Reviews for My Dib
BlackAster chapter 1 . 3/13
This small story is really nice. And pretty interesting too, especially in some points. I'm not a fun of 1st person, if I have to be honestly, but I find that I enjoyed this little monologue. I think you nailed Zim's character pretty well, with his frustration, his mood swings and his obsession to deny even the most obvious things before, eventually, admitting the real state of things, even if never abandoning that thick reluctance only him is capable off.
Seeing him rambling about his current "complicated relationship" situation (the mention of the Facebook button was gold, btw) is something I can easily picture him doing. He's such a drama queen at times and so it's obvious that he would complain, loudly and extensively, about everything that irritates and confuses him about his bond with Dib. The same bond that changed not just his situation but him too, to an extent.
I also really enjoyed how he switches from insulting Dib, almost wanting to hurt and kill him, to admitting, at last, that he can't do that anymore, because his priorities have changed and because he has found something different from his mission to focus on. Something that makes him feel good and appreciated as he has never been. And understood too, even if a lot of things still puzzles him and even if he's still trying to learn how to move around their relationship and what it has made of him. Also there some points, like the kissing part and how much Zim apparently likes Dib's body heat, that are absolutely adorable. It's sweet...and it balances pretty well the death threats and the needs to tear the poor human apart. Also, I like how you made Zim say that he doesn't really want to kill Dib. That's something that, for how I see it, was established even in canon, since the two quickly develop a deep co-dependence even if they refuse to acknowledge it. If explored, that would open the doors to a lot of possibility and yours is one of them. It explains why, in spite of everything, Zim has accepted Dib's presence. He would have got bored before him before, and now he just can't live without him.
The idea behind the whole fic is interesting and it could be a very nice start for some more character study! And, since you mentioned it to me, the English isn't that terrible, especially since you said it's one of your first fics! You made a very good job!
spongygirl19 chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
That was nice :) but, you have a few grammar mistakes. "When did all this started" would sound better if it was something like "So, when did all of this start?" because started is past tense.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2015
*wipes tear from eye*
That... That was beautiful
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2015
So adorable.
Plague Mellon Collie chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
I'm dying. You're on my favourite list now. Bravo.
RandomSpaceCactus chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
You did Zims personality very well in this, loved it! :3
Isla-Robin-295 chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Awwww!
cupidity11 chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
It has really cute and good ideas in it. I loved how Dib was always in the way and the fact that he was always asking questions and using Zim to his own advantage for things like buying the milk. There were a few grammar and word errors. Your past tenses got mixed up. Like, 'I'd clung' when a better way of phrasing it would be 'I used to cling' but, it didn't really detract from your story so meh. Also, the dialogue felt a bit OOC sometimes. But, other than that, it's cute and I look forward to reading more from you. You'll only grow more as a writer! :D
Golden Tiger Eyes chapter 1 . 1/29/2014