Reviews for Mass Effect: The New Journey
Zandaino-Nova-Ari chapter 11 . 7/14/2022
Author: ThIs Is NoT hAlO wAnK iT’s MaSs EfFeCt WaNk!
Zandaino-Nova-Ari chapter 10 . 7/14/2022
So what you’re saying is that you’re buffing the Citadel races tech?
dullen chapter 3 . 7/11/2022
"[UNSC Infinity] was commissioned nearly thirty years ago."
Task force led by Infinity existing in this galaxy for 102 years, not including service in the haloverse
Am I missing something?
udkudk chapter 20 . 6/20/2022
Was good at the beginning. Not anymore, to much deux ex tech and plot armor to Citadel Races.

If you wanted equal fights, just make UNSC to arrive 15 years before 1st contact instead of 100 years.

If you got UNSC to arrive 100 years before 1st contact, the inevitable comp stomp is normal.

Technically the population numbers of Citadel Races are correct. Even expected. In this you did right. In thousands of years, a population of 1 or 2 trillion is while low for an space faring race, is expected because of limitations of mass relays.

But other factors are terrible. You give Citadel Races unbelievable amounts of tech.

You ignored the Reapers factor entirely.

They wouldn't have let Council Races all those technology.

I remind you the fact that, it's impossible for any civilization to forget developing new tech and completely depending on Ezo.

But it happened. It happened hundreds of times, to even thousands of years old civilizations. It happened for at least 1 billion years.

That means Reapers essentially indoctrinated entire civilizations once Ezo started to be used.

Who knows how? But they did it.
ADeter chapter 7 . 5/10/2022
Oh the Batarians are gonna have their cheeks clapped like a 16th century Japanese hooker
Guest chapter 11 . 4/29/2022
I get that you don't want the Citadel forces to be curbstomped, but let's look at the facts, Jack. One, the Halo universe is far more advanced than the Mass Effect universe. Two, you say that you don't want to make the Hunters cannon fodder, but then you make Spartan-IVs into cannon fodder, which is hypocrisy at its finest. I honestly can't think of a conceivable way, besides Biotics, that Mass Effect soldiers can match any Spartan. Even with Biotics, Spartans would likely adapt to them. The UNSC's augmentation procedures are far more developed than the Citadel's, I can tell you that much right now, LOL. Something for perspective, the Spartans had their reaction times boosted by 300%. That means that the average reaction time of a Spartan is 45 milliseconds. Then there's the five times boost that MJOLNIR gives, which reduces their reaction time to 9 milliseconds (my math may be off here, so it may be more or less). As you may have realized, that's blindingly fast. The fruit fly has the fastest reaction time of any living being on the planet and theirs is 5 milliseconds. As such, I just can't believe that the Hunters have faster reaction times, especially with their inferior technology. Then, there's your author's notes. They make you sound like a whiny baby and like a mass effect fanboy who got butthurt by all the stories and who would wins that demonstrate that Halo stomps Mass Effect, LOL. You could have been calm and said something to the effect (no pun intended) that you wanted to give the Citadel something that would place them on near equal footing on the UNSC. Make them equivalent to Spartan-IVs. Maybe have a squad that's equivalent to Blue Team. But don't make them OP Mary sues, which is what you did here.
mcanal chapter 11 . 4/27/2022
I know this story is dead but you are a little bitch. Keep whining on author notes instead of giving concrete arguments what are you a child? And how did you not expect people to bitch when you basically, magically slapped super powered turians who could massacre even SPARTANS and spec ops sangheili without any background information on how they came to be? They were just there, so that the SPARTANS will have that "little challenge" as you put it. Basically all this is just bullshit. Still tho gonna keep reading on how you fuck this up even more.
mcanal chapter 1 . 4/27/2022
Good stuff
CrniVuk chapter 2 . 4/13/2022
There was absolutely no need for such a big time skip. You could have put in at least 2 chapters of actual world building and interaction between UNSC/Separatists and the Alliance.
Guest chapter 20 . 4/8/2022
Good riddance to bad trash.
Guest chapter 11 . 4/8/2022
I know this is already dead and all but I just feel like saying that this AN neatly killed it for me anyways. This fic was a perfect example of "give Frodo a lightsaber and the give Sauron a deathstar".

The whole crossover like usual is utterly pointless because the Council will magically be UNSC level.
x6568tank chapter 11 . 2/6/2022
renegade team shouldn't be as strong as the s-iis or s-iiis imo cause, y'know, decades upon decades upon decades of combat experience, but it's more than reasonable if they match if not exceed s-ivs or omegas. this probably doesnt matter considering I'm on ch 11/20 and all decisions in this vein have already been made, I just like giving feedback
x6568tank chapter 10 . 2/6/2022
so renegade, blue team, arclight and ghosts, all fools to one another
x6568tank chapter 10 . 2/6/2022
about a quarter in, calling it now, tyson's fucking dead. he's gonna die
Jubjub3000 chapter 3 . 9/12/2021
Makes me wonder how far the elites have come in building their infrastructure up, I'm sure that after 100 years they would have the capabilities to build ships of a similar tonnage to their supercarriers. Shame they didn't start out with one as then they could claim to have lost their homeworld and are looking for a place to settle down.
1,404 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »