Reviews for Salam
smithknk1 chapter 30 . 5/17
What a beautiful story! I loved Sana's character and how she and Ziva were together. What an example of unselfish love!
ttalis chapter 1 . 4/14
So, I’ve had this story bookmarked for weeks now and I finally found the time to start reading it! I cannot believe I haven’t read it sooner (or any of your works for that matter) because they are amazing! I just finished the first chapter and consider me intrigued. I have no idea what to expect from the following – what, thirty? – chapters, and I can’t wait!

I love how you portray Ziva, her strength, her determination, her care for the children, the way she interacts with the people, the bets that she wins, her wanting to be anonymous. It all fits so well together, and your vocabulary is stunning! And you describe the language difficulties beautifully! (Gray is such a vivid character, and I love him very much! He’s going to die, isn’t he?) “You say some strange things sometimes.” I snorted. What a fantastic line, and later he swore in Arabic, it was beautiful.

I cannot wait to continue reading in the morning; I’m curious what happens when they look for the family! Again, I cannot believe I’ve waited so long to read this, especially because I have heard so many great things about this story!
Mari83 chapter 30 . 4/10
Amazing story, great plot line and so well executed! I can totally see Ziva trying to atone for her past in the desert, with refugees (and btw, another thing I liked about your story is that you focused on the human misery created instead of the short, Hollywood-whitewashed scenery pseudo-middle east the show gives us usually).

Love the Tiva romance, but just as much love how this is a team story, giving justice to every character, including the new ones, Bishop and Delilah that usually don’t feature favorably in Tiva stories.

Thanks for posting!
Aksannyi chapter 30 . 4/5
Okay well, for the final review now. Because that was a rollercoaster of emotions and I'm not okay quite yet (and I need a moment. Or forty).

This was a journey from start to finish. I didn't even know what I was getting myself into. I still hate PPF. But if I could imagine that this is how it really happened, in the end, well I suppose it's not so bad anymore. I cannot wait to see more from you, when something strikes your fancy.
Aksannyi chapter 24 . 4/5
SHE CALLED ZIVA MOM! Okay not to her face but. ! You are KILLING ME (and that's what my earlier review said, I noticed that ffnet apparently filtered the spaced-out letters. Whoops).

Do you realize I have two homework assignments due today and I cannot put this fic down? I am so glad I remembered to read it. Really. I don't know how your readers waited for the next installment, when I get to just click on through. Anyway I'm rambling. Onward, I go, to have my heart crushed and my soul devoured some more!
Aksannyi chapter 23 . 4/5
Yes. This is how the "I love you" should be. Simple, not a huge declaration with angels singing. Just there. Just part of the moment. Perfect. So, so perfect.
Aksannyi chapter 22 . 4/5
Okay lord almighty that reunion scene hit me with the force of a thousand mile per hour wind and knocked me flat on my ass. It reminded me of all those videos of soldiers who come home from deployment and surprise their families and everyone cries (especially me!) and ... you have done this so well. So, so, well. My heart. That is all.
Aksannyi chapter 17 . 4/5
You ar me. Okay?

I'm not even sorry for spamming your inbox with these reviews. You deserve it.
Aksannyi chapter 15 . 4/5
Oh. Okay. Tears. Thanks.

(sorry I can't think of anything better to say. be glad I am not keyboard mashing)
Aksannyi chapter 13 . 4/5
Okay I'm loving this so far. I was going to review after the last chapter, but here is just as good as any.

I really love the way you've written the interactions with everyone. I love that Ziva doesn't hate Bishop, or resent her for taking her place. That's what happens at jobs when you leave. Someone else fills in. It's different and changed and (arguably) not as good, but things don't stop because you leave. It's important that Ziva recognized that and didn't hold any ill-will toward her. I've always thought they could have a tentative friendship of some sort, although I know next to nothing about Bishop.

I also love the early interactions with Delilah. Another character I'm pretty much unfamiliar with, I love the way they bond over the food, food that was supposed to be meant for Tim. That's such an NCIS thing to do! I also have always felt that, had Ziva still been around, she and Delilah would have been great friends.

OH. And then Abby. It's not a secret that I can't stand that woman anymore, right? Everyone knows that? So When I read her reaction, pouting like a child and being all like "YOU CAN'T COME IN AND PLAY WITH ME" I literally rolled my eyes. Seriously. Like, I was completely exasperated by her. Like just stop, woman, you're 45 or something, grow out of it already. Some day, I want Ziva (anywhere, in fic or on the show) to ask herself why she's even friends with this woman.

So now that I've talked just about the last two chapters, I have to say, I'm loving this so far. Ziva's intense love and devotion to Sana is making my heart hurt. I'm a parent. I know those feels. And when Ziva gets anxious over her well-being, so do I. (That's a gift, by the way - making us feel what the characters feel. You've done this incredibly well.) I'm anxious to see what happens when Tony finds out that Ziva plans to adopt her. Is he going to be angry that she kept it from him? (Probably.) Is he going to be happy that she's found purpose in her life? (Probably not right away, but yes, I think so.) Is he going to want to be a father figure? (This is fic, so my instincts say probably, but I also have no qualms at all if Tony is like ... wait what? I can't do this. Not yet. I'm not ready. Because that is so perfectly Tony. And it will be okay for him, to need some time to grow into it, if he eventually does want it.) These are things I need to know, and of course, I am sure they will all be resolved as I continue reading.

In the end, I am not worried about Tiva. They'll be together. Isn't that weird? I automatically know that, no matter how it's written or why, they will find each other. I just can't wait to see the road they take to get there.

I doubt this will be my only review on this, but I just wanted to let you know so far, I'm loving this. I'm taking it all in chunks, so I can take my time and enjoy it (and decompress from the feels), but I'm so happy to have such a great piece of fic to read.
j09tiva chapter 30 . 3/20
Took me a day to finished reading, loved it.

Sana was Ziva's 2nd chance... Hope to see more of your work
Thank you for writing this beautiful story.
Syl chapter 30 . 3/2
I loved your story. Very well written and it didn't leave me hanging, but you left room for a sequel. Please write more longer stories.
half agony and hope chapter 30 . 2/22
I absolutely loved this story. I was astounded by your ability to capture each character's unique voice; in particular, I think you wrote Gibbs really well (which is extremely difficult to do in my opinion because of how complicated and nuanced his personality is). Also, I was really impressed by your attention to detail. All the little cultural things you put in (phrases in Arabic, for example) definitely brought this story to NCIS epic status. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tale, and I hope to read many more of your stories!
Mathou N chapter 30 . 2/8
Thank you so, so much.
Salam is one of the best stories I've ever read, and I must admit that I waited a day before reading the epilogue because I didn't want it to end. It was more than beautiful, extremely fair towards the characters (especially Ziva, you write her so well. And Sana, I could imaginr her so easily), impressive by your researches about the Arabic language and the refugees' situation in the camps, and it made me cry or made my chest tighten with happiness more than once. There are so many other things I'd like to say, but my phone won't cooperate. Just one thing : your writing skills are too high for me to understand absolutely everything... so I guess I'lI need to reread it soon ;)

Thanks again, and please feel free to write other masterpieces as soon as you can :)