Reviews for Friend and Lover
msgrits chapter 1 . 10/26/2004
this is a tender, sweat, well written story
CSIRMT chapter 1 . 12/5/2002
I just got around to reading this one. Yeah - I think Hank is a very practical guy and would make a dandy tragic hero.

As always - I think you're my favorite writer...

CSIRMT
Morrolan chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
This is really good. Are you going to write another chapter to this...? It would be interesting if you did.
syl77 chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Hey,

Excellent job, Seemply brilliant! **Sylphide drawls in a really bad fake Italian accent**

I love it. The interaction between Grissom and Hank seems true to life.

Syl
Luminol chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Wow! This is great! I especially loved how Sara muttered about 'plants and zambonis';) Keep up the amazing work!
vigirl chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Really intriguing take on Hank and his role in all this...maybe the plot device vessel can justify his existence! Very nice job with this, very smoothly written and a neat way to get into a 3rd party POV re: G/S...Good work!
ZHeidi chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
You are so awesome and so is this story.
Grissom's Girl chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Ohhhhh! Ahhhhhhh! I've wanted to dislike Hank, but you've made that impossible now. What a wonderful scene, making Hank shake up and break apart Grissom's delusions and walls like that. Thank you. You are still the master!
Eolivet chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Mich, how do you do it? Your vignettes are always deceptively simple, yet there's always such feeling beneath them. You have a way with words - keep using them. So keep writing!
WashDCChick chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
If only it would happen this way! A beautiful piece of fic. Mumbling about plants and zamboni's, hee!
Jim Stephens chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Hi Michmak -

I haven't been able to read your stuff for a while now, but it doesn't look like your lacking for reviews. I have a lot of reading to catch up on - it looks like you've posted several stories and chapters for your WIPS.

I'm glad I had time to log in this morning just to see what's new - this is a delicious story! Your use of Leonard Cohen at the end is perfection, and Hank's description of Sara - "...the startling vulnerability she tried to hide underneath a thin veneer of control and toughness. She was a mixture of diametrically opposed emotions - calm and fiery, tough and tender, smart and so achingly naïve sometimes it hurt him just to look at her" is just so perfect.

It's interesting to see a fairly preliminary character used so neatly to progress the G/S relationship, and the fact the story is told from the persepctive of Hank, with no Sara and very little input from Grissom makes it all the more unique!

Kudos! I'll try to read your other stuff over the next few days!

Jim Stephens
Grav chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
I am running out of nice things to day to you. You keep writing one amazing story after another. I love how you always find music that works so well...keep it up, and we'll have to burn a Michmak sound track...hey, I am a poet and I never realized it...

Anyway, you are awesome. Please keep writing.

Grav
LostInBlueSkies chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Wow, you just continue to amaze me! I love all your fics, and this one is no exception! You da bomb!

Marita