Reviews for A Snowflake in Spring
Blazingstar of ThunderClan chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
Hey Cel. :D I'm sorry, it's been a while since I last reviewed, even though I've been enthusiastically keeping up with every update. You are awesome, you know that? Seriously, I don't think I've ever known a more admirable author on here. You're so lovely, I enjoy you as much as I enjoy this story.
About the story. I read a few of the other reviews for this chapter, and I noticed several people complaining about the "glacial pace" at which things are moving. I just wanted to give you a different opinion on that: I like what you're doing with the pacing of this fic. Development is so important; I wouldn't love this story the way I do if it was like 65% of other Elsanna stories where it's all about lust, and they're kissing too soon and fucking by the third chapter. I want to feel at home inside the heads of these characters; I want them to really know themselves, their feelings, and each other before their relationship deepens. You're accomplishing that. Due to Elsa's mental sickness and the rough pasts between these two, that development will only take longer - as would also be the case in real life. You're doing a really rad thing by staying true to that. I've struggled with mental sickness myself, and it is so refreshing to have someone be so dedicated to accurately portraying how things are, rather than romanticizing an illness that is so painful for the one experiencing it and the people surrounding.
Another point I wanted to touch upon was when one reviewer claimed that this story was 'all about the fluff, and angst can be found anywhere'. I do admit that it was the sheer amount of fluff which originally had me hooked to this story. However, what you're writing is so much more than that. It's real. It's real, and that's only made me love it more. And honestly, how could people not expect angst? The premise of institutionalization is enough of warning lol.
Well. I enjoyed this chapter. :) Good backstory with Rapunzel, and I love that Elsa is realizing that "love is more than just desire". It's so great to get to see inside the heads of these two.
I hope you're doing well, Cel. :) I'll be here again next Sunday! Love ya.
ReleaseThroughWriting chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
So I started crying after the first paragraph...
And kept crying.
POOR ELSA OMFG I CAN'T EVEN.
Those voices are real bitches. Like, wow.
And the end of the chapter...
My God...
Elsa stILL WON'T KISS HER
URGHNESS
Guest chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
love that Elsa is finally facing her demons, I do hope the fluff comes back cause right now this is depressing as hell, i'm picking up that Elsa is making more and more sounds every now and then, hopefully 'Anna' will be the first thing she says.

I also hope the two get to know each other more as they still seem like strangers, I feel they need the groundwork of that sort of thing before anymore potential relationship can continue (though I admit I want them together already) but it wouldn't seem realistic in pacing if you just slapped them together now, so I understand pacing is crucial for you.

I'm not worried about Meg 'stealing' Anna from Elsa, because everyone knows Elsanna is endgame and Anna doesn't feel that way or is even aware of Meg's feelings. Kristoff is a big lug I miss too, but I was glad to see Anna call Rapunzel out on abandoning her and doing something for herself for once as she is a little TOO self-sacrificing at times in the story.

I want Anna to push Elsa a bit more because that's the way Anna is and if she tried to be anymore patient I feel that would break the character. So it's kind of a test really of how in-character can you make Anna?
Mother of Potato chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
Ohh Gosh! That is sooo awesome! I cant wait for more!
herlovethawedthefrozenheart chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
Oh no I hope they work things out, though it looks like they've already started too. I knew that question was going to cause something even if Anna didn't mean it. But at least Elsa didn't run away because she was mad. It's awful that Elsa blames herself
derpotato chapter 20 . 3/31/2014
This is meant to be for chapter 21, but i wrote a really bad review while i was high, this is my second try.

Okay, I don't know what got into me the first time. This chapter was actually very well written and stuff yada yada plot progression blah blah character development derp derpity herpa hurr derp.

What I was really trying to be a whiny b*tch about was this: I loved aSiS because of all the... I could trust you with your light-hearted, squeal-inducing, unique, and adorkable fluff. After r9k or any other damn elsanna fic ripped my heart out and raped it with horrifying methods, at the end of the day aSiS was what I could really look forward to.

Sure I may have thought the plot progression was a bit agonizingly slow but your lack of terrifying angst and cute interactions made up for it. And now, chapter 20 of the only happy fic i know, you pop this sh*t. Lately your chapters have really been dark. I really shouldn't be able to tell you where to take the story, but angst is something i can find in ANY other fic or in real life. You're taking away what made it so unique for me and maybe some other people. I just want you to know that.

What hurt the most wasn't a bad story, or an even overly terrible cruelty to my feels. What hurt me the the most was that I welcomed it with optimism and hope that maybe we'll make some progress with these COMPLETELY HOPELESS socially challenged girls, and all i got was a big hole in my feels haphazardly patched up with some... some promise for... what? more angst? Hey guys don't worry the next ten chapters are going to be about having a lot of trouble trying to fix their relationship and stuff. All the while Megara is actin like a cocky b*tch (go away Meg, Anna is Elsa's).

Welp, that's my two cents, but don't take my words too seriously. No matter what you do, i would still trust you, i just wanted that trust to go both ways so you know how I feel, and why. I needed to vent, but I still want you to understand what I said. I still love you Celery Sticks, so I'm sorry if that came across as a bit harsh. Please dont give up on me.

Potato out.
Kyoko-nyaa chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
waa. so much feels for this chapter. I'm really happy. :)))
Wow that was awesome
Serenity Saviour chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
(gross sobbing) that was a GREAT chapter!
p.s will meg ever confess her feels for anna?
cries havoc chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
Holy plot, Batman. Anna curled into a ball makes me sad, but having Rapunzel around is worth it. I hate to think of Anna's grief, but I am glad the anger is in there somewhere. And Elsa hears voices? That's certainly not standard for a mute. Deeper into the rabbit hole, we are.
Amy chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
You almost made me cry Celery. Almost. I hope you're happy.
Guest chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
I wasn't expecting this! AAAAAHHH! damn it, now I have to go to classes! D: how i am supposed to go with all these feelings? dasjkdhasfaf
Luniverse chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
Wow, this chapter was intense. I love it! 3
E.Elliot chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
OMG! I cried so much in this chapter!ç.ç
Dumb Katt chapter 21 . 3/31/2014
i almost wanted to cry there for a second ;-;
5,628 | « Prev Page 1 .. 204 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 224 .. Last Next »