Reviews for An Awfully Big Adventure
lillpon chapter 46 . 1/8
I really love how you've made Emma combing her fingers through his hair so important to him. from the very start. It really fits his character and how it would be a gesture from her that it would remind him he's alive. Also I really enjoy his comments on Emma's talk and body language.
lillpon chapter 41 . 1/6
"All that fumbling around for words at the hospital when he just should have said "I'm sorry" and that could have been it". You know, when I first watched that episode, I had guessed that Neal would die, so the last scene between him and Killian kinda fell flat for me - I hadn't realized that none of them knew that would be the last moment they spent together, so it would make sense for Killian to not say much. And it makes it even more tragic, that he wanted to apologize, but postponed it and then felt guilty for not saying it sooner.

Wow, I love how he reads into every detail of Emma's body language and understands what she may be thinking.

"He hadn't forgotten how uplifting being open with her could feel, could never forget that, but it had been so long since he had..." That warmed my heart and now every time I think of his little smile at that moment I will remember this sentence!

Ground Placing Sextant, Gain a Position Sextant, oh my God... :D

Oh God, the way he bonds with Henry, how he sees both Emma's and Bae's traits in him is just wonderful. He knew that he couldn't, he shouldn't lie to him, but he wanted so much for Henry to know this part of his father's story. Also the fact that he'd tried to not fall in love with Emma but with Henry it's just as natural and stubborn and now he doesn't even want to sfight this feeling and it's wonderful :)

I do notice, though, how much more you have him call him "Swan" here instead of "Emma". I love how it even mirrors his language in the show, meaning how he started calling her Emma more often after 3B.
lillpon chapter 40 . 1/6
I'm slowly starting my way through this fic as well! Though I'm picking random places - I think this is another perk with this fic, if you have watched the show, you can pick up at any moment! - and I landed here. I like how Killian was so fast to have contact with Neal in an effort to help him wake up. And I loved how he thought the jello was something people don't really like, when he had all good intentions when he brought Neal some.

"Holding him and supporting him the way he should have before" - aw :(

"a punch for such gall" I love how even when you write him thinking you use rare words! But also I love how you made him aware of how ineloquent he was - this scene is so emotional yet people who can't see the depth of his character fail to see how awkward he felt back then with Neal, and it's a shame.
Guest chapter 31 . 5/22/2016
Drunk Bashful genius
Guest chapter 39 . 6/13/2015
Great chapter!
Guest chapter 38 . 6/13/2015
Very good, although he seemed a little scattered. he spends a lot of time in this set of episodes sort of standing around. Looking forward to his action.
Guest chapter 37 . 6/13/2015
Very good. I am happy for him right now.
Guest chapter 36 . 6/13/2015
This is one of my favorite chapters so far, his thougts about what he considered while they were apart.
Guest chapter 35 . 6/13/2015
I love what you did with this chapter.
sharpie78 chapter 34 . 6/13/2015
You did a great job with this one and his darkness.
sharpie78 chapter 33 . 6/13/2015
this was amazing
sharpie78 chapter 32 . 6/13/2015
That was really good.
sharpie78 chapter 31 . 6/12/2015
I'm nervous and excited for him at this point
sharpie78 chapter 30 . 6/12/2015