Reviews for Island in a Sea of Sun
fiesa chapter 27 . 4/18
Welcome back!

It's great to hear (read) from you. I hope you are well!

I think the Rogue One movie was amazing, and yes, better than The Force Awakens, but I'm not completely with you regarding the "no romance and everyone dies". I'd have loved to see the Rogue One crew walk away, romance or no romance... *sigh*

This chapter is great. It's so wonderful to see Luke grow up and go through the usual troubles. Girl trouble it's this time, huh? I did not expect that, but when it came it was completely natural. I love how you still portray the relationship between Obi-Wan and Luke: father-son, teacher-student, fellow Jedi, in a way, too. Luke's gotten good at calming himself, that's really nice and some days I wish I was able to ground myself like he does. And I love how Obi-Wan helps him and watches over him but still leaves him space to decide on his own.

This was an important topic, with the relationships between Jedi and the Order's ban on romantic relationships. I think Obi-Wan handled it well, and his opinion sure leaves room for more thought on it. Especially the "not enough" part of love - that's an interesting way to see it, especially regarding Anakin and Padmé.

And the banter at the end was beautiful.

Thanks for this wonderful chapter! Returning to your, Luke and Obi-Wan's island was a treat.
BlackAeronaut chapter 27 . 4/16
Yay! You updated! :D

It's nice to see Luke developing in such a level-headed manner. It'll be interesting to see what happens when C3-PO and R2-D2 finally show up.

Obi Wan will probably shit a platinum brick. :)
JediPanda22 chapter 27 . 4/16
this is a precious story and Obi-Wan as a father to Luke was a brilliant idea. He's learning almost as much as Luke is. Oh how I wish this had happened. Very nice chapter, the last few sentences sounded like banter that Obi-Wan and Anakin might have had at one point. 3
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 27 . 4/15
Nice little conversation. Obi-Wan is truly a father figure here, and I think is being much more effective than he was with Anakin. However, I think that his attitude on relationships is a tad out of character. Why did you choose to have him react like that?
quoththeraven5 chapter 27 . 4/15
I am so glad you updated! Obi-Wan and Luke are a fantastic as always (but I am still mentally yelling at Obi-Wan ["tell him about Vader already!"], though I do understand Obi's hesitation). Please continue! :)
P.S. I totally agree with you on Rogue One, near the end I kept thinking "oh, God they are going to kiss and it will ruin everything!", but they didn't! (so happy :) )
FireShifter chapter 27 . 4/15
At last! I was beginning to wonder if you would ever update again! :-D

I love the bond between Luke and Obi-Wan has remained strong and playfulness that exists between the two of them. Please update again real soon!
Saitofan chapter 27 . 4/15
Oh, Obi-wan always the slavedriver XD good chapter as usual!
CalebElBardo chapter 27 . 4/15
Luke/Jynn, pairing, please...
Sophia the Scribe chapter 27 . 4/15
Great insights on the Jedi marriage issue; I really liked Obi-Wan's explanation of it to young Luke, especially his asking what he would do if the girl refused him. I thought that was a really good point! And yes, Rogue One was amazing: there definitely need to be more movies with no romance where everyone dies at the end (especially the "no romance" part: I really appreciated that they did not try to force in Jyn/Cassian). As always, looking forward to more! Blessings, Sophia
NovaRainbow chapter 27 . 4/15
YOU ARE BACK! THANO U FOR UPDATING!
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 27 . 4/15
hey! its been a while. I always enjoyed this even as I got worried that youd hyper focus on the development of the in exile years. but I appreciate it all the same! honestly its a lot 0f good stuff really.

and thank you for not trying to make it SIMPLE on the marriage thing and aknowleding in universe the jedi have been around for a LONG, LONG time. so good on you.

and handiling in a mature manner! and in character because it makes SENSE in its own way.
but hey even having and handiling luke as well as you have! I really do appreciate how you've handled the up bringing. anyway! nice to see/read from you again.
scottusa1 chapter 27 . 4/14
Good chapter. Keep it up. Laters.
guest chapter 26 . 4/10
Great story! Looking forward to more!
travass99 chapter 26 . 12/15/2016
I hope you continue this soon.
fiesa chapter 26 . 11/6/2016
Welcome back! It's always great to see your name on my "newest-updates-here-chapters-to-read!"-list. You must be dealing with quite a lot at the moment. Thank you for updating nevertheless.

Oh, they're growing up so fast! I'm sure I said this times before, but it feels like watching Luke grow up so quickly while no time passes... Or, only little time. This snapshot was beautiful, showing him among his friends, doing what he can and doing it well. It must be hard for him, having to keep secrets from them, but he's probably used to it by now. And he will later look back at these days and think that they were peaceful, and enjoyable. A memory.

It's difficult to believe in things nobody else can understand, and knowing arguments won't help to convince those that are closest to you. Also, Luke probably, as his friends, thinks about his future and wonders what will become of him. You kind of ruled out the possibility of him going to the Imperial Academy, that's probably for the best. On the other hand - what else to do? He's probably not staying on Tatooine for all his life. Well. We'll see what will happen.

I like the nicknames the guys use :)

(Luke's probably will mean more than just "guy being able to fix broken machines" one day.)

Is there maybe half of a sentence missing, the one in which Janek suggests to go out? He bets on something, and never says on what...

As always, reading this chapter was a joy. Thank you for updating! I'm looking forward to the next chapter, whenever it is ready. All the best to you!