Reviews for Soulbound
Mew Shadowfang chapter 15 . 3/6
Finally done. This was AMAZING. Despite being AU-ish in what is basically a novelization (some things contradict with what we know from the show now, then there's the obvious Ruby-nearly-died) Masterfully written, the addition of a new magical aspect actually explained some of the things in show instead of further confusing it, just AMAZING. I'm surprised this doesn't have over 1000 of anything, unless it's because of writing some stuff from complete imagination (The Renora was far deeper in canon). Regardless, this story earns a favorite. Would read again!
Kilometers chapter 15 . 3/2
I have been enjoying the few good "novelizations" I have been able to find, as I too long for so much more of the off screens/in betweens to fill in and flush out the characters, their relationships and their experiences.

But then I found THIS. So much incredibly thoughtful and insightful detail, and an uncanny amount of still relatively potentially canonical content (post-V4) save for a few obvious things (Renora backstory) but even those original ideas didn't end up influencing the novelization to the point of breaking the canonical feel of the story.

This was the filler I was looking for and so much more, and it blows my mind that you were able to create this BEFORE V2. Thank you for these beautiful additions to my headcanon :)

I could take or leave the romance when it comes to White Rose but I do love their dynamic nonetheless and I think you explored it wonderfully. As for Bumbleby... nailed it! Your portrayal of Blake and Yang were spectacular given how little we had to go off of in Volume 1 (at least in terms of backstory). I can tell you thought carefully about every moment of screen time (and commentary) that we had to work with. I wasn't even on the Bumbleby ship until post-V3, so that you saw the potential that early is so cool. Coming from a post-V4 perspective I of course was longing for a lot more but that's not your fault and what was there was amazing :)

In a perfect world all 12 Volumes would be out and someone would have written a novelization of the whole thing just like this, filling in all the gaps and offering the odd enhancement here and there. But I guess we have a while before that happens. In the meantime... *gasps* Look how much you've written! Guess I've got a lot of reading ahead of me.
xNaruHina chapter 1 . 2/2
Can we get less Blake/Adam and more Team RWBY and Blake/Yang?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 15 . 12/20/2016
Paper used to avoid unauthorized access to digital copies of sensitive information, huh? Funny that this minor detail is one of the most important things different in canon.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 12 . 12/19/2016
Well, this chapter has the biggest divergence from canon so far! Even if Ruby's not permanently dead for whatever reason.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 11 . 12/19/2016
You don't need enhanced hearing to be able to identify people just by the sound of their voice!
Cool, you made Ruby actually do something useful in that fight!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 9 . 12/19/2016
This is why Oobleck is best teacher. Even if a lot of what you've written has clearly become non-canon, Yang's conversation with Oobleck is firmly in my headcanon now. If you wrote this before the Mountain Glenn episodes, then I'm even more impressed with how well you captured his character, but even if you didn't, good job.
I hope you aren't ignoring Sun. I'm not a Blake/Sun shipper, but I still think Blake's story would be diminished without Sun.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 12/19/2016
At the very least, I hope Yang realized Blake was talking about herself. It was pretty obvious.
NightLocker chapter 6 . 12/19/2016
Amazingly well written, even your AN. I really enjoy them actually especially since you dont make three alter egos to talk to its just you and your brain.
AgentDraakis chapter 15 . 10/26/2016
Wow...just...wow. The way you capture emotions and the mental struggles they endured, as well as the descriptions...

I freely admit, there were multiple times I teared up during my time reading this (I couldn't help it, I binge-read it in one afternoon). I am currently trying to do the same thing you did so well here, and I am afraid that my attempt will fall woefully short of the standard that you just set. I swear, the next chapter I write will contain more than a nod to you in the author's note as now anything I put in will be heavily influenced by this story.

I especially like how you brought about the bonds with JNPR. Great groundwork for eventual ships. Also on that note, the FINALLY moment for Bumblebee at the end...Truly enjoyable. Whiterose, maybe?

I wholeheartedly support the petition that this story continue. If it has and I haven't found it yet, then I look forward to finding it.
Jay aka Jordan chapter 15 . 9/1/2016
This whole story is whoa
Anbu-Nightfury chapter 15 . 9/1/2016
Beautifully done. Thank you for this.
Ashes chapter 15 . 8/21/2016
What can I say about this fic, but wow? The relationship between the various pairings is perfect. And the handling of the actual soulbonding, and all it's issues, is damned interesting. I came back to re-read this, and I discovered that there's a sequel now too, so there goes my evening
HitmanPAC chapter 1 . 6/8/2016
I haven't even finished this chapter, and I can see that it's well written. However, there is a major flaw here:

I was guided to this by tvtropes, which is why I gave it a chance. However, I had already passed it over several times previously. The reason? I assumed 'Universe Altercation' in the description was a typo.

I dont know if it is or isn't. But I passed this story over because I assumed it was; how many others have done the same?

In short, you need to fix your description.
TacoKing23 chapter 8 . 5/5/2016
Okay, picky detail I noticed. In a previous chapter, you pointed out that Ruby uses gravity rounds to increase the recoil of Crescent Rose, so she can use it to propel herself around. In this chapter, you mention that she has a muzzle brake that she uses on CR. Muzzle brakes are specifically used to reduce the recoil of a firearm. It seems pretty counterintuitive to have one, considering the reason she uses the rounds she uses.

Again, just a picky point.