Reviews for A Snowflake in Spring
gablen500 chapter 20 . 3/28/2014
I absolutely love this story I just found out about it a couple of hours ago and I have spent this whole time catching up. This is the best fic I have ever read, especially in the Frozen category
Benismarzman13 chapter 16 . 3/28/2014
I enjoy this story I made an account just so I could follow it. Also I wanted to re-post my review as a member::

Ok, so I recently got a tumbler and found the Frozen fandom, which was totally bad for me because it has now consumed my life, and then I heard about this story through a post. I'm not usually one to get into AU love stories, or love stories at all, but this is freaking amazing! I've read 16 chapters since yesterday. I'm totally in love with your writing style and the way you give just enough insight to the characters to keep me coming back for more. Keep up the outstanding work! (That is if you are working on a chapter 21- I'm trying to catch up as fast as I can, I promise!)
Ben chapter 16 . 3/28/2014
Saurum chapter 20 . 3/28/2014
After reading this all, I was surprised to see three hours had passed - and decided to see how long 77k words really was. Apparently, it's slightly longer than the first Harry Potter novel. I normally have the attention span of a four-year old who drank a Red Bull for reading. (Not that I've ever given a four year a RedBull. But that would be interesting. Infinite energy? Someone needs to research this further.) Congratulations, you win the internet. I really like the story - it's my favourite Elsanna story by far. I especially love how you have Meg from Hercules, and Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph. (I wonder how many other references I missed.) However, there are some things that you could take a look at. If, you know, you, like, wanted to. Anna doesn't rhyme with banana. At least not with my American accent. But, hey, no one said it had to rhyme. Also, Anna and Elsa blush a lot. Perhaps they should speak with their doctors... Overall, though, it's a great story. Please don't let it die.
Yandere Shoujo chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
I see you've got plenty of reviews and I doubt you'll even see mine for another week. But I'm gonna just be "that" reviewer. Starting off with Ms. Not Mary Sue. Anna's an odd case but after she got invited to the mansion I just can't help but to think of her as Seu-ish. Pretty, multiple love interests, everyone loves her, people magnet, almost literal angel, and all her faults come off as endearing. In the movie, true, she was endearing, but she was also unhealthily naive and stubborn. Same can be applied here, but it just doesn't have the same effect.

Second, Elsa. It's like she was planned to be 3 different characters. Sweet, shy yet regal like her movie self, then full yandere (OOC but could be worked out) and now I have no idea what direction she's going in. I'd have liked her reasoning for being in the institution to deal with something a bit more severe and possibly a dysfunction with her libido. Not something so tame. She's capable of functioning normally and not hurting herself or others around her, so I see no reason for her to be institutionalized. Unless you've visited, work at, or have studied mental institutions to prove me wrong.

Third, Hans and Megara. Different story arc and location, I get it. But I want to see more of what Hans is thinking. What his specific disorder is aside from being mad all the time. The DSMV has plenty to chose from in terms of rage issues. Also, this is the rated M expectation talking, but Meg could have easily tried to touch Anna without her consent. Rape as drama is over-done, but it's Meg. The hot girl and touch chick who tangoed with Hades in movie and in this medium is most likely used to getting whatever she wants since daddy clearly takes care of her.

Not to shite on your story or anything, but the problems just bubbled up for me when Anna got the full spotlight. I have enjoyed reading it, but once I get 20 chapters of sunshine and "Isn't Anna great?" I feel like I'm reading about Snow White or someone. But even she had a smokin' hot Queen who was ready to have her heart cut out. Any more blushing and flaring skin and I'm going to picture everyone as being red all the time. Let the girl act like a real teenager for a change, not an after school special poster child for positivity.

I honestly can't begin to list the positives since it might double the length of my post and your other reviewers have said possibly every praise possible.
Ooga Boogie chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
Anna doesn't rhyme with Banana. That's worse than changing Kristoff's name to Christopher for the story. Just saying. It's On-uh. Not Ann-uh.
GodfatherGaming chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
I'm just so happy with this series I think I'm in love, I swear to god if u end it any time soon I will hunt you down. I don't care if you have to kill off some characters or throw in a zombie apocalypse. YOU DO NOT END THIS SERIES!
23deecy chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
Thanks for the update and the fluff in this chapter :)
Zita chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
Sweeeeet! Jesus Second Time Reading This fic! Cant wait for the next chapter im so in love with this !
OptimusPrimeAddict chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
This story has a wonderful plot, is amazingly well-written and has made me cry like a baby, squeal like a 4-year-old in a candy shop and just act like a bumbling idiot in front of random strangers as I'm reading it in public. Thank you so much for writing this, it's just perfect and amazing and wonderful. Can't wait for more! :D
Hazel chapter 16 . 3/27/2014
I'm reading the part where Anna says to Kristoff that she'll just play Pokémon if she's bored and I'm like YES! Another person who likes Pokémon! Also, I love how Elsa loves to write and read. Those are two of my most fav things. I love your story, I think part of it must be because I relate to the characters a lot. Another part is DEFINATLY a good plot, and very awesome grammar.
TheYoungOne chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
up the incredible work you magnificent writer you. Part of me is super happy to have discovered this story, but another part of me is sad to have to wait for updates now. But I shall wait patiently. One must not rush the creation of a masterpiece ;)
TheYoungOne chapter 20 . 3/27/2014
My God... This fic is genius! The storyline, the interactions between the characters, inclusion of other Disney movie characters?! *Squeal* Keep
totojess chapter 20 . 3/26/2014
OMG I literally laugh out loud when I see ANNA BANANA LOLLLL
I love this story so much! I finish all 20 chapters in 1.5 days! I really want to see confessions between Anna and Elsa coz this pair is just incredibly cute! 33
Thank you so much for such awesome story! Pls Pls Pls update soon :))
endtroduction chapter 20 . 3/26/2014
Wow, this story. Where do I start?
I must confess that when I first read the description I was kinda afraid of how this was going to develop. Mostly because of the mental illness aspect. I've read stories with similar backgrounds in other fandoms and I was left unsatisfied and often frustrated with the portrait of mentally ill characters.

That really didn't happen to me in your story.
I love how you write Elsa here. At first from Anna's point view, letting us get used to this idea of her as the cute socially inept girl, to only later insert Elsa's own thoughts and perceptions. It was shocking, almost like a slap, to see her inner self and realize she is unstable and has a lot of "ugly" feelings, such as possessiveness and anger. It's also one more reminder of how oblivious Anna can be (towards both Hans' condition and Elsa's. And even Meg's feelings). I think it was a bold move you made, as a writer, since it could so easily backfire and make Elsa unlikeable/less endearing as a character. But it was very much necessary to have a complete perspective on her.
And it was spot on, in my opinion. Because a mental condition usually blurs the lines of reality, and it's hard not to be selfish - per say - when your own feelings ("the storm inside") are so overwhelming and everything else is so, let's say, distant. So, it's very interesting to see Elsa's dissonant, raw feelings and reactions. Especially when she progresses – such as when she hugged/comforted Anna after Han's violent rampage (and then left her with Kristoff), let her mother comb her hair and even looked at (!) her mother. When I read these moments I just want to hug Elsa. Actually, there are plenty of moments I just wanna hug the characters here. Anna, mostly. What a good person.
This is a really moving, well thought and well written story. It's lovely to follow Elsa's recovery and the development of her relationship with Anna. And oh the sadness. Oh the angst. I am very, very curious to see how this will go. Really looking forward to see how Anna's relationship with Meg and Hans will be written, and their thoughts about Elsa. And that missing moment of Elsa's past and how it helped to build her current identity. Also the reason why she connected so instantly with Anna and nobody else.
But my biggest curiosity at the moment is: why Elsa vilifies her sexuality so much? This seriously bugs me. I know it is pretty common for girls to feel bad/wrong about sex (because society is all "omg beware female sexuality" or even because of religion) and Elsa's pretty extreme in terms of feelings, but I am quite sure there is a specific reason for her to feel this way. Something that happened in her past, maybe. Well, I hope I am not wrong, haha.

Anyways, this is already painfully long, but I just couldn't help it. Such a wonderful story! Thanks for publishing it (:
5,476 | « Prev Page 1 .. 204 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 224 .. Last Next »