Reviews for Sunlight
NinjaFang1331 chapter 20 . 10/28/2016
Excellent job with the ending
EmD23 chapter 20 . 10/28/2016
Ugh. I'm in love. Daikari is so rare nowadays.

Bravo!
Louatown chapter 19 . 10/26/2016
I can't believe this amazing story is over. I'm gonna miss it so much. Especially because this fandom is quite discreet and Dakari unpopular. Will you write another one with the same pairing?
Guest chapter 19 . 10/23/2016
Yay, it's back! Now how will you torture us now? By finish it then. At least it's a good, if bittersweet, pain this time. Poor Davis, but at least he doesn't have to be the one to give the talk. I'd probably be in Izzy's place here. It's great that they are finally talking this all through. Now if only she could have admitted that... what is it, fifteen, almost twenty-some years ago? Finally, a happy ending! Here's hoping that you don't go back to your early chapter sadism and ruin it for them. I don't think that you will, but I will stay worried until the last word. You know, I feel that there is much more to say, but I don't know what it is. ...Ah, whatever. Thank you for making this, and for finishing it, especially on such a happy note.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 19 . 10/23/2016

please Soon please
NinjaFang1331 chapter 19 . 10/22/2016
Awesome job
EmD23 chapter 19 . 10/22/2016
I've been following this since you posted the first snippet of it on tumblr three years ago.

What a journey it's been.
Hero Slayer chapter 18 . 8/10/2016
Alright, so this is something that I've been putting off for a while (I've got some weird thing against leaving reviews for some reason), but I just can't not leave some sort of note for this story. I love this story. I love it so much.

I've been reading this story for a long while and every chapter of it captivates me. There are so many reasons for this and I kind of want to put a tiny bit of it into words to show my appreciation. (Gonna use sub names because watching Digimon Tri so many times has gotten to me)

First and foremost. I love the characters. There is a lot of focus on Daisuke and Hikari as they are the main players, but the rest of the cast shines so much. Ken and Daisuke's friendship is just so god damn good that it makes me mourn the fact that I don't have a friend as close as that. The dynamic between Daisuke and Mimi (dear god, I want to see so much more of this. The Doorway to Summer just embedded this headcanon in me that the two of them get along so well) is so wonderful with how supportive Mimi is despite Daisuke frequently bringing problems along with him. Miyako is a blast and creates so much atmosphere whenever she's in a scene. Her bickering with Daisuke and basically trying to nag him into being a better human being always makes me smile. Hell, I even found myself feeling a bit for Hikari's ex-husband because he's just doing his god damn best, but like some marriages, it just doesn't work. Taichi is a god damn rock and I found myself completely surprised at his little 'scandal' though mostly I just love how committed he is to his job. I just love how alive all the characters feel. They all have their own lives and their own problems, but even despite all of that they're there for each other and it reminds me just how close they are and why I loved the shows so much.

But I digress, to the main issue. God, I love your portrayal of Daisuke. He's so rough and he makes so many god damn mistakes, but his growth as a character and into an adult was just so mind numbingly good and heartwarming that I just can't stop rooting for him. I admit to being a bit biased as I loved the gogglehead as a kid (mostly because of Veemon. Daisuke got all the best evolutions), fell out as I grew older and saw him as a static character, but read Double Tamers in V-Tamer and listened to the Doorway to Summer drama and dear god did I fall in love with him all over again. He gets a lot of flak in the fandom and finding a story where he isn't a complete goof (which he is, but I mean to the point of exaggeration) or some sort of messiah made flesh, is hard. So seeing him here so round and dynamic just makes me so damn happy. His just uncompromising attitude is just wonderful and I love that yes, while Daisuke did help save the day with what can only be called a Miracle, it was not just some I win button. In the end, while he was important, it was Hikari that was the one with the power. A Miracle is not just some I win button for him, it's a complex and often odd path to the destination. A road that leaves Daisuke without his partner, half dead and with a dislocated shoulder, but get there they did.

Hikari is just so damn heartbreaking at times that I want to just sit down with her and have some coffee so we can talk. Just, god, you've made me feel so many god things for this girl. Part of me just kind of wants to shake her while the other part of me wants to just smile and whisper to her "Okay, good, good, we've gotten here after all of that heart break. You're both responsible adults now. Now never let go or I swear to God." I kind of found Hikari really boring in a lot of stories. Never did I find her boring here. Her struggles with her feelings and her just tendency to both rely on others or save everyone's feelings hit me so hard. Her little bits of angry and indignant attitude to Daisuke's early terrible decision making made her all the more real to me. Again, bias. I don't really mind Takari, but I always felt it was just a little too boring for lack of a better word, but I find Hikari and Daisuke to just be more... dynamic and better suited for a story. I find having Hikari with Daisuke just opens her up to be so much more expressive and I love their interactions. Everything from their support for one another, her disappointment and pain at his choices and vice versa, and just the sheer love between these two.

