Reviews for Salam
Mechabeira chapter 30 . 6/23
Sorry for the lack of log-in-I just reread this whole story on airplanes between corners of the country. And I cried again; so much loss, but so much potential and everyone sees it.
Thank you. Xo
DeepBlueJoy chapter 30 . 11/30/2015
What they both need... someone who stays.

Beautiful.

Thank you.

Blue
DeepBlueJoy chapter 29 . 11/30/2015
A good story can take you through your own life as well as connect you with others. I'm glad this happened here. I'm not surprised, however. Writing saved me over and over during nursing school... it kept me sane. Stories helped me heal when I felt broken and helped me process things I didn't know I needed to process. And yes, writing fanfic has also made me a better writer.

This is a worthy story. One that really is full of hope and healing... because it is full of realness. It faces the darkness, but it doesn't dwell there... and so it's like fresh air for the heart and for the soul.

Thank you so much for sharing such a rich world with us. I don't know if you speak Arabic or have familiarity with Iraq or Syria, but it reads that way. You've done your job well.

I've been enthralled in the hours I've spent in your world. Now, I have to find something else of yours to read. I look forward to that.

I wish you the best in your teaching. I think your students are very lucky.

Peace,

DeepBlueJoy
Twisting the Hellmouth
DeepBlueJoy chapter 28 . 11/30/2015
When your life gets completely rewritten, trust in anything at all is hard. You already know the truth. There is no guarantee that even the ones you love most of all and who treasure you will stay... sometimes they aren't given a choice. Grief is about missing... but grieving... that is about learning to live with the reality that your most precious can be snatched and learning to love - choosing to love - again anyway.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 27 . 11/30/2015
Slowly, she lets herself be enfolded by family.

Slowly, she lets herself be enfolded by family.

She is Sana.

She is Ziva.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 26 . 11/30/2015
family. they are beautiful.

'you can all get married later - dinner's ready now' :-) I love it!
DeepBlueJoy chapter 25 . 11/30/2015
Always! ;-) lovely.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 24 . 11/30/2015
I think the word you're looking for is 'gamut' not 'gamete' which is another word all together... unless there's something I'm not getting...
DeepBlueJoy chapter 22 . 11/29/2015
Good on Tony! Practicing his Arabic.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 21 . 11/29/2015
Beautiful. Beautiful insights. Beautifully written. Just in case no one's said that. I probably know a little bit about writing. ;-)

DeepBlueJoy.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 20 . 11/29/2015
NOT where she wants to be again... but she needs to make peace with the fact she IS and will always be a warrior. A warrior cannot back down and become UN-warrior. It is what makes you strong... IF you can make peace with the blood that comes with this.

Gibbs is an example. He's 'tamed' himself by working for NCIS, but he never forgets that fundamentally, he's a killer when he needs to be. Mike had that in him to the end. It's why he chose to go out in a fight. Ziva cannot NOT be a killer... and I use that with care. I don't believe that it is always bad. Someone has to take that warrior role... not as a murderer or even an executioner, but as someone who stops the bad... or at least holds some of it at bay. And once you become one of those people, you cannot go back. You cannot become a nice suburban kitty once you've been a lion.

Peace can only come by INTEGRATING both parts of her psyche... the peace maker and the peace keeper. She remains a warrior even without her gun.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 19 . 11/28/2015
God be with them!
DeepBlueJoy chapter 17 . 11/28/2015
beautiful... now Tony's a daddy... :-)
DeepBlueJoy chapter 16 . 11/28/2015
family indeed. With family like them, Sana's off to a good head start and doesn't even know it yet... now, we just have to hope things stay safe in Doniz... and of course, with parents lying dead in the desert... well, there's no death paperwork for that, is there?
DeepBlueJoy chapter 15 . 11/28/2015
and I breathe a sigh of... relief bordering on contentment...