Reviews for Making it to Dinner
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
I love your Sung universe! Severus deserves to be happy!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/15/2016
Why in blazes does he ever go *back* to Hogwarts? That's why I can't figure out.
mizgardenia21 chapter 1 . 3/16/2016
I'm in love with this universe.
Hime-chan Natsumi chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
Ay! Como me gustarĂ­a que Sev hubiera crecido con lps Sung. Es tan feliz con ellos y lo quieren tanto. Espero que si alguna vez se te ocurre hacer otra historia parecida. De Severus siendo adoptado por otra familia, de preferencia de otro pais. En esa historia si dejes a Sev ser feliz Me ha gustado mucho esta serie de la familia Sung. Realmente una historia marvillosa
t42n24t2 chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
I like these stories. Hope you write more someday.
Schattengestalt chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
That was a lovely Chinese New Years story.*big smile*

I love the Sung family and that they love Severus like their own son and dont just treat them like a mere friend of Lui.*smiles at them*
Im so happy for Severus that he was able to spend the Chinese New Year with them, especially after everything he has been through at Hogwarts.*glares at the Marauders*
My heart broke for Severus, when I read the scene, where he was in the Hospital Wing and just wanted to go home to his family.*sniffs quietly*

Its a shame that Severus cant spend more time with Lui and his parents, but Im sure that knowing that the Sung family would like to have him as their adopted son helps Severus to endure the rest of the year.*smiles*

Im angry at Severus parents that they dont care what Severus is doing or if he is well, although it makes it easier for Severus to visit his real family in Chinese.*sighs and smiles at the same time*

I hope you will write more stories for the Sung universe, since I love how you write the interaction between Severus, Lui and the rest of the Sung family.*puppy eyes*

So long!)

Schattengestalt
YenGirl chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
You're most welcome, Ree! I'm glad this was posted on time...

Once again, you have rounded out the Sung family beautifully and convinced me they are canon characters that JKR just couldn't fit into her books (otherwise their subsequent weight will qualify them as hefty door stoppers/deadly weapons).

I liked Severus' thoughts on his foster family, more real and loving yet still fair and strict to him - just how a family should be with a brother to perfect the deal.

Poor Severus, once again the target of the dastardly Marauders (boo! hiss!), but at least they provided the silver lining in his cloud and the way to make it home in time for the dinner. I liked how Sev found Pomfrey's tuckings not as much to his liking as Mama Sung's, by the way... it's the tiny details like this that make your story so worth the time spent!

So this was when Severus was made a foster son of the Sungs and I'm glad Bohai could see how much this meant to him. Severus would not allow himself to enjoy the privileges without shouldering the responsibilities that go along with them. The Sungs are wonderful to Severus and that trip to buy school things was fun - especially the wand trying *chuckles*

Severus was already a master at persuasion even at the tender age of 11! I cringed at how he literally made himself sick with anxiety and anticipation, I frowned at how the professors and Pomfrey could let it go, but I am glad Severus got to put his plan into action. No way was he going to miss his first reunion dinner with his foster family! I'm also glad he made it a yearly thing, by the way...

It was nice to know Severus made up for the meals he had skipped while at Hogwarts! *laughed* Good of his foster parents to hold back on his and Lui's punishment, that wouldn't have been a good way to usher in the new year. So Chinese New Year red isn't the same as Gryffindor red, that's good too!

*stays out of Master Cheng's way lest he finds out she knows little about sorting and even less about gardening* So both boys did work and learned lots, that's exactly how a punishment should go.

It was nice to read of the Sung's worry when Sev had to return to Hogwarts, they really felt like his parents to him... more than his real ones at least *frowns at them and does the boo hiss thing again* Thank goodness he realised the silver lining in here as well and I'm sure the loving care from the Sungs will make up for it... as much as possible.

So Master Cheng did a good job, the portraits at least are concerned and no one was any the wiser! Good! I'm glad Severus wore his new clothes under that coat, the others wouldn't know but he does and that's all that matters.

I can just imagine him in that last paragraph there, writing back to his family for I'm sure Mama Sung will read it to her husband and Lui. They are family after all.

A wonderful, wonderful read, Ree. Favouriting it in hopes there will be more :)
whisperace chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
finding one of your general series updated.
Is like a cup of cocoa and a seat by the fire after a cold day.
Comforting.