Reviews for Island in a Sea of Sun
Seshat-Ra chapter 13 . 14h ago
I knew it! I thought it was Jabba since Obi-Wan was forced to default the loan.
Now I wonder if this is a case of canon veering. Hmmm...
Keep writing- Ra.
mecaka chapter 13 . 16h ago
DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW.
I just wanted to let you know that I think you are a fantastic writer and that I completely adore this story. Literally everything is amazing, from the style to the way you've characterized everyone.
BUT I AM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE LUKE IS IN TROUBLE AND OBIWAN ISNT BEING FAST ENOUGH. HE NEEDS TO SAVE LUKE RIGHT NOW.
That is all.
FireShifter chapter 13 . 17h ago
Great chapter! But torteous cliffhanger though! Why would thugs from Jabba's place want with Obi-Wan? Has Obi-wan been late in paying a loan? ...Or have they discovered who Obi-Wan really is? Like a bounty from Vader?

Please update again real soon! ;-)
pronker chapter 13 . 17h ago
Uh-oh. Jabba is never good news.
mecaka chapter 12 . 2/27
AH! No! No no no, bad Greedo! :(
Jump Highly chapter 12 . 2/16
Thoroughly delightful story - I love how you have simultaneously kept their lives simple and engaged across different aspects of the force and threats to their safety. You've managed a tough balance well. I

I'm looking forward to reading more!
An update! Wonderful.

I couldn't place the poem until I read the title at the bottom of the lines. The hollow Men. A nice choice. For "Island in a Sea of Sand" you used to pick a line from the selected poem as chapter title - if I had to chose one for this chapter I'd chosen "sunlight on a broken column". But the topic turned serious as Luke when the Rhodian tries to abduct Luke, so it wouldn't have fit, after all.

(What kind of school is that, allowing kids to go home with strangers without consulting the parents first? I guess the Rhodian somehow tricked Luke's teacher, otherwise I wouldn't send my children there...)

Obi-Wan knows that Luke's in trouble, but he's far away. I hope he'll make it. Either way, I am curious to see what you've planned for the two of them this time. I doubt it's simply another kidnapping. Hm. Who is the abductor? How did he know about Luke and Obi-Wan, how much does he know and what does he want? I wonder.

Since you left the readers with a cliffhanger I hope you don't mind too much if I say I'm looking forward to the next chapter! Thanks for this one: it was a lovely read. Especially Luke trying to find out more about his mother was very cute. He's that age when he feels he has to get to know his parents, I guess, and I wish him best luck with his self-imposed quest. Well, Obi-Wan could help a bit, later on, too. (Also, I'm wondering whether you'll bring Leia into the game, as well?)

Until the next chapter!
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 12 . 2/5
Oh, oh. This isn't good
Bayfire chapter 12 . 2/4
Why, oh why are we left with a cliffhanger? Your story really keeps me on the edge of my seat! :) Update soon!
scottusa1 chapter 12 . 2/4
Oh boy. Those baddies are in for some hurt now. Obi-Wan won't like what you did to Luke, you chubbas.

Keep it up. Laters.
DEMauritius chapter 12 . 2/4
Default on a loan to Jabba the Hutt can lead to that...
But with the militia Obi-wan trained, things are gonna be a lot more difficult for the mobsters.
I just hope the only problem is the default on the loan, and not more conspicuously the holonet research for Amidala : then the Empire would be onto them that much faster. But well, a Jedi's lead revolt against the Hutt's rule on Tattouine could lead to that too.
We'll see.
Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work !
pronker chapter 12 . 2/3
Oh no
Butter is Found chapter 12 . 2/3
Oh crap. Lukedontdie
FireShifter chapter 12 . 2/3
Oh no! Who's after Obi-Wan and Luke again?! Keep on writing and update soon!
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 12 . 2/3
hehe and then Jabba was burned.

poor guy and poor obiwan forgetting that all would be well if things went smoothly but THEY NEVER Do and I can already SEE the ncie wonderfull mess of the parents reveal now!

and more issues with Anakin and Obiwan... heh.

anyway! jabba getting himself defeated and killed with a healthy side order of destroyed... which will cause a stir and be memorable and MESSES.