Reviews for Salam
libs1709 chapter 30 . 6/14
Excellent story which reduced me to tears many times. I would have loved a little more of Sana in America and being the romantic that I am more TIVA and Tony being daddy. Beautiful writing.
AlaskanFan chapter 30 . 4/6
WOW - what an epic and touching story. I really like your thinking - character development, plausible behavior, compelling events, relationship dynamics. Of course, the TIVA angle is terrific, but the Gibbs/Tony interaction was quite good as well, and the Gibbs/Ziva dynamic was wonderful.

Thank you for the hours and hours of hard work - writing and researching and problem solving. This is a lovely tale.
aka-elsie-snuffin chapter 30 . 11/12/2016
Well. What a lovely little journey you crafted for our Ziva. Much better than what actually happened- though I still hold on to hope that they will tell us that she is still alive and has reunited with Tony and Tali. In any case, thank you so much for writing this!
aka-elsie-snuffin chapter 22 . 11/9/2016
Oh this is the happiness I needed after a night of election madness and a sick child!
aka-elsie-snuffin chapter 20 . 11/8/2016
Ack! This is getting stressful!
aka-elsie-snuffin chapter 19 . 11/7/2016
Wow, that was a pretty dense chapter, going into detail about the Syrian war. Great job! In law school, I wrote a research paper on that very topic, so I like to think I know a little about it. i can't read this fast enough.
aka-elsie-snuffin chapter 16 . 11/7/2016
I love the whole team rallying behind Ziva. This is Tiva for sure, and Ziva-centric, but it's also a love letter to the whole NCIS family. I'm guessing we'll never see all of them together again, so this story is extra nice.
aka-elsie-snuffin chapter 12 . 11/7/2016
Okay, I am loving this! I always thought Ziva would do refugee work to repent, too - she seemed extra interested in any NCIS case involving refugees.

I really like the subtle but gentle way you're handling the reunion with Tony. Can't wait to read more.
Laura1978 chapter 30 . 10/19/2016
I know you finished this story a year ago, but I wanted to say how perfect it is. I've always thought that Ziva seeking redemption through refugee work was the most likely path for the character, and you have balanced the plot, the characters and the grim reality of the refugee situation so very well.
Mechabeira chapter 30 . 6/23/2016
Sorry for the lack of log-in-I just reread this whole story on airplanes between corners of the country. And I cried again; so much loss, but so much potential and everyone sees it.
Thank you. Xo
DeepBlueJoy chapter 30 . 11/30/2015
What they both need... someone who stays.

Beautiful.

Thank you.

Blue
DeepBlueJoy chapter 29 . 11/30/2015
A good story can take you through your own life as well as connect you with others. I'm glad this happened here. I'm not surprised, however. Writing saved me over and over during nursing school... it kept me sane. Stories helped me heal when I felt broken and helped me process things I didn't know I needed to process. And yes, writing fanfic has also made me a better writer.

This is a worthy story. One that really is full of hope and healing... because it is full of realness. It faces the darkness, but it doesn't dwell there... and so it's like fresh air for the heart and for the soul.

Thank you so much for sharing such a rich world with us. I don't know if you speak Arabic or have familiarity with Iraq or Syria, but it reads that way. You've done your job well.

I've been enthralled in the hours I've spent in your world. Now, I have to find something else of yours to read. I look forward to that.

I wish you the best in your teaching. I think your students are very lucky.

Peace,

DeepBlueJoy
Twisting the Hellmouth
DeepBlueJoy chapter 28 . 11/30/2015
When your life gets completely rewritten, trust in anything at all is hard. You already know the truth. There is no guarantee that even the ones you love most of all and who treasure you will stay... sometimes they aren't given a choice. Grief is about missing... but grieving... that is about learning to live with the reality that your most precious can be snatched and learning to love - choosing to love - again anyway.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 27 . 11/30/2015
Slowly, she lets herself be enfolded by family.

Slowly, she lets herself be enfolded by family.

She is Sana.

She is Ziva.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 26 . 11/30/2015
family. they are beautiful.

'you can all get married later - dinner's ready now' :-) I love it!