Reviews for The Golden Ratio
catbob1 chapter 1 . 10/12
Not your usual. No comedy. Great story. Loved the peek into Jim's head and Spock's reaction to it. Always love Bones ability to be so sweet and soft when needed and so grumpy the rest of the time. Thanks for the story.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 6/8
irezel chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
wow this is adorable...:D
annual123 chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
You write Bones so well! Great sick!Jim fic!
Wise-wren-owl chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
This was so good! Just the perfect measure between full movie cannon and my own head-cannon.
PrayerGirl chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Okay this was so sweet! Great job keeping them all in character!
Thousandsmiles chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Aww. Nice.
Elysea chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
This was lovely written.

I have never thought about the Kobayashi Maru this way, what it must have meant to Kirk ('reckless brat' was my inner thought at that time actually) and chances are I'd have never reached this point of view on my own if I hadn't found your story. It makes perfect sense and I like how you took the time to explain it and not just, for example, turn McCoy's rage-mode on and make him confront Spock about his attitude and spill it all on his face (Leonard is my favourite character and I think you managed him very well).

Honestly, great story. I love it.
Silfrvarg chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Love this, love Jim's reactions to the test that pretty much tells him 'your going to get everyone killed no matter how hard you try' and I love Spock's realization that maybe his unbeatable test did more damage than he had considered.
summerartist chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Oh my gosh, this is fantastic headcanon. It makes sense in so many ways. This was a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Janara chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Wonderful story. Loved the reactions of both Spock and McCoy. The emotions ran deep and felt true. I loved it.
GSFan01 chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Sweet, such good buddies...nice story. Hope the blob grows up to have good guy friends. And now back to "Acceptable Losses" right?!
SiriusDancer chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Aww I liked this. The part in Genesis that talked about the Maru was one of my favorites so this oneshot was awesome. Thanks
stars90 chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Nice, sweet idea
Warrior717 chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
This was great. I found it very insightful, and I always had a feeling Jim was so adamant in passing the Kobayashi Maru because of reasons having to do with his father. His "ego" was simply his cover-up for all the pain and loss he felt, and so when Spock said what he did at the trial about Jim's father, it was not only a low blow, but I feel like it hurt Jim in more ways than one.

Its’ wonderful to see how close these two characters have become since then in their transformation. I think that’s' what makes their friendship so authentic. They're two sides of the same coin, really complete opposites, and yet they complement each other. Its' a beautiful friendship with Kirk and Spock alone, but when you throw McCoy into the mix, you've got a three-way friendship that’s' simply EPIC. :)