Reviews for Island in a Sea of Sun
fiesa chapter 14 . 5/3
Hmmm :)

Plot development, but no explanations so far. Why was Luke abducted? What does Jabba want of Obi-Wan? How did he get to know about them? Is there a connection to them being Jedi, or is there another explanation?

Questions, questions.

Here, you used all the necessary medical symptoms to show that Luke, indeed, as a concussion. It makes the story better, and Luke certainly doesn't look weaker than he is. He is a child, after all. I very much liked the gentleness Obi-Wan shows towards his apprentice and son. They have, in many ways, truly become father and son. Sharing a Force bond, sharing their lives. It will be hard for Obi-Wan to let Luke go... Though I think he'd go with him, if it came to it. Hmmm...

I'll be waiting for the next chapter patiently! Thanks for another very good chapter and a very enjoyable read. All the best!
fiesa chapter 13 . 5/3
I'm late, I'm late, I apologize! I've been wanting to read the new chapter but somehow... Well, life, I guess...

JABBA! Now that's a nice plot twist, and an unexpected one, as well. I just wonder what kind of kidnapper would send a time-and-location-stamped message when attempting to abduct someone if he doesn't want to be found. So I guess whoever abducted Luke must want Obi-Wan to follow and find him, and that also means that once again someone is after Obi-Wan, not after Luke? Hmm... You're making me curious!

As usual, here is a short list of the things I liked best:
- Obi-Wan remembering his Master, and how he died, and how strong the link between them was
- the little things you use to describe his everyday work: monitoring droids, hydroponic stations, etc.
- the amulet that explains how Luke's Force presence usually is hidden
- Obi-Wan taking his light saber, and clenching it beneath his tunic to calm his panic
- the poem. I think I don't understand much of the leviathan that is "the hollow men", but I really like it.

Well, one advantage of reading late: the next chapter is already available. Thank you, as usual, for writing this wonderful story and sharing it here! I'm off!
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 14 . 4/20
Poor Luke.
Loves to read books chapter 14 . 4/19
I am guessing that obi can't take his "son" home. I'm guessing they were tracked due to the search L. did on Padmé? When "Ben" finds out that this is what brought the kidnappers attention on them, he will have no choice but to run. Maybe they will go and join the other Jedi now? Maybe? Luke is older now...
multyfangirl17 chapter 14 . 4/18
and what's happening with Luke's sister around now?
tite-odey chapter 14 . 4/14
Hello,
I read your story so fast, i like the bond you are creating between Luke and Obi-wan. Thank you and sorry, my English is poor!
See you soon
363maya chapter 1 . 4/14
Will you add Leia too? A good story I enjoyed reading. keep it up
mecaka chapter 14 . 4/13
Good. I'm still mad at Greedo, and its been how long since I read the last chapter? He totally had it coming.
Very happy that Obi-Wan and Luke are together again! :)
pronker chapter 14 . 4/13
Whew, safe at last!
scottusa1 chapter 14 . 4/13
Obi-Wan to the rescue. Glad that Luke is okay.

Keep it up. Laters.
Sue Clover chapter 14 . 4/12
Well. I wonder what that was all about. Did it have to do with Obi-Wan's defaulted loan? Or did someone find them?
FireShifter chapter 14 . 4/12
Phew! Obi-Wan came and rescued Luke! But I have feeling their trouble with Jabba is just beginning...
Great chapter! Keep on writing and update again soon! ;-)
Basil Allegri chapter 13 . 4/6
I love this story for so many reasons. Obi-wan and Luke are my two favorite Star Wars characters - and putting them in a father/son relationship is very heartwarming (especially considering all of the awful things that Obi-wan's already had to go through).
As for Luke's perception of Padme and Obi-wan... I can only laugh.
Savvywolf chapter 13 . 4/4
You're stories are absolutely adorable and I love them...
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 13 . 3/12
Sithspit, that's not good. I hope the two of them don't have to end up on the run.