Reviews for All That's Left
Guest chapter 2 . 4/28/2014
Wow your stories are fantastic! I really hope you continue to write House fan fiction! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
Really lovely exploration of House and his relationship to pain, Stacy and (of course) Wilson. Thank you for writing it.
Boo's House chapter 2 . 2/5/2014
Always a test! Between being a natural-born teacher and a game player, House can't just make a statement when a question will make the other person think. He has a need to draw the answer from the student, or friend, because it makes the other person better in the long run.

If I were to get all thinky, I'd say whereas House won't control because he hates being controlled, he will manipulate because it gives the other party the opportunity to response of their own volition. House gets his way, but no one can say that they were forced into an idea or action.

Great story!
anamq chapter 2 . 2/4/2014
Now I understand a bit the ending of the last chapter. It function's as a cliffhanger. I had assumed he had taken the morphine.

This story reads very well. It has a good pace. It seems it has a quicker pace than the previous chapter. It's also simpler, not so complex as the events on chapter 1. I think they kind of balance each other nicely.

I assume, "All that's left" is Wilson, then.

I enjoy reading it. Thanks for writing.
Flatpickluvr chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
No, I'm not ready for this to end! It's too good!
purpleu chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
Always love House and Wilson together, even if House doesn't have much to say. The combination for the lock was very clever, yet also made perfect sense. A tense chapter, that in the end, ultimately made you smile. Wonderful!
purpleu chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
A beautifully heartbreaking reminder of the pain that House lives with every waking moment. His weaknesses are exposed, but his determination to find a solution so well presented. This is a very difficult read, but so very worth it.
ViolettBlack chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
This story is so great!
IMO, it deserves another chapter which deals with the aftermath of House's breakthrough pain episode.
House choosing the date on which he first met Wilson in New Orleans as combination for the box with the morphine gave me all the Hilson feels.
MissBates chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
Enjoyed this story which seems to focus on House's pain, but ends up as a hymn on a very screwed up friendship.
KKBK2 chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
This story is so well done. Your description of the consequences of chronic pain are excellent. It is difficult to believe that Cuddy and Wilson are so oblivious to the effects and intensity of House's pain, chronic and breakthrough. Their denial of his pain is inexcusable. Thankfully Wilson's experiences with House in the past has made him more aware of the possible consequences of Cuddy's irresponsible actions giving him the placebo. I am glad he arrived when he did and was able to help.
I look forward to your next chapter. Thanks
Brighid45 chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
This had me wincing, both from Wilson's guilt (fully deserved on his part), to finding House in agony. But you wrote this perfectly-of course even in the middle of the most extreme situation, House would still play games with Wilson. That's so completely in-character you had me laughing out loud. That final exchange between Wilson and House is classic, and a total delight. I loved this story-it addresses House's chronic pain so beautifully, and does it the way House would do it. Excellent work! This one is definitely going on top of the Favorites pile :)
OldSFfan chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
Good exploration of Wilson's evolving understanding of how manipulative he and Cuddy are. At least Wilson redeems himself.
Girlfromdk chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
ahh I want to hug both these men right now.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Things I liked: the little story about Awi. The connections between that story, his father's mental abuse and House's fear of amputation. This is really interesting and explore a possible reason why House refused the amputation. I give kudos to you by your imagination in coming up with these important background. I also like the part immediately afterwards where House imagines looking at his leg and seeing nothing there – "He had looked down at his leg – and seen nothing". Very interesting stuff. One could do much with this line of thought.

I like the part when Stacy asks to see House's leg, especially this simple sentence: "I wan't to see what it's done to you. I need to see what I've done to you."

The thief part: this reminded me of my grandfather. He had also a tough childhood, and he also used to robbed his stepfather because his stepfather hide food from him. And his technique was to rob large quantities. He never go caught. His brother used to rob small quantities of food, and he was always caught. The brief appearance of John House is appropriately chilling. We can see the damage that he can do, the pleasure in instilling terror. Very very well done.

I like the part about the crutches and how it is written.

I thought the ending could have had a little more punch to it. It feels a bit incomplete. It needs one last sentence, in my opinion.

Overall, it's a good chapter. I wonder how the story will progress. Good work.
HOUSEocdfan chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Wow! I Love it - that episode happens to be one of my favourite. Can't wait for more - please update soon :)