Reviews for Soulbound
AD Lewis chapter 15 . 11/9
Almost read the sequel before this - glad I stopped myself from doing that as this was an awesome read! :)
5 Coloured Walker chapter 15 . 11/3
This is a great story, lots of heavy hits to the feels and a couple of aww moments, and the [Huge.] AN's make for a nice bit of amusement.

I look forward to catching up.
Lina esrevnI chapter 4 . 10/21
because they added her to the team
the entire time I was reading this
I couldn't stop thinking of bad puns to describe their new team
like, now their team is a five carrot ruby

V RWBY V means five and jewels are measured in Kerets
it was terrible
Robby the Cyber Warrior chapter 15 . 9/22
I love this story sooo much. It's not only one of the best written fics I've ever read, it's one of the best written pieces of literature I've ever read. I am favoriting this and looking through what else you've written to read more. I'm excited to read more from you, because you are truly an incredible writer.
Robby the Cyber Warrior chapter 3 . 9/4
I love your author's notes.
Bill Gopher chapter 15 . 8/20
Okay, I really really loved this.
Now to a few thoughts; one; the extra insights for Weiss and Blake really added so much more. Two; Jaune, Pyrrha, Ren, Nora, seriously liked those bits. Three; climax fight with Yang, Blake, Penny and Sun was a nice switch off canon. Four; ch12 -14 just so rocked on an emotional lvl, but my favorites were Weiss and Ruby in the hospital and Blake after looking in on Weiss there, with that setting up Reflections so very very well.
Only one minor complaint was I felt a bit overwhelmed by so much Blake in the middle chapters. I know there was a lot to tell with her.
Okay, sorry for this being longer, tried keeping it shorter.
I'mVeryAngryIt'sNotButter chapter 15 . 8/12
Awesome bro. Oddly enough, my favorite part was with Ren and Nora after Yang got done talking with him. Something about that short little exchange seriously brought out my happy. Anyway, amazing story. Definitely in my top 5.
Illusionary Sage chapter 15 . 7/26
Well, i can honestly say there's about 4 other authors on this whole site, who have captivated me and drawn me into the work of art that their words have created, i thank you for adding a 5th to that list. I've read HUNDREDS of stories, probably creeping up into the thousands given the fact I've been reading from this site for 5 years, (didnt make an account till a year after i found it.) and out of all those stories, this one stands out to me like only one other has, that being 'An Uzumaki Amongst the Dunes', By Pudgypudge, this story reached out to pull heart strings like very few do on this site, but thats not to say other stories arn't good, just not quite the diamond that i have discovered in this, i hope to read more of your work soon,

The Illusionary Sage
thebluninja chapter 15 . 7/6
"You just happened to stand out more." - It was the cleavage window, wasn't it?

"And at every rally, for every boycott, I was there to prove that we were just as equal as humans." - See, now this *really* makes me want to know, where the hell were her parents? School, home, the whole bit?

"her interactions with Ozpin were at the bare minimum " - Reminds me of some school administrators I've had in my career. Usually the ones who get out and talk to the students make for much better leaders.

"I only know what I care about," - Oh, I *highly* doubt that. I'd wager that Ozpin *knows* a *great* deal more then he's letting on. But it's not important to him if Blake used to be White Fang so long as she's renounced it and embraced becoming a Huntress. Or at least that's my guess.

D'awww, she does purr, how cute. Though that makes me wonder how twisted her vocal chords are.

"Questionable business practices aside, it was amazing how, in only a couple generations, the SDC had grown to supply the entire world with Dust " - No, no asides - I'd bet money that those questionable business practices are a direct reason how it grew so large and so fast.

"with Weiss carefully scheduling and cataloguing each activity to provide the maximum amount of entertainment. " - She sounds like me at a geek convention. Only hopefully she'll be less disappointed with the panels.

"If they want me to believe it's white don't color it yellow and then say it's white!" - Honestly I figured it was gold, but in terms of who starts first then it would be the 'white' piece.

Nicely done. You made me go back and rewatch half of RWBY Volume 1 last night, and I'll rewatch the other half tonight. Now if only I had Volume 2 ... :(
thebluninja chapter 14 . 7/5
Huh. A little surprised to hear Blake trying to give helpful advice to Weiss. Not at all surprised to see W blowing her off, though.

... holy crap, when W was talking about hurting herself sewing, I didn't think she'd hurt herself that badly.

Lots of hugs. Hugs are good.
thebluninja chapter 13 . 7/5
"the faunus was going down rather than up, resulting in him skipping like a stone along several meters of the docks " - How many times did he bounce?

"I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of insults and threats against your life." - Oh, well, in that case! I'm sure we can come up with some insults.
thebluninja chapter 12 . 7/5
"that boot that kept the rifle pinned in place shot up and slammed into his chin, his consciousness leaving him once again." - Ouch, double concussion? That's likely to be fatal, whether Weiss intended it or not.

Honestly a little surprised here that Weiss can't kill them in cold blood.

"Yang Xiao Long has arrived, and she was pissed." - Go Yang!
thebluninja chapter 10 . 7/5
If Blake's spent her whole life with White Fang, who/where are her parents? I mean, that brings up some read FridgeHorror possibilities.

"Gunchuks then" - You ... wait, I don't remember, was this actually canon? Shotgun-chuks? Because I'm fairly sure that those, like the gatling bazooka, are strictly outlawed by Mr. Welch's List.

"but RWBY isn't a space opera…" - Stop tempting me with thoughts of a RWBY/MassEffect crossover!
thebluninja chapter 9 . 7/5
"you have my sincerest apologies and a promise that this will not happen again." - What? *sigh* no no no no no. Do not apologize for showing just but brutish, nasty, and downright evil people can be to each other. If it's justified by the plot and the characters, never apologize for writing it! Apologize for writing badly, apologize for writing stuff that didn't need to be in the book, but do not apologize for the tone you need for a scene out of your story.

"We fear because we hate and we hate because we fear." - Aww, here I was hoping for him to quote Yoda.

"the true heart of the war seemed so far away. She had thought history as just that: history." - History is only as far away as the thoughts of the people who remember it.

Hold on, if Blake has spent sixteen years *active* with White Fang, and then one year on her own, then how old *is* she? Unless she's mentally counting being taken along to rallies and protests as a baby.

"She wept for foolishly believing that she ever had the right to dream again." - I think Blake needs a read of the Chronicles of Amber. I think she'd like the character of Prince Corwin.

I don't have all the fancy material you do, but it makes me wonder if humans and faunus are interfertile ... if they have the same blood, same appearance barring the single animal part, then I would expect it's possible for a mixed couple to produce children, though possibly with a higher chance for birth defects.

"He wanted the switch to be done quietly." - Tsk tsk. You really need *both* groups - one violent, one non-violent, because then you have the example of those pushed too far, and the peaceful ones appear far more acceptable as a result.
thebluninja chapter 8 . 7/5
I'm a little surprised that Blake never retaliated with talking about the horrific, brutal racism that is visited on the Faunus by Schnee (among others). That would have been better than blurting out that she's White Fang. But I do find it incredibly amusing that all of Yang's (and Ruby's) thoughts are, "Oh gosh, she's a member of this terrorist group," but never once, "Oh gosh, she's not human!"