The best thing about this story is the fact that every part of the journey felt important. That line about their lives being correct despite all their mistakes just feels so right for these two. That yes, they loved each other and could have been together, but they would not have grown so much if they had. Maybe it would have been better, maybe it would have been worse, but this right here. This is so god damn good that every heartwarming and heartbreaking step from a gap toothed Daisuke to their adorable huddling for warmth in a dimension of what can only be pure evil as they both probably need a trip to the hospital was worth it.

I have so much more to say about this wonderful story (I really should have been leaving reviews on every chapter and I apologize for not doing that) but I just can't seem to put my appreciation into proper words at the moment so I'll just kind of end my gushing.

So just once more I have to say this. I love this story. Thank you so much for writing this.
Joknotor chapter 18 . 7/25/2016
That was probably one of the best fics I have ever read. Once I started I just could not stop. I regretted it at work the next day but to hell with it that was just amazing. Kinda sad there was no epilogue to go on but that's alright the ending was good regardless. Romeo found his Juliet. Thanks so much for this story.
Max Velocity IV chapter 18 . 6/8/2016
I can't even begin to articulate how happy this story makes me. Seriously; I couldn't put this story down last night. I haven't logged into my FFN account in almost a decade but I feel obligated to leave you a review here.

I'm impressed by how consistently you've characterized Davis and Kari throughout this fic. As they become adults they've stayed true to the fundamental tenets of their characters, while gaining naunces that seem reasonable as they've matured.

It's clear to the reader how much you love these characters - not only Davis and Kari, but the entire Adventure cast - because the conflicts that emerge between them feel like conflicts that would emerge organically as the kids grew up, fall in and out of love, and drift apart due to circumstances of life. That resonates with me quite a lot. One specific example is how TK and Kari break up. It would be easy to make TK the villain in a story about Davis and Kari's romance, but they ultimately break up because they want different things from life.

One of this fic's great strengths is how you use time, especially in the early chapters, where we are seen snapshots of the Digidestined's lives in the wake of a post-Zero Two world. You present enough context to the reader that they can piece together the shifts in time and place; you do a great job of "show, don't tell", such as hinting throughout the first half of the fic that TK and Kari never slept together.

The "One Year Later" timeskip after Davis and Kari have their first falling out was a little jarring to me, and I admittedly was skeptical of how you would handle the integration of Ty, Haru, and Takahiro into the overall story, but I think you did a good job of it in the end - especially as these last few chapters indicate, with Haru gaining much greater importance to the conclusion, and how Ty became a catalyst of character development for Davis. I know you're working with the epilogue and trying to justify the plausiblity of a Davis/Kari relationship by 2027, so you have to introduce their kids into the narrative (and not just ignore or retcon them) somehow. It felt a little cliche at first to have Kari thrust into a very (seemingly) spontaneous marriage after breaking up with TK and her tryst with Davis, and then Davis having a kid with a prostitute, but again, you did a great job turning them into more than plot devices at keeping Davis and Kari apart for a while longer.

Daikari is a guilty pleasure of mine and I just love how you've framed them as truly starcrossed lovers over the course of their lives. Very romantic.

Thank you so much for writing this fic. I am eagerly anticipating the final chapter and epilogue!
Louatown chapter 18 . 5/11/2016
The end is near huh? I love how Davis manages to still be funny even when things are ugly. I'm gonna miss this story.
JuulChii chapter 18 . 5/10/2016
Still loyally following every single chapter. This rocks. You rock.
Guest chapter 18 . 5/9/2016
Well that is an inspiring quote to start with, especially with their current situation. Davis is really determined, I can never say that enough now. Full on Dagomon being Dagon, no lies or disguises. What does that make Kari then? Either way, Davis probably doesn't care what she is anymore, if he ever did. Oh, Poor Haru, and poor Salamon. And they are now so far up Shit Creek they ended up in a lake without even a single scrap of wood anywhere close. Haru had some light of his own, Dagomon used Kari to get a taste from him so that he would have the power to just take it, as I understand it. Okay, I'm a bit lost now, but I'm still enjoying this, the being lost bit might be because I just woke up though. You are very good at conveying the desperation of these kind of events, and tone has been good throughout. Is Kari just a container for the Light? Or is it something more complicated? Okay, it's over, these two might finally stop dodging the issue, and we can celebrate! Well, it's about time, and I am glad to see them finally together, even if it is just this little bit at the moment. So, how many more chapters are left? I plan to keep reading until the end of this, so please update soon. ...I think I have more to say, but I can't think of anything at the moment... Well, great work, update soon please, this chapter was very interesting in many ways. Thanks for it.
254 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »