Reviews for The Sunshine Falling Over the Mountains
xxAJL1990xx chapter 2 . 7/11/2018
Almost never read it, it didn't have an appealing title or summary, perhaps not enough detail, but I thought I'd give it a chance after so many mediocre stories of the type I usually do read. This is one of those stories.. "Don"t judge a book by it's cover". It's one of the best I've read in a while xD
kmssports16 chapter 2 . 7/13/2015
I loved it, and for the record I think you made Oliver sound just as complicated as he makes himself.
SassyReaderGirl chapter 2 . 5/16/2015
Nicr
SassyReaderGirl chapter 1 . 5/16/2015
So much agony. I can't even take the sad feels.
sakura8589 chapter 2 . 8/21/2014
Hi! so i know you asked us not to comment if we didn't like the story... but i still wanted to command you on your writting! I didn't like the story at all but i really like your writting and think you are a talented writter, your writting is the reason i finished your story... so congrats!
Verity Kindle chapter 2 . 5/30/2014
Cool! You surprised me with the "thirty years later" thing.I was expecting the standard fanfiction trope "Felicity changes her mind at the VERY LAST MINUTE before her wedding". Anyhow, this was a great ending and ultimately better than any trope. I'm glad Mark got bumped off and out of the way. There, I said it! No takebacks.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Yay for alternate happy ending! woooo my damaged feels will heal in the next chapter, but I love the angst!
heartstremble chapter 2 . 4/19/2014
While the shipper in me doesn't like that it's taken him nearly thirty years to grow some balls and get together with Felicity, the rational side understands Oliver's belief in and determination for redemption and putting his city's safety first. I really do think Oliver being the Arrow would get in the way of any relationship, especially with Felicity, so I think you're spot on with this take. I also think you did better than you believe with Oliver's point of view; he /is/ complicated and you did it right by showcasing his very analytical thoughts. Plus he's not so much an emotion kinda guy (though you can see how much that's grown).

"Oliver hopes she can taste the promise on his lips."
- Jesus. I feel a little weird shipping people in their late fifties / early sixties.

I did a time jump for two fandoms and wasn't met with very positive opinions on that too, and it certainly feels different writing it from reading it.

Anyway, main points: Oliver is ruled by his brain and sense of heroism, this time jump to almost thirty years for them to get together is therefore realistic, and you did some good writing :)
heartstremble chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
(Hello! loved in shades of wrong here with a brand spankin' new penname.)

What a strong opening! Felicity's quite the firecracker when she's mad.

It's so sweet of Oliver to provide Felicity with the one thing she can't have, even though it's so she can share it with someone else. Money is not an issue for Oliver, so it may seem like nothing, but for someone who didn't grow up with a silver spoon in one's mouth, it must've confused Felicity, while at the same time have her heart clenching like no other.

The argument was so full of passion and Oliver's thoughts and movements really breaks your heart. You can so tell he's in love with her and just the sight of her hurt; her tears filling up and then spilling over - it's enough to forget he's angry and daMN IT WHY AREN'T THEY TOGETHER

When he speaks his voice is filled with a strong sincerity that is much louder than those three words ever will be. "I just want you to be happy."
- That right there is why they aren't. God. Sometimes Oliver can be both stupid and fantastic.

People seem to show their best when writing angst, though. They pull out their guns and shoot words straight to my heart. And that, my friend, is what you did.

Off to the next chapter.
not-past-tense chapter 2 . 2/16/2014
This is beautifully written... I had mixed feelings about the passage of time because the fact that they wasted all that time made my heart hurt a little (okay closer to a lot). I mean, was Oliver really ever happy in those 26 years that he wasn't with Felicity? At the same time, I understood why he had to let her go, why they had to wait as long as they did. I'm just glad it finally happened. This is really an amazing take on their relationship! Wonderfully done! Now all I ask is for some major fluff ;)
Murgy31 chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
I enjoyed this You should keep writing!
Guest chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
Oops my review was cut off! What i meant was personally it would have been nicer if they got together earlier or sooner than 60 but am happy they are now with each other
Guest chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
Great work and i loved it!...though personally it would have been nicer if they got together sooner than
Jen chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
First, I've got to say, you are waaay too hard on yourself! This was very good. Rather brave, considering where you went with it, and very well written. I think you got the characters down rather well and good job with your first Oliver POV, you should be proud of yourself. I think you met the challenge very well.

I missed the first chapter the other day, so read the whole thing today (and I'm kind of glad I got the whole thing at once). Wow, bittersweet is the word of the day. Not sure what was in the water Olicity fans were drinking today, but this was yet another fic that had me near tears (so good job there!). Talk about taking "if you love something, set it free" to heart, goodness. Tough to read at times and there's something about future fic (or I should say, fic set in the characters' far future) that always hits me particularly hard. I thought you handled Oliver's thought process really well and he is actually pretty complex so I think you did well, there. Loved seeing Felicity's kids and seeing her as a mom. Lovely, if bittersweet, but with a nice romantic ending. Great job!
Guest chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
How could anyone NOT like this? It's was wonderful. I think Oliver is more complex than he lets on, and I loved your take on his POV.