Reviews for Silver Bands
Wulf chapter 1 . 4/2/2015
Thor's explanation of "No means no" is literally the best description of it, ever.
stripedshortie chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
This is so heartbreaking, but the ending is bittersweet. You have an incredible talent.
greenwings33 chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Awe(':
Diadorim chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Beautiful! I loved Thor protecting Loki, and how he gives Loki the right choices over his body. This is how it should be!
ChickaDelSol chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Oh my gosh!
I cried so much I was happy to be alone when I was reading this incredible OS! It was so sad but still so beautiful! You did great with making us feel what Loki and Thor feel! Seriously, I really liked your story and your writing style. So thank you for sharing this with us,
Marilou
SeveRemus chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Bravo! If only it were that easy to wipe away memories...
Isabella chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I think I cried a little ;-;
jai parker chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
You should make this part of a series. I loved the idea, would love to back story to this story and events occuring after this story. There is so much potential soryline. How did Ranarok happen? How did Thor and Loki get married? How did Loki get banished and to where? How was he freed? How did he and Thor get to Stark Tower and iif Loki was a slave for over a centry how in the world are the Avengers still alive?
phoenixreal chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Tears! Beautiful!
crimson-eyes25 chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
I really loved this story I thought it was interesting and well written I hope you dicide to write more stories like this!
pallyndrome chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Amazing (and emotional) story :)
Kayliana chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Hey, you posted it-yay! XD And thank you for the beta credit :)
... Well, I already shared my thoughts on this one, but I might as well put them in a review as well. Get it on the record, lol :) And yes, I'm copy/pasting becasue I'm lazy :P

This story is angsty as hell, but also great because of the point you're making with it, that Thor would not rape Loki. Ever. Period. Rape fics and rape-as-backstory plot devices generally irk the shit out of me. And especially in a pairing like Thor/Loki, where millenia of familial bonds and a nearly-codependent attachment to each other are the backbone of their canon. Dub-con I can go with, depending on the pairing and the specific situation, but straight-up non-con bothers me immensely, especially when it's portrayed like it's supposed to be sexy. No thanks.

Anyway, specifics: I wasn't confused or anything about the back story / flashback nightmare, and it's fine that we don't get a ton of detail about the exact hows and whys of Loki ending up being tortured and imprisoned, because it's incidental to the story's present and to the point.
I love Thor being so protective and understanding, and I love that he starts off all "I didn't think we even needed to mention this, but ... no, that'd never happen." because it's kind of what I say in my head to the fandom in general whenever I see rape tags/warnings in Thorki fic summaries... Also, the emotion in this is very powerful (freaking heartbreaking, when he looks up and sees Thor and thinks he's saved) and the story holds together well as a oneshot, and makes its point very clearly.

...Oh, and hey, since I'm here I might as well ask... would you mind if I use a line from the end of your fic "Death" in one of my B/J haikus? I have a bunch of them that have been sitting around forever, and I figured I might as well post them. I wanted to get the okay first though, before using one of your lines. Let me know ;)

LOVE YOU! JJJJJJJ33333J3J3J3