Reviews for One For Sorrow
tinkita chapter 32 . 9/5/2010
Great story!
Shadowhawke chapter 32 . 12/2/2008
Wow.

I can't believe you managed to do this but I felt so incredibly sorry for Riley at the end. It really was heartbreaking what he had to go through. And all of it... that scene between Dawn, Spike and Buffy was so powerful. I think the only thing I don't understand is how the merging of the Key and the evil thing went so well given that it was released before its time. Still, I have to say that you've got me itching to go onto the sequel even though it's so late where I am. Thanks again for a great read!
Shadowhawke chapter 31 . 12/2/2008
Oh... that was... the way you wrote that was so terrifying and painful and befitting the release of such great evil. Sam's death was horrifying and so sad, you really made me care so much for her in the short time that you gave her. Riley's desperation was heartbreaking even though I don't like the character very much. The Initiative's folly turning on them yet again... just... so sad.
Shadowhawke chapter 30 . 12/2/2008
Oh, I'm so glad that the rift is healing! That was wonderful to see them getting over their barriers and communicating. I love how you paint Dawn as so strong and in-your-face about Buffy and Spike's stupidities. Lovely work yet again.
Shadowhawke chapter 29 . 12/2/2008
Wow, this is so sad... I do hope Willow will be okay, it stings because it wasn't even her fault! And the rift between Spike and Buffy... can't wait to see what happens.
Shadowhawke chapter 28 . 12/2/2008
Oh... Dawn's version of the events was great, knowing what happened exactly with Willow. But I can't help but think it will be near impossible to breach the gulf between those two characters now, which is heartbreaking. Can't wait until the next one again! That was terrific, as always. :)
Shadowhawke chapter 27 . 12/2/2008
Oh... wow. That was incredible. Not only did we see Buffy standing up to Spike's misguided insights, Scary Willow coming back was frightening, but it was done so well and it was so sad when she started crying out for Tara... as always, your writing creeps up on me so powerfully.
Shadowhawke chapter 26 . 12/2/2008
Oh... Willow's 'strangeness' has really got me on edge, thanks for drawing out the suspense so deliciously. It's interesting to see that Clem too is attached to Dawn, and having the news broken to Dawn as opposed to more secrets is a great development too. Can't wait for more!
Shadowhawke chapter 25 . 12/2/2008
I like how you've fleshed out Sam here - she was only a means to an end in the series after all. You've really got me sympathising with her, even as the other part of me balks in horror knowing what they've uncovered. Sorry that these reviews are shorter now, it's just I can't wait to get to the end!
Shadowhawke chapter 24 . 12/2/2008
Geez, and yet another terrible situation .
Shadowhawke chapter 23 . 12/2/2008
Oh... that was one of the most poignant, heartbreaking chapters. I loved this so, so much. You really delved into each of their hurts and their growths. Spike's reaction with the swimming and the beach was poetically symbolic, and I love the last part as he slowly realises what's actually happened and the potential between him and Buffy. The hysterical laughter and the tears at the end was so touching and heartbreaking... needless to say, you've totally drawn me in yet again with your gentle, insightful writing. Beautiful. :)
Shadowhawke chapter 22 . 12/2/2008
Oh, that moment of vulneratbility and xplanation for Spike was touching. And heh, you're right. Spike is shameless, I can totally see him manipulating Dawn a little like that. Also, the growing closeness you're mentioning is interesting and a great part of what I enjoy about the Spuffy pairing. Another gem!
Shadowhawke chapter 21 . 12/2/2008
Wow... Riley is so messed up he makes Xander look much better. It's good to see that Xander's finally getting his head around things, that was done well. Riley's position on Buffy is a little scary though, I mean his thing with humans and demons is so black and white it can't bode well. But I like how Buffy's matured enough to tell the truth and how she's reacted to Riley's truth. I can't wait to see her try with Spike! Awesome work yet again, and although you've mentioned there have been complaints about the slow Spuffy, I think your development is great and needed. I think you're doing it right the way you're doing it - keeping it realistic and true to the characters. So great work, and thanks again for sharing!
Shadowhawke chapter 20 . 12/2/2008
Wow, I like how that came out. I really like the way you've done Sam; she truly is an innocent in all of this, it's Riley who should be blamed. And you did his reaction and the entire atmosphere of Buffy's anger really well too... I could almost feel the tension crackling around me. Another extraordinary chapter. :D
Shadowhawke chapter 19 . 12/2/2008
Ooh, the insight into Giles was well done. I like how you've delved into his pathos about being a Watcher, even when the truth is that he's made himself so much more than that. It's also good to see Spike being a little more accepted and that Dawn is all right. As always, loving your developments and looking forwards to reading the next chapter!