Reviews for Survival of the Fittest
Pogo chapter 19 . 5/18
It's ashame this hasn't been updated in a long time. I've gone through a lot of fanfics & I don't recall anyone taking the time to write for the DLC. I've also been so curious about the siblings and how that'd span out, so despite the lack of activity I'll be hanging around in hopes of an update.
Kai chapter 19 . 3/4
Please continue this, this is one of the best I've read so far
Lacy Martinez chapter 19 . 3/27/2015
This story is great! I love the romance and the flow of the story. Keep up the awsome work.
bleachcreep21 chapter 19 . 11/13/2014
I love how you've taken the traditional Courier storyline and adapted it into something unique, yet still managed to gather all of the followers. The dynamic between Six and Caroline was very well played, and I didn't even notice the shift between the two personalities at first; I applaud you for the seamless transition. I look forward to reading more, and seeing where you continue to take this story (particularly Boone's, Mickey's and Veronica's reactions upon Caroline's escape and reunion with the group!).
bleachcreep21 chapter 6 . 11/9/2014
"Saving people, punching things." Instant Supernatural association. I like it.
Has anyone told you this story is amazing so far? It is, in case they haven't.
Lacy Martinez chapter 19 . 9/12/2014
This story is awesome! I love how you have the story so well planned out. I love her brother and his boyfriend. They are so cute together. Keep up the awesome work.
Tom-Ato13 chapter 16 . 6/30/2014
As promised.

Interesting opening. Having the Van Graffs come after them, makes you wonder if this will be a recurring theme. The family is after a large criminal syndicate as far as I remember.

No Black Widow route, a pity. I would have enjoyed that immensely. She did see Yes Man, and looks like she decided to take Vegas for herself once and for all.

Brutal way to kill Benny. His death obviously affected her, you have to wonder why. Was it it the sheer brutality she showed? The close quarters death? She has for the most part stuck to guns, very impersonal way to end someone. A knife is up close and personal.

And she's headed to the Madre. This will not bode well for her in her current state. Wonder how you'll handle that, plus the gang has to pick up the pieces and search for her. Man you know how to keep a man hooked.
Tom-Ato13 chapter 15 . 6/8/2014
Aww. No rescue rangers. That would have been fun. Still a good chapter. Now we got Legion assassins on the prowl, but who is their target? Makes me come up with new scenarios now that they are properly involved. So I'm guessing Benny is coming up soon? Wonder how that'll play out. Black Widow would have been an interesting route to take, just to see Boone and Mickey's reaction.

If you need someone to look over your chapters, I can do it. I will admit I'm not the best when it comes to that sort of thing, and I'm not the most prompt person on the planet. But it's summertime so I'll be having more spare time now than before. Just putting the offer out there should you want to take it.
darkvirus510 chapter 13 . 6/3/2014
Amazing just amazing
Tom-Ato13 chapter 14 . 6/3/2014
Uh-oh. Caroline developing a Med-X habit? A bit too early to make that leap but of she's desperate enough it can happen. And a Jimmy? Has he been mentioned before? Can't recall of he has.

What did Mickey want with Boone? And how is he gonna get all the info? And will Caroline and Co. Storm the silver rush? Maybe Mickey gets captured and they are forced to? Because I always go in and wreck the place, since they essentially try to kill you if you go the report route.
Tom-Ato13 chapter 13 . 5/28/2014
Interesting.

A dual POV chapter, not bad. I prefer the singular chapters, but it seems that Mickey is going to be tagging along now, so those won't be as useful if he's around Caroline. You did it well too, no confusion in transitioning.

Some King missions done, though not the big one yet. A couple of romance things too. Arcade still being dodgy about his past, I wonder how Mickey will react to him being Enclave. That'll be fun. And a tiny bit of Caroline/Boone as well. Like I've said, adding Mickey is an interesting twist, because no matter how old Caroline is or what she has seen and done, she's still his baby sister, and he has to protect her. So Boone has to deal with that, along with all his demons.

As far as the worries about boring, it isn't something that is easily avoidable. The quests are pretty linear, and many of us have played the game and read fics to the point we can recite dialogue from memory. What draws people to a story is the characters. And you've got two great OC'S and have the Canon cast on point.
Tom-Ato13 chapter 12 . 5/3/2014
As an older brother I can sympathize with Mickey being a bit protective of Caroline.

Okay chapter, at the least Caroline has something of a plan in order. Still ducking Benny though, how long will she avoid that confrontation. House isn't a patient man, but it isn't like he'll be alive for long. Lots to do still for Caroline.

Have you given any thought to covering the DLC?
Tom-Ato13 chapter 11 . 4/20/2014
It's always nice to find a hidden gem in the muck of fanfiction.

A very interesting way to go about it too. Constant POV switching keeps things interesting. Six/Caroline is so far a decently written Courier, though most of the quests have been skipped entirely or glossed over, which sort of stunts her potential growth. The quests and whatnot help not only flesh out her character, but also help establish the rapport necessary to delve into a Boone/Courier romance. I'd have thrown in establishing her past but the inclusion of someone who knew her before helps mitigate that. Mickey is great. I like him more than Caroline, though the fact he is a full OC may be the thing that tips the scales in his favor. While Courier's are OC as well, they almost always follow the same basic build, largely due to the game itself.

So far all the Canon characters have been spot on. This is always a challenge for authors as I tend to see many not be able to keep them IC. Especially Boone, and establishing a romance with him. I have always believed he would never start something new before he confronted his demons at Bitter Springs. Just the fact that you have to storm The Fort and kill Caesar to get a few points for that quest tell me that, along with his responses before that. He always tells you to keep your distance, that the only thing he deserves is death. After you do his quest he does get more upbeat...well, not totally suicidal anyway. But back to my main point, while nothing has truly been mentioned so far in terms of Caroline/Boone romance, you plan on it eventually I'm assuming. I guess I'm just saying to not rush it.

Grammar for the most part is on point, though a few errors do appear here and there. Nothing a beta couldn't catch, and nothing that really makes the story unreadable. Hmm...I think that is all I got to say. OH, almost forgot. You asked about lemons in an earlier chapter. While I personally have no problems with them, there are people who will not read a story if it does have them. Especially M/M scenes. I also feel they wouldn't really add anything to the story really, in terms of actual plot stuff. Really the only significant sexual liaison would be Caroline and Boone's first time, as it would solidify Boone moving on from his past. With that said, I would not detail them in this story. Though you could upload them separately if you wish.
Guest chapter 9 . 3/30/2014
I love this story so much! Arcade's sass is perfect. And I wanna put my vote in for explicit. Or maybe having naughty versions of relavenr chapter posted on ao3 cause ff gets funny about the nc17 stuff.
darkvirus510 chapter 8 . 3/23/2014
Keep up the awesome story