Reviews for Mass Effect: The New Face of War
Bob chapter 61 . 2/9
Dude did something happen?
Chris Adair chapter 61 . 1/5
This is a great story and I hope it continues.
Bob chapter 61 . 12/28/2017
Please be okay.
Bob chapter 61 . 12/5/2017
Dude you okay I'm starting to worry.
Annwyn chapter 31 . 11/26/2017
Brilliant story. I'm surprised there wasn't a type of 12 step recovery program similar to nar-anon set up for the recovering slaves. It works for individuals who were victimized as a result of their relationships with addicts, gamblers, sex addicts, etc. It could be adapted to engulf a group as large as billions of people, and because of the personal involvement it would only take a little bit of outside help and intense dedication from already recovering slaves to set up. Basically it would need to be a ratio of one slave above average in their recovery for every 100 slaves who are lacking, perhaps even scaled up. The one slave shares a story of hope, and the others have opportunities to vent, while the majority just listen in, letting the hope for recovery slowly seep into their psyche till they're willing to step up. I'm sure there will be well written solutions to this issue already though! Such a good writer, stunned at the young age of PFB, and in awe of the enrapturing story being told. Thanks for writing so much :-)
madsloth chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
I don’t want to come off as overly critical but, I’m really confused right now…

Basically humans spent 100 years in space governing themselves just fine and fearing aliens, then a war happens with an alien government and enough humans are pissed that the government does not join that very same government that attacked their home and to basically become a serf to them that they are willing to murder other humans? What?

Humans barely tolerate being ruled by other Humans much less submit themselves to an alien government, they just met who destroyed two of their major cities and killed millions of them. The only way this rebellion would be really believable if the Alliance did decide to join the citadel as a cadet race and scrap 95% of their defense fleet.

As it turned out, they had spent several days, post-Second Contact War, looting and proliferating the naval battlefields.

There were about 200-300 ships destroyed at Roof, which could have been looted, the idea that they ‘looted’ thousands of ships from Earth and Mars orbit with no one noticing is hard to believe.

I half suspect this ghost is Nikola because of
...Nikola's holographic projection watched as Whyte left the room, the second the door closed, it felt the right side of it's 'face' distort, with a quiet 'Zap!'
madsloth chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
A few observations with regard to the Shepard back story, and SIGMA II.

I think the biggest question would be is this program even necessary, yes a lot of SIGMA died during the war but half of those deaths seem to have been from the bombardment of Tokyo, and most of the rest to very unique centuries old super solders that can’t be replaced. The true measure of the SIGMA forces was how they completely handed the Quarian Marines their asses… even the N7s were better than the Specters. So sure maybe the SIGMA II would do better against the Turian Ghost but are they going to survive an orbital bombardment?

John Shepard is recruited into the SIGMA II Program, rechristened as 'John-S2-15'

Was he? Recruited is clearly a euphemism for something far more sinister. Which really makes one wonder how much better the Alliance is then the Batarians?

But let’s be honest what they are doing is little different then what the Jedi do and most sci fi fans love Jedi. Yet that does not make what either of them are doing right. And the program has just started but they already proved they are willing to break their own rules (just taking orphans) when it suits their interest.

It is too soon to tell but I think it will be hard to view Shepard as anything other than a brain washed slave, thus incapable of being a real hero even if he may do things that seem heroic.

Also given as how the government clearly shown it has few if any ethical concerns… after abducting and enslaving children then telling a woman who devoted her life to the nation that her kid is dead, they should have probably also killed Captain Shepard to avoid any complications down the road. She is after all just one of 15,000 or so captains in their fleet, is it worth the risk having the most powerful human ever run in to mommy 15 years later and realize his whole life is a lie?
TheColdSpaghetti chapter 61 . 10/25/2017
in.boring.situations chapter 61 . 10/19/2017
great story, waiting for sequel
Benthatguy chapter 1 . 10/13/2017
Your story hurts me. It's to good I feel so invested in the characters that it physically hurts when they are in danger. No joke I have to stop reading after every couple chapters and wait a day until a calm down
DovahCheese chapter 5 . 10/7/2017
bamboozled again
Guest chapter 61 . 9/4/2017
Oh you big motherfucker, i See something big on the horizon. Now this theory is Based on the existence of the catalyst, but it goes like this.
So Spokane want to Use the combined Power of the reapers and the Catalyst to travel through time to get his family back, question is who much will get screwed over in the mean time,
Chris works wants to Play Ingenieer while being the public face of Cerberus so work to the Evolution of mankind. In addition the Evolution of the sigmas because there is no way He not predicted that one.
Shepard... He will succed the ones, but what will happen with his mum? Let's See, i am still looking forward to the point where the old Team from me1 comes together.
And I See a big Shepard Miranda pairing on the horizon.
Well those are my thoughts, let's See what the Future mal bring.
The Prime Cronos chapter 59 . 9/3/2017
So much for the innocence of the last character , well that was really fubar!
awsomeguy chapter 54 . 8/24/2017
does hannah ever find out that john is her son?
The Prime Cronos chapter 43 . 8/26/2017
Well Fuck yeah! Now that gave me one big shiver running down my back. Can't wait till the shit hits the fan
1,268 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »