Reviews for Keep Breathing, Stay Beating
Pericula Ludus chapter 3 . 7/21
You write that slipping consciousness so well. It's so much fun to read both Mitchell and George in this, their minds fighting with their bodies for the sake of their friendship. What a lovely, peaceful picture you paint even though the world might be falling apart outside their walls. Thank you so much for writing this and if you do get a chance to return to this story, I would absolutely love to read the rest of it!
Pericula Ludus chapter 2 . 7/21
It's so good to see Mitchell vulnerable and not in control for once! It also really shows just how much he must be struggling. Him remembering Josie really tugs at the heartstrings. You capture all of their characters so beautifully. I particularly enjoy Nina. She is quiet and in the background, but she does exactly what the others need, she is the good friend and the tough nurse all in one.
Pericula Ludus chapter 1 . 7/21
Oh this is beautiful! George's pain was just so tangible and I loved how Mitchell despite being so poorly tried to reassure him in what small ways he could. I particularly liked the bit about Mitchell and the war memorials. I live in a town that has a very strong military presence and did even more so during the world wars. Sometimes I see old men stood in front of the memorials or sitting in one of the military chapels in the cathedral and I always wonder what they remember. You put it beautifully, really capturing the old, old soul in Mitchell's young body. A wonderful first chapter!
Syntyche chapter 3 . 3/28
I'd love to read more of this if you ever continue it!
OMGDPA chapter 3 . 1/27
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS IS GREAT I LOVE IT AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW HE GETS BETTER!
Legoelf chapter 3 . 7/7/2014
Awwwww much sadness... And much goodness in your story :)
emilynightshade89 chapter 3 . 7/7/2014
:) keep up the good work! :D
waywarddaughter chapter 3 . 7/6/2014
This honestly might be one of the best stories I've read on this site!
I'm completely obsessed! I'm rather introverted and don't usually comment on anything, but I just had to say how good the writing and overall plot is.
If you don't update soon, I don't know what I'll do with myself!
Can't wait to read more!
TheHaloFreak chapter 3 . 6/30/2014
Great chapter! Hopefully the next one will come a little sooner, yeah? Poor George, I'm likening Nina in this story which is unusual for me. :D I hope Mitchell can get better...
Update soon!
SaphireInTheSky chapter 2 . 6/17/2014
I really enjoyed this! You're a great writer!
Amynion chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
Oh my poor heart... Perfect as always. I almost feel like I'm watching an episode on telly.

You nearly killed me when Mitchell talked about being on a register of heroes, so disgusted... Oh Mitchell :(

And then Josie, poor Josie... and George trying desperately to keep them all together. I love this, it hurts but I love it!
Chades chapter 2 . 2/23/2014
This is still not okay. Ouch. Reading this first thing in the morning might not have been the best idea. How depressing. (Still loved it!)
Amynion chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
STOP MAKING ME CRY DAMMIT XD

I feel like I've been suffering right along with George the whole time. I was so sure Mitchell was going to die, and then I actually felt bad he was alive because he was stuck in that "torturous purgatory" :(

And then amongst all the angst I actually smiled at George and the cabinet. Typical George, heh.

Perfect. Just perfect. If I highlighted everything I loved I would just be copy pasting the whole fic here. There are lots of little things I particularly love about your writing, just the way George wonders if Mitchell misses being warm, and his talking in Gaelic... They're not massive story changing things, but they sort of make things more real, more heartfelt.

The memorial scene was wonderful, and I love your allusion to the scene where Mitchell was snarling across the table. It's a scene I loved in the show, because you do get lulled into a false sense of security. You forget what Mitchell is... and I think they do too. It's the first time I really saw George acting as if Mitchell was dangerous. Whatever Mitchell did he always stood by his friend, so to see him backing off was quite unnerving.

So yes, very good. I can't wait for more :D
Chades chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
I just read this over on AO3 (but I can't remember my password and I'm too lazy to reset it atm)

Was this really necessary? Like, really? Your writing is amazing as always, I wouldn't have noticed that you haven't been writing regularly if you hadn't mentioned it.

Hahahaha..this didn't make me hurt at all. No,no..damn, I just got over his death on the show and now this. Ouch.

I'm agreeing with George, I'm not seeing how this could have a happy ending, but damn, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
anonom chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I think this is heartbreaking, in character and you should continue.