Reviews for Unlikely Survivors
Omg, there are simply no words for the incredible was of this fanfic. Every chapter is better and fluffier than the last, it really is just amazing. Please update soon, these chaptwrs make my day better!
SiriusDancer chapter 12 . 2/16
Great reasons with how Patrocles is acting. I love it!
SiriusDancer chapter 11 . 2/14
That was great! Thanks for updating. I lovr angst like this between these two. I especially love the nickname; it's probably my favorite thing about your stories.
SiriusDancer chapter 10 . 11/15/2014
This is absolutely fantastic! I love all this h/c and trauma. It is perfect. Please keep updating! Patracles and Achilles is the cutest little family. This fluff is exactky what I want in a story. Thanks!
bluebirdheart chapter 10 . 7/30/2014
Achilles talk with Patroclus telling him he has his whole life ahead of him was great. These chapters are filled with great character development and emotion. Tackling these subjects are intense and you are portraying them well. Lasting scars from the battle. Heartbreaking moments. And scattered lives.

Keep up the good writing!
bluebirdheart chapter 8 . 7/30/2014
The torture those evil men put Patroclus through was horrible. I'm glad that Hector saved him. Achilles has every right to be angry.
bluebirdheart chapter 7 . 7/30/2014
I can't help but like Antilochus. Side characters tend to win my heart at times. I like Pat standing up for his cousin!
Also the ending of this was so bittersweet. I felt bad for them, but loved their interactions. Especially how Pat flinched away. And Achilles promised to never hurt him...again. So heartbreaking. But I loved every minute.
bluebirdheart chapter 6 . 7/30/2014
Patroclus's reaction and nightmares are very believable. And very heartbreaking!
bluebirdheart chapter 5 . 7/30/2014
Can't stand Agamemnon. And he is in greedy and vile character here. Well done with that!

Poor Achilles. And great story plot about him not being sure if he will fully recover.
green4556 chapter 10 . 6/13/2014
Great job :)
Mighty Agamemnon chapter 9 . 5/8/2014
This is a fairly well written fic. Your descriptions are vivid and the plot is original and has a very interesting take on Achilles' and Patroclus' relationship. But some things I had a problem with were first, no Thetis was not the only Goddess to care about her child and even in The Iliad Zeus cries tears of blood when Patroclus kills his son, Sarpedon, Ares also loses a child and tries to seek revenge but neither could do anything because it was their children's fates to die. Aphrodite saves her son Aeneas from dying because he was fated to survive and found Rome. So yeah.. Please don't say that the Gods didn't care about their children. And guardian angels are a monotheistic/Biblical thing and people from the Trojan War didn't know let alone believe in such things. But other than this, still a good fic!
Revolutionary Star chapter 9 . 5/2/2014
Those sweet babies! :'( stupid Agamenmon, Please update soon!
green4556 chapter 9 . 4/18/2014
Good Chapter
Poor Achilles :(
America Liberty chapter 9 . 4/18/2014
Ok! This review's going to be a little shorter, not much, but just a little because I am busy, busy tonight.

What I loved most in this chapter was the character development, or lack thereof. You set up a really interesting arch for Achilles to go through, as he is going through a rough time too and his first instinct is not to protect or heal his cousin and self, it's to get vengeance for the wrongs being done. This is such a strong and in character choice for you to make and it really gives you somewhere to go! Great job! He, when explaining to his cousin why he has to leave says that he "...has to go…" Which I found really interesting. He doesn't see this as only a way to avenge the wrongdoings done, he sees it as a way to get closure and heal himself, and a necessity, which I think is a really fun and interesting direction to go in. Nice job!

I find it interesting as well that Achilles let's Agamemnon go through a entire (really offensive) fist few sentences. He lets him throw around the word coward and tells him that he's under his command and really is being a general jerk, but what gets Achilles riled up, is when his parenting and protection of his cousin are called into question. He clearly feels inadequate and I believe I mentioned earlier that this is VERY in character and wonderfully played with! I can't wait to see more of this realistic and heartbreaking plot arc!

Antilochus is also a interesting character to me. I feel like I'm supposed to dislike him, but I don't. I think he wants what's best for Patroclus but I also think he's really out of place when he talks to not only a commanding officer, but a (former) friend like that. It could be a mini plot arc for him to try to get over his anger at Achilles. It's very hard for some writers to develop minor characters sufficiently, but you seem to be doing a great job of this! Keep it up! I also really like how sassy Antilochus it kind of makes me smile because he's such a teenager. This was the first real interaction with them and I really like the light you shed on both characters motives, I however, did want to smack him as well when he made comments about Achilles' ability to care for a child. That was kind of under the belt and not necessary, however, I think that brings us onto the next wonderful point!

Great development of Achilles with this conversation. When Antilochus told him he was a terrible guardian and not fit to care for his cousin I would have liked to smack him and expected Achilles to do so, Ithink you even wrote that in. He didn't however, which shows a really massive character development. I think that this shows he's putting other people above himself because he knows that destroying the relationship that Patroclus has with others would be negative and he knows that wrecking his own relationship with one of his own men would have been negative as well and a few chapters ago he was willing to kill Agamemnon, before he knew about the incident, for sheerly talking trash to him. Chapter 5, 6, or 7 I believe. I can't remember. This chapter, someone he trusted, says something terrible to him and he calmly (or maybe not so much) tells him to leave. Progress and well written character development! It's also subtle, which I love. You didn't write out something alone the lines of 'a week ago he would have killed him but now that he was trying to be a better person' you just showed and didn't tell. Wonderful and probably my favorite part of the chapter!

Actually wait, I changed my mind, my favorite thing was the way you took my advice, I can tell, and poked into triggers. I really think you're grappling with tough topics maturely and well. How many times do you think I'll say that by the end f this story :) ?

The blood most certainly would have been a trigger, which caused him to be untrusting of someone that he would normally trust and his flinch at the end of the chapter worked well and was way realistic! Great!

The ending was also good because one does go to what comforts them to most in a time of grief and I think it's progress for both of them to go to each other as opposed to keeping secrets and being guarded, even with each other, like in previous chapters! More character development!

Also, on a superficial note, I just thought the ending was really sweet too :) Way to go, guys, play with our heartstrings a little more, why don't you :)

So on a last note, the awards for character development go to the wonderful, amazing talented Spirtblaze and her equally wonderful amazing talented co-writer Horsetamer5!

Great job and update soon again!

green4556 chapter 8 . 4/15/2014
It so sad that Pat got beaten like this ..
Wonderful writing