Reviews for Soulbound
helenGet chapter 15 . 12/2/2017
i love it hope for more
Lillihope chapter 15 . 11/4/2017
Every time I read this I absolutely adore it. Thank you so much for taking the time to write something that has brought me so much happiness.
MySpl33n chapter 15 . 8/25/2017
I really enjoyed this. Having the characters expanded on so much makes me really happy. There were a couple moments I was really not happy with your choices but your reasons for them made it work out.
Anlanther chapter 1 . 7/7/2017
I really do like the content, but gosh! There's A LOT of detail. So much that at some points I found it to be excessive! I'm sure you can still convey your message in your chapters even after taking away most of your detail (since quite a lot of it just went back and forth at things we as the audience were able to figure out earlier). Remember, the amount of detail you use can influence the pacing of your story, mood and our overall enjoyment. Some of your detail just added too much drama to the whole situation.

But, eh, it might just be me. Anyway, wish you luck in writing the rest of this story. Hope this comment can give you a new insight into your writing style :)
Brah chapter 4 . 6/30/2017
Y'know it's funny re-reading this after watching Volume 4 and learning that Menagerie is actually a pretty awesome place...although it's quite crowded.

Although I guess it could be called a wasteland since most of it is uninhabitable desert...
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 15 . 6/26/2017
cool fanfic
Evranakus chapter 15 . 6/5/2017
That feel when your favorite white rose story is actually a bumblebee...

Well anyways, I just wanted to toss my two cents in. I know this is a "novelization" type story, but I personally found the first half of this, well, a bit slow. I enjoyed the take on backstory, that was quite interesting. But, not really a huge fan of copy-pasting scenes from the show. I've seen those, so I don't really understand the idea of re-enacting them verbatim.

But still, you finished very strong. The last few chapters, in particular, were quite good. Much appreciated.
Mew Shadowfang chapter 15 . 3/6/2017
Finally done. This was AMAZING. Despite being AU-ish in what is basically a novelization (some things contradict with what we know from the show now, then there's the obvious Ruby-nearly-died) Masterfully written, the addition of a new magical aspect actually explained some of the things in show instead of further confusing it, just AMAZING. I'm surprised this doesn't have over 1000 of anything, unless it's because of writing some stuff from complete imagination (The Renora was far deeper in canon). Regardless, this story earns a favorite. Would read again!
Kilometers chapter 15 . 3/2/2017
I have been enjoying the few good "novelizations" I have been able to find, as I too long for so much more of the off screens/in betweens to fill in and flush out the characters, their relationships and their experiences.

But then I found THIS. So much incredibly thoughtful and insightful detail, and an uncanny amount of still relatively potentially canonical content (post-V4) save for a few obvious things (Renora backstory) but even those original ideas didn't end up influencing the novelization to the point of breaking the canonical feel of the story.

This was the filler I was looking for and so much more, and it blows my mind that you were able to create this BEFORE V2. Thank you for these beautiful additions to my headcanon :)

I could take or leave the romance when it comes to White Rose but I do love their dynamic nonetheless and I think you explored it wonderfully. As for Bumbleby... nailed it! Your portrayal of Blake and Yang were spectacular given how little we had to go off of in Volume 1 (at least in terms of backstory). I can tell you thought carefully about every moment of screen time (and commentary) that we had to work with. I wasn't even on the Bumbleby ship until post-V3, so that you saw the potential that early is so cool. Coming from a post-V4 perspective I of course was longing for a lot more but that's not your fault and what was there was amazing :)

In a perfect world all 12 Volumes would be out and someone would have written a novelization of the whole thing just like this, filling in all the gaps and offering the odd enhancement here and there. But I guess we have a while before that happens. In the meantime... *gasps* Look how much you've written! Guess I've got a lot of reading ahead of me.
xNaruHina chapter 1 . 2/2/2017
Can we get less Blake/Adam and more Team RWBY and Blake/Yang?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 15 . 12/20/2016
Paper used to avoid unauthorized access to digital copies of sensitive information, huh? Funny that this minor detail is one of the most important things different in canon.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 12 . 12/19/2016
Well, this chapter has the biggest divergence from canon so far! Even if Ruby's not permanently dead for whatever reason.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 11 . 12/19/2016
You don't need enhanced hearing to be able to identify people just by the sound of their voice!
Cool, you made Ruby actually do something useful in that fight!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 9 . 12/19/2016
This is why Oobleck is best teacher. Even if a lot of what you've written has clearly become non-canon, Yang's conversation with Oobleck is firmly in my headcanon now. If you wrote this before the Mountain Glenn episodes, then I'm even more impressed with how well you captured his character, but even if you didn't, good job.
I hope you aren't ignoring Sun. I'm not a Blake/Sun shipper, but I still think Blake's story would be diminished without Sun.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 12/19/2016
At the very least, I hope Yang realized Blake was talking about herself. It was pretty obvious.