waiting to go i honestly dont see how all the omega squads doing anything against them i expect ARKLIGHT to resemble a rubix cube the next time we run into them and noble team to be killed off screen just like majstic and crimson just to make the HUNTERS look more overpowerd then they allready are considering you just shown that there just better spartan 2s with not only equal power in terms of modern armor and weapons along with enough training to make even dediacted solider say they should really get some form of hobby but there being mass produced by the hunderds so all in all please reel the HUNTERS back from omega space jesus levels of power or the very least dont create them by several truck loads at a time per week
Morticus Mortem chapter 19 . 4/5/2017
Epic story. Need more. Hunters must die.
Gaelas chapter 18 . 2/22/2017
Fuck you and your amazing writing.
CReaper210 chapter 11 . 2/19/2017
I absolutely don't mind the idea of Hunters being equal to Spartans. But it did seem kind of absurd to me when I saw that both Crimson and Majestic teams(5 spartans each?) were dead along with spec ops Sangheili when, as far as I know, there are only 3 Hunters. Unless I'm just missing something, that makes it seem like the Hunters are as OP as Spartans typically are.

At least the main Spartans are still alive for now. I'd like to see a little more of Noble team and John together before any of them get killed off.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/13/2017
why is leng talking like a USA local wannbe yakuza in the hood?
Dewiltse chapter 18 . 2/5/2017
Hey...just so you know. I love the story. My brother bill found it a few years ago and told me but never linked me too it. I found it earlier this week and have been reading whenever I get the chance. I will read chapter 19 tomorrow. But I just want to say that I love the story. It is one of my favorite fan fictions. Its right up there with vexmasters fan fictions. Thank you for putting so much time and love into each chapter. I look forward to each chapter and am sad I have nearly caught up. XD if you need ideas for tech, mention it in a chapter. Because I have been having imagination wars with my brothers since I was three and found that the best way to fight their superior numbers was with op tech that was based in the real world, not some sci fi. To put it bluntly how much I wanted to beat them... I explained my way up to starwars level tech. Then halo. Then I went nuts with theoritically plausible weponary in the real world. From eletrical gas in the size of a pill that will take down spaceships. To arming my infantry with pistols that incinerate a planets atmosphere in a single blast (with the added side effect that when it hits something it creates a black hole. Because it goes past plank temperature. Look it up. Making a black hole this way is called a kugleblitz). But yea... lots of fun.
Axcel chapter 2 . 1/29/2017
I hope we get to see more ancient human tech and its return to humanity in this fic. :)
Oniele chapter 7 . 1/20/2017
LET THE HAMMER FALL!
Oniele chapter 1 . 1/20/2017
Ah, cool.
Fernix13 chapter 19 . 1/19/2017
Im sensing a colision of OMEGA/OSI with HUNTERs on torfan.

Nice job with the interrogation.

Sorry to see you skipped some political shitstorm, would love you to introduce two new politicians, one friendly with Xavier and another a pain in the ass.

Also, i find it highly unlikely that forces in prbit did not drop to Angel city en-mass during the attack, nor assisted Deadalus in repelling boarders.
Big.Mac.51 chapter 19 . 1/7/2017
Sorry it took a few days for the review. Although it seems this chapter was more plot furthering and foreshadowing rather than uniquely memorable. I think you're trying to set up a lot of things for the future and the proverbial ball will drop on a lot all at once. Seems to be an implication of gene manipulation. Not modification per say but more of a purification. I also suspect that the manipulation is dominant and was passed to his daughter. So as not to spoil things for others I wondering if this is related to previous things we've discussed and an attempt to replicate the protean change.
As for the torture for information and the beginnings of the invasion, I'll hold off on attacking the baddies for now as I think the next chapter will focus on that but the torture seemed less meaningful as information gathering rather used to demonstrate the relationship between lasky and sayuri. If you want more specific thoughts on stuff send me a pm. Hope the next chapter is faster!
Fer82 chapter 19 . 1/5/2017
Late review... Uhm ok i going to say, those jackass are indoctrinated, its the only reason and fits Reapers mo very well. Im going to agree Hunters seems overpowered and in their apparittions, plot seems to get their side, how is that Torfan its still in business again?

Nevertheless more mysteries now with the beacon. Good chapter overall.
1,409 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »