Reviews for The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Kanto Arc
Distracteddisturber chapter 6 . 12/30/2020
I love how you made the battle chateau a learning experience for Ash and Serena them battling and losing instead of just automatically winning makes it so much more rewarding in the long run because while I do love stories where Ash is portrayed as super powerful it’s much better to see him fail and learn from his mistakes and grow from them. This story is really well written and I’m super excited to see what else it has in store for me not to mention it’s sequels!
Musical Dragon Rider chapter 61 . 12/19/2020
I was so fired up and I find out that Ash lost? I swore so loud my neighbors might have heard me from two houses away.

Paul has a point. Ash didn't really train his Pokemon in a different manner, it was more of refining their moves and coming up with different ways to use their moves. If Ash had trained similarly to Paul - with care and consideration of course, we all know Ash wouldn't treat his Pokemon like Paul - such as training their base stats of strength, speed, endurance then maybe Ash would stand a chance.
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 4 . 12/4/2020
This whole chapter is pretty much just canon. Skip.
GreyNimbus chapter 62 . 11/28/2020
I spent all week reading this story and I am extremely satisfied with how the Kanto arc concluded. I'm really looking forward to how you've written Ash's character development in the next arcs. Great job for writing such an amazing story.
ThunderbladeN chapter 62 . 9/12/2020
A fantastic story from fantasticLAguy. It's a tad bit on the slower side of things, but the character development is of epic proportions. I wouldn't say it's the best story I've read, but its certainly up there. 8.5/10. Would read again if I had time.
LegendaryMob chapter 14 . 8/31/2020
I don't like this chapter very much... Tad bit dramatic for a bunch of 10 yrs old.
Mazzax Manacry chapter 14 . 8/21/2020
I’m surprised that Ash & Serena didn’t share their clefairy & clefable Pokédex info with Leaf, or at least tell her that they’re there.
Also, your continued use of the word “it” when referencing Pokémon is really bothering me. I’m surviving, because it’s not the worst thing I’ve had to suffer through for the sake of a good story, but I do think this is the most visceral reaction I’ve had to a grammatical choice that, according to my dictionary, is maybe, technically, correct. I’m not convinced if it’s correct. It feels equivalent to me saying, in reference to my dog, “Olive wagged its tail” instead of “Olive wagged her tail”.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/2/2020
better than the actual anime,imo.
Tenjo chapter 5 . 6/10/2020
Not sure how I feel about that. You seem to want to follow realism as best you can, but the Team Rocket thing shits all over the laws of both our world, and the pokémon world. If a simple water gun from a low level Staryu was powerful enough to launch a group of pokémon AND people what I assume to be a good dozen metres, how does any pokémon last against a single good hit? Even if gas is flammable, it wouldn’t explode in such an open area. There’d be a huge burst of flame, but that’s about it and even if there WAS an explosion, it would mutilate and dismember their bodies before sending them flying, at most, a few metres. But you have them fly straight up through a roof and out of sight... if they didn’t die from the explosion, they should die from the fall. But they won’t, because you seem to like how the anime handles them. As iconic as it is, it’s stupid.
LiveMan chapter 62 . 6/3/2020
ok. here's my final review as of the end of kanto arc

this is a must read fanfic! the author takes the time to flesh out Ash's immaturity and naivety found in the anime and shows how ash slowly grows up. he doesnt just become a better trainer but a more mature individual overall. granted, he is 11 so the character development is quite slow, but it is also very rewarding when you see it to the end. I, for one, had an amazing time reading this arc and will begin reading the next arc immediately! Good work Mr. Author and I hope all the new readers have as much fun as I did and more when reading!
LiveMan chapter 59 . 6/3/2020
Good development. I just hope spoiler alert spoiler alert spoiler alert leaf and gary end up together. even though right now they are separated, I want them to not get a love interest while leaf is away. just my personal opinion...
LiveMan chapter 55 . 6/2/2020
I'm shipping Gary and Leaf so hard.
LiveMan chapter 50 . 6/1/2020
also, sorry author if I make it seem like I am hating or bashing you or this ff. I don't mean that at all! I love the ff so far. I simply want to point out some of the parts that ticked me off. I tend to point those out more often than the good parts of the story. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that other than the few parts I mentioned, I absolutely love the rest of the story. so keep up the great work!
LiveMan chapter 50 . 6/1/2020
One thing I don't get is how they are still so reckless. I mean, it keeps saying that ash matured during his journey but he is still recklessly and stupidly charging headfirst into a storm. The fact that they survived the first time (the blizzard) should have been a wake up call and he should have been more cautious about it this time. he cant expect things to work out just because they are determined.

this is what ash said: I don't think it's going to end for us, Gary. something good has got to happen. we were the trainers brave enough to take these waves on no matter how bad the storm is. there is no way we are going to go like this.

Where is the logic in that? just because you decided to stupidly charge headfirst into a typhoon doesn't mean that you will have the good luck on surviving.
LiveMan chapter 49 . 6/1/2020
I get that there could be someone listening but aren't they supposed to be master aura/psychic users? shouldn't they be able to detect if others are listening in? Also, even if there is someone who could be listening, couldn't Red have made a telepathic link using aura to tell Ash and Delia about what hes been doing?
3,521 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »