Reviews for Naruto: The Gamer
Squarekiddo chapter 9 . 8/18
Im out, its way to slow, and the story is abbonded so I know there wont be any actual progress before the last chapter.
10 chapters is a mere 2 weeks. drives me nuts.
Squarekiddo chapter 6 . 8/18
I like to think he wears the Jumpsuit to draw attention from his allies so they focus on him subconsciously.
Alas I know hes not smart enough for that thought process :C
mrandrewer chapter 17 . 8/9
Great story! Especially like how you display steady improvement on Naruro's part without making it seem MSueish and supplying basis for it and improved social interactions.
Hope to read more chapters soon.
mrttao chapter 12 . 6/28
Pretty good story overall.

That being said ch12 was a rather self indulgent bs and a bit sueish. Ino has supposedly been in the heads of many ninjas with the worst traumas, and suddenly naruto's break her? I am not trying to make light of his suffering, but considering all we know of the setting the "worst traumas" that ninjas have been exposed to should be pretty damn awful and plenty similar in scope and horror. Naruto's specific situation is not even that unique, see anko's treatment by the village after she was betrayed and experimented on by her idol and jonin sensei (orochimaru). If he merely overwhelmed her with kyubi chakra's might that would make sense. But that isn't what happened.
icemsn chapter 14 . 5/23
take out the less before disillusioned, tovbe disillusioned is to have belief of something lessened or removed, if any modifier word would be necessary it would be more, but it is not needed here
lokyyt chapter 17 . 5/18
more please keep typing and please reply
And your an ass of a writer who enjoys bashing naruto like nearly every other
Rangle chapter 9 . 3/26
Well, it is to be expected for him to get beat up by Lee but you do realize by doing this thing.. the way you make Naruto never win at any opponents make him look worst than in canon? Do you realize 9 chapters in Naruto never win a single spar to anyone? He grinds and grinds but there is never any actual concrete result? You should have given him a win against other opponents (Mizuki doesn't count because he didn't grind before fighting him). The point of being a Gamer is to get result from all the grinding. This is a pointless exercise the way he grinds and grinds so hard and can not even win ever. Do you honestly think people want to play a RPG like that? I suspect this is because you're so afraid of making Naruto to be OP but it's crossing the line that it's hurting the theme of the fanfic. Even Han Jee-Han had some victories after he grind some levels.
Rangle chapter 7 . 3/26
And everyone is going to become Pseudo-Gamers. That's what ended up happening to other Gamer fanfics. It seems like the Gamer skill doesn't actually help much to the protagonist but it's for buffing other characters.
Rangle chapter 6 . 3/26
At one point you gotta be careful not to limit Naruto's development too much. He did beat Haku and Neji without much training. Granted Naruto got a bit of helped from Kyuubi's power. At this point I have to say your Naruto is actually weaker than canon, LOL.
Rangle chapter 4 . 3/26
Well, if you go ahead and make Neji this way, there's no way TenTen and Naruto could retaliate and stay friend. And if you take this idea further, Neji will try his hardest to sabotage Naruto, which will succeed and Naruto will stay an idiot loser.
Rangle chapter 2 . 3/26
Hmm, I wonder if you'll go the same route as other authors making the other characters into Gamers as well or Pseudo-Gamers. In my opinion, it makes the whole premise bland.
Faery66 chapter 17 . 3/23
Hope to read more soon.

D
Drazen chapter 1 . 3/22
Makes no sense. Naruto should have gotten a huge boost in level after fighting mizuki. Naruto is lvl 1 and mizuki 21. In games, if u fight an enemy with a much higher lvl then you. You would get 3 to 4 times the exp compared to an enemy of the same lvl as you. The big difference in lvl, 20 lvls difference, should have given Naruto a humongous boost in exp. So by right, Naruto should have lvled up two or three times.
Peliaos chapter 17 . 3/6
makes me a little sad that the story that got me to get hooked on The Gamer hasn't updated in so long. Here's hoping that you're okay and it's just writer's block/lack of time that has kept you inactive.