Reviews for Island in a Sea of Sun
fiesa chapter 20 . 11/21
Welcome back! It's good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well!

I like the poem of this chapter, once again. I've never heard it before, but it's good.

I also like the way you introduce Luke here. He's twelve, a bit older, not very much, but still. He still reacts too quickly. He shouldn't have attacked the bully, but he did hold back for quite some time. I'm sure Obi-Wan isn't going to kill him, but there might be some meditating and talking in Luke's future.
Also, I liked the little details, once again - the data pad, for example, which he'd had since he was small, and the meaning of it to Luke.

Thanks for another chapter! I'm looking forward to the next updates, whenever they might come. I enjoy your story a lot - it's so nice to read about Luke as a child, in a different universe and still all Luke. And Obi-Wan. He deserves some happiness and peace. I hope it will hold a bit longer for the two of them, but when does it actually last? Well, we can hope, at least.
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 20 . 11/17
Yeah, maybe a little. Luke only dropped controlled information and used the Force in public. No big, right? ;)

In all seriousness, it's good to see another chapter from you.
FireShifter chapter 20 . 11/17
Oh dear. Poor Luke. It's bad enough Laze calls him Wormie, why does his friends have to do it? Good chapter. Eager for the next. By the way, how's your married life. ;-)
ksecc1 chapter 20 . 11/17
Poor Luke. Growing up is never easy, but Luke's life is like a magnitude more difficult. And I will say the same thing I've said so many times...Ben needs to tell luke! Although this is an example of why he shouldn't know, if he can be goaded into spilling secrets.

Thanks for the update!
multyfangirl17 chapter 20 . 11/17
no the best move to luke. Obi Wan the time to reveal that he's your adopted son is approaching.
yeah i'm so happy on of the 40 to 50 storys i'm following finally updated! but now how long will i have to wait now?
pronker chapter 20 . 11/16
Uh oh, in trouble again. He's displayed his unusual prowess, oh Luke.
scottusa1 chapter 20 . 11/16
Good chapter.
Keep it up. Laters.
iloveMOM1597 chapter 19 . 11/6
Wish we could have seen Luke give his dad the droid he had made for him. I was excited to see that:(
pronker chapter 19 . 9/14
Very nice weaving in the characters from Miller's book - and I must admit, Orrin seemed enough of a match for Annileen - and then he went all schizo, but not here in your story! :) Nice pondering of a sad situation, where Anakin didn't trust Obi-Wan enough to invite him to the wedding. :(
mecaka chapter 19 . 9/12
Why?! *gross-sobbing*
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 19 . 9/8
What a bittersweet chapter. Right in the feels.
fiesa chapter 19 . 9/7
Awww, no grave thoughts today, Obi-Wan! You're at a wedding! Enjoy yourself, and think of happy things! :)

And you, dear My blue rose, are down to thirteen days (plusminusone) and I do hope your nervous breakdown is, whenever it happens (because it might occur repeatedly, I am told :)), is short and followed by times worth to remember. I'd love to give you my best wishes right now but I don't know whether it is custom in your country that wishes before the actual day are a bad omen? (For example, in my country you are not supposed to congratulate people on their birthdays before the actual day, whereas in other countries it's completely normal to congratulate days in advance...) Nevermind my ramblings. I hope you'll have two more good weeks which, when you look back at them, were the countdown to a life that is completely worth having to wait for it for some time!

SHortly, the story: I have the feeling Luke isn't featuring as often as he was at the beginning of this story. I had the feeling he would be the main narrator but Obi-Wan has taken over again, I don't mind it, please don't think that! I really liked how he thinks of Anakin and Padme, and wishes they would have invited him to their wedding. I wish he would have been there. There also was a lot of family bonds and distant and not-so-distant relationships that was fun to read!

Thank you for another really enjoyable chapter. I really like getting back to your story whenever you update: it's like taking a break from the everyday world. Thanks for that.
Unfortunately, in the last chapter you have made a mistake. According to Ben's fake story, his 'father', Eden, was a brother to Cliegg, not Owen.
ksecc1 chapter 19 . 9/6
Poor Obi Wan. So many regrets. I really enjoy watching him raise Luke. But I also really don't want Luke to grow up and reject Obi Wan (even temporarily) once he learns the truth. Please, please have Obi wan tell him. (Ok, I know that was pitiful but please?)

Thanks for so faithfully updating this.
WriterGirl7673 chapter 19 . 9/4
I had to smile when I recognised some characters from the book Kenobi. That just makes this story even better. :)