Reviews for The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Kanto Arc
Declore Islands
Kalos
Alola
gandharmtare chapter 1 . 6/3
If you want you could go by the anime regions. you can have one story for
- kanto
- orange islands
- jhoto
- hoenn
- sinoh
- unova
- kalos
- alola
you dont necessarily have to have like 20 different things cause of all the different games.
innercityposse1 chapter 62 . 5/30
going to reading the next chapter
PikaMew1288 chapter 2 . 5/20
It just occurred to me to ask what happened to the original trainer who chose Charmander? did they decide not to go on a Journey after all? Now that Leaf has Bulbasaur instead of the unknown other trainer who dropped out, then that will make Ash's Journey far more Interesting.
PikaMew1288 chapter 1 . 5/20
Wouldn't it make more sense to end it after Kalos because that is when Serena was in canon? It would be interesting to see the divergences in Kalos that would occur should a much smarter and stronger Ash as well as a much more experienced Serena go there.
Cooldragon1990 chapter 53 . 5/9
I have only reached this part of the story and I love this story. As a Pokemon fan I am horribly far behind. I barely know anything of the anime except for what I saw on WB Kids years and years ago and VHS tapes (yes I am that old) and even then that was mostly for the Kanto First Season. I saw some of the Johto season but again that was on one of the VHS sets that had a trio of episodes. I saw two movies (First movie with Mewtwo and my personal favorite Pokemon Heroes)

I know bits and pieces but I am still around the first three seasons. Nevertheless I have adored what I read so far and with this story, I have deduced that this fanon is now my personal preference over the original anime and it is borderline impossible for me to consider watching canon (outside of games, though my preference of those relies on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)

Thanks to you,I now have a strong preference to this story over the anime. I don't have any one thing I enjoyed as I love and adore AU canon side by side stories. Either as fix fics as this sometimes is, or just AU in general where an alternate path is taken. I just wish that there was more translated Pokemon speak as I love knowing what these dudes are speaking. You had one scene where it's translated, but then Pikachu would just tell the POV what Cubone or whoever is saying rather than giving us a in depth feeling. You might not agree but I love Pokemon speak and I love translation that reveals what it is they say behind the name speak (It's why Island of Giant Pokemon I believe it is is my all time favorite episode in the Kanto Arc)

I do have a question. I can't speak for what happens down the road in a later story as I only just finished this chapter of this first story, but are you considering a possible gag of Ash maybe seeing a Charizard turn it's back on it's trainer's orders as a possible mythology gag of the show. (Damn TV Tropes ruins my life) It's so perfect and funny that he can possibly criticize that person and make an ironic echo of the anime and his canon counterpart!

Great story, better than canon and you have now made it hard to ever go back! I haven't watched all that much, granted, but I just love the established headcanon in this story that it is going to make it hard to go back to canon Ash!
IchiFell chapter 62 . 4/20
Gotta say, I kinda cheated when I started reading a few chapters in to see which region you are at, so it kinda spoiled what was already set in stone in a vague way, but dear God am I hooked. I absolutely love the balance of happy go lucky fun time that Pokemon feels like it should have with just enough realism so that it is a nice edition and not overwhelming. I was taking g much more time to read this than most other things I would normally do because of how engrossed it was, and I am very much looking forward to what you have written out and plan on writting.

You, good sir, have another loyal fan in this bandwagon of fun.
QueenMac chapter 4 . 4/16
I really love your deviations from canon, but when you go back to canon I can't help but groan. Well at least at the dumb parts of canon; Ash and the blanket, the Spearow incident...

Like I said before, I really enjoy this story. But you have incredible talent. And to me it's wasted on forcing canon material in your work. Honestly, this has potential to blow Traveler out the water but including so much from canon brings it down.

That said, I'm still staying on brother!
QueenMac chapter 3 . 4/16
Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a different starter for Ash other than Pikachu; considering it's an AU. But this is a very minor complaint. Other than that, I enjoyed it!

I'm staying on, keep on brother!
QueenMac chapter 1 . 4/15
For a setup chapter to characters we know, pretty damn good. You say get better later on, as any writer should, but already this first piece is really good. Sure it has typos, but no one on here is flawless.

I've always liked the flashback to Ash and Serena in the anime. Adding Leaf made it better.

I'm staying on my brother!
Cyberbeasttitan chapter 62 . 4/13
Finally done, whew... Took a few days to read this story in it's entirety, but it was worth it. Good plot, character development, and pacing. Notes at the end of each character gave a lot of twist, plot points away, and some episodes of the anime where missing, but other than that it's a great story. Paul was handled very well in this story, but Ritchie wasn't, Misty wasn't as annoying either, but my least favorite character is Serena. Don't know how her character arc is going to end up, but regarding being a pokemon performer, I've seen in person to what happens to sweet and kind girls when they go into performance arts and acting, it's power corrupts them like the darkside. I will comend you for making this far actually completing a quality story and making more of them. That more than most writers can claim on this site. _ b Moving on to the Orange League Arc next.
So Serena's like Yellow...sweet! I love both characters so much! Ironically, I like the pairing of Red and Yellow (when they're older, of course), so Ash and Serena having the same abilities is kinda funny.
I was so happy to see Yellow - she's my favorite character in Pokémon Adventures. She's innocent, and I love how she can heal and read Pokémon's thoughts.
Man,

I really want to like this story and I keep reading it in hopes that I eventually do because it’s got great world building and character development.

But this ash x Serena is getting kinda off putting.

Almost every single interaction between them is either of them gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes. They’re only 10 and 11 for Pete’s sake. I wish you would’ve let them develop as people first before putting them together, and not every interaction needs to be them being lovey dovey
Fox McCloude chapter 62 . 3/26
Aaaaaaaaaannd I finally reached the end of this arc. Really, I'm sorry it took me longer than I expected, but it was well worth it. And awesome introductory arc, and I'm looking forward to see what's next. On to the Orange Islands now!
3,371 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »