Reviews for Island in a Sea of Sun
HoldTightAndPretendItIsAPlan chapter 25 . 9/8
I really want Luke to learn about what really happened to his birth parents. I want Obi-Wan to be forced to accept that Luke needs to know and I want Luke to be furious with Obi-Wan for a long time before going up to him and saying that he doesn't understand why he lied, but while Anikin is the one who fathered him, Obi-Wan is his dad. I want Obi-Wan to be speachless and swirling with emotions and Luke to realize that Obi-Wan didn't tell him not because he didn't trust him, but because he didn't want to give up his role of being Luke's dad.

Maybe Luke doesn't accept it until Obi-Wan is dead and talking to Obi-Wan's ghost or something, but I want that moment to happen so badly...

And I don't want Luke to give up on wanting to kill Vader and Palpatine, I just want his reasoning to change from vengence to Luke trying to bring much needed peace to the galaxy.
Sooo sweet! Please update! Id love to read some action!
Maryna chapter 25 . 8/10
UPDAAAAATE PLEEEEASE!
Eya145 chapter 25 . 8/10
Really great story so far, the chapters ar short but they really do fill up ones imagination
And what could have happened if Obi-Wan himself had cared for Luke

SERIOUSLY REALLY WELL WRITTENAND I LOVED IT
I especially love the fact how when the people and friends of Obi-Wan's ask him about things of the past, Obi-Wan us technically NOT lieing at all ;-)
Great read I hope u do continue and if not, well it was a great run :-)

Gushing over this story :-) :-P
NovaRainbow chapter 25 . 8/1
Keep going,please. This is a great story!
theLittleKawaiiPen chapter 25 . 6/19
Been reading this story for a while. Keep up the great work!
Eborrose chapter 25 . 6/12
And Obi Wan still hasn't told him the complete truth. It will end in tears.
I am still enjoying the relationship between Luke and Kenobi but I guess we are getting near the time of departure and / discovery.
fiesa chapter 25 . 5/28
Late, late, I'm terribly late and I'm sorry, but it's so great to see an update! Thanks for that!

Wow.

Luke's fourteen already. Time flies! I love how he's getting more and more mature, how he tries to separate himself from his father (and I still get happy feelings every time I read Luke calling Obi-Wan "Dad") but, at the same time, loves him and wants him close. The emotional aspect is starting to add to the mix, a clear signal of him growing up. And yes, it must be hard on days when your dad is able to read your feelings, but on the other hand it makes them closer than anything. And that is worth something, I think.

I also love how they bicker, and how Obi-Wan answers Luke's concerns with jokes to dispel his son's fear. It probably doesn't work quite that way, but the dry humor and familiar arguments lighten the mood and are beautiful to read. I especially enjoyed Obi-Wan's question whether his son wants to run away and join the Imperial Army, also because it's something canon Luke always wished for, or, at least, I think he did. The differences couldn't be more obvious.

This chapter was a beautiful read, once again, short and sweet. Thank you for sharing it here!
mecaka chapter 25 . 5/16
Nice, seeing a more sarcastic side of ObiWan again! Great chapter!
scottusa1 chapter 25 . 5/12
Good chapter.
Keep it up. Laters.
Lumy12 chapter 25 . 5/12
I have a real soft spot for whiny Luke! Loved the "rather more dramatically" than necessary observation from Obi-Wan :)

This chapter is light but feels ominous... watch out, Obi-Wan!
pronker chapter 25 . 5/12
Loving their dynamic here - Luke sounds like a 14 and Obi-Wan truly is his dad, allaying fears like a pro.
Snapdragon chapter 25 . 5/12
"I only thing that has changed is you."

Small typo there and a little short, but otherwise a really nice part. Obiwan having unbent enough to show some affection openly is just short of stunning, really.
FireShifter chapter 25 . 5/12
I was hoping you would update soon! ;-D As always a great chapter! I love the bonding between Luke and Obi-Wan!

I sure hope your friend is doing better. Losing a functioning refrigerator is a pain.

Keep on writing and update soon! ;-D
JediPanda22 chapter 25 . 5/11
Like always this was a great chapter :)