Reviews for The Arithmancer
Hameeda Gordon chapter 53 . 2/29
Honestly hermione shouldnt have to put up with ron or harry’s shit. She’s constantly there for them but they pick and choose when to be there for her. Its just annoying, if i had friends like that, i’d cut them off a long time ago. Hitting close to the toxic zone for me
Hameeda Gordon chapter 8 . 2/28
At some point I just really wish snape , malfoy and his goons gets run over by a bus
dorothy.nediak chapter 7 . 2/24
The emotional impact of the staircase scene is masterful. The description gradually builds up fascination, molding it into a sense of disturbing-ness, which becomes a subtle terror.
dorothy.nediak chapter 1 . 2/24
Wow. The level of thought in this work promises to engage me on a similar level as HPMOR. Looking forward to it!
Estelle chapter 25 . 2/11
I discovered this fanfiction via its TvTropes page ( /Creator/WhiteSquirrel). Thank you so much for writing it! This work was crafted with a lot of research, thought, and dedication, making the characters shine and the world come to life. What elevates it is the child characters trusting adults and communicating with them, while the adults take steps to love, nurture, and protect the children- all while keeping the plot interesting! All too often media, especially ones of youth and children, lack that aspect.

May the ideas keep coming, the words keep flowing, and that you always have plenty of rest to recharge.
asd chapter 1 . 2/1
this seems so good, but the idea of bullying and hermione doing nothing about it (comments) is somehting I hate. I know you explained why at the beginning and it's reasonable but still, it's not something I want to read.
Spharex chapter 35 . 12/2/2023
I know it doesn't affect me, but you were one cruel motherfucker to the people who read this story update by update as it was written for ending the chapter like this xD
listen chapter 84 . 11/11/2023
hermione a math genious - approved.
hermione taking a less emotional approach to the houseelves - approved
hermione shaking it with the twins - hell yeah
hermione getting compared to dumbledore - yup
hermione making snape speecheless over her potions achievements - crazy funny
hermione making mcgonnagal drop a teapot - I feel sorry for that old womans heart xD
hermione gving harry and that glittering vampire kid spells, to save his ass this time around - gold.

thank you for this story. may hermione explode the world and rain papers on all of us! 3
listen chapter 84 . 11/11/2023
hermione a math genious - approved.
hermione taking a less emotional approach to the houseelves - approved
hermione shaking it with the twins - hell yeah
hermione getting compared to dumbledore - yup
hermione making snape speecheless over her potions achievements - crazy funny

CuddlyFloof chapter 8 . 11/13/2023
So far I really like the story… just if I was in Hermiones place, I’d already have “accidentally” pushed Malfoy down the stairs.
feauxen chapter 77 . 11/5/2023
How is it that I only notice now, on my third re-read, that no one ordered Dobby not to tell Harry anything?
maiqsmail chapter 84 . 10/14/2023
Alright, so I'm kinda on the fence on this one.
It's pretty good and introduces some novel things (like poor Cedric *for once* living through 3WT) and uses science and uncovers magical theory (I esp. like using transfiguration for chemical elements and questionable semi-muggle services like flashbangs and thermite charges. And that is paired with 6th exemption of Gamp law so there is an In Universe restriction for really nasty accidental end-of-the-world devices). And Hermi looks like she'll get into some really proper curse creation soon with the wizard war inevitably escalating and her completing NEWT, considering tooth drilling hex she made for a school built level of threat, so she's not 'properly motivated' to invent some Real deal. The Beauxbatons was nice but sadly didn't get enough real coverage.

That said, on the other hand... The story really lacks originality and divergence for plot. It's for the most part the same canon plotline with different flavour Hermione.
Come on, we have had Sirius Black exonerated in the Year Three. He could've at least assumed Black Lordship and be active in Wizengamot for Hermione's and Harry's benefits. So what was he doing all this time? In canon he had a vacation and then was on house arrest in Grimauld 12 cleaning it. Here, he rent a flat for Harry and was partially cleaning Grimauld 12 and... that's it. Nothing else of importance. At this point I half expect Cedric to pull out of Hogwarts on account of being a cripple and we'll never hear from him ever again so it'd be the same as he would be dead as in canon.
And all this for a 1/3 story that is half a million words long already! I'm not exactly dropping this fic, but I decided to shelve it, maybe I'll return to continue reading it later.
maiqsmail chapter 64 . 10/13/2023
Yes! Yes! You know, I actually considered dropping this fic if Hermi would magically get confined to Hogwarts *again* because that would be completely unbelievable. I'm very glad she's in beauxbatons now!
maiqsmail chapter 58 . 10/12/2023
Don't play with my feelings like that. I definitely want Hermione to go to Beauxbatons and don't you dare pull some half assed inexcusable plot devices for her to stay in Hogwarts.
maiqsmail chapter 54 . 10/12/2023
Bruh what in the goddamn? Security trolls before entrance? Fricking for real?
I honestly thought it was Malfoy prank and illusion. Who, how and why would post bloody troll near entrance to students' dorms?..
4,975 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »