Reviews for The Effect of a Horse and a Dragon
Alcov chapter 9 . 5/13
Ahahh glad I finally got around to reading this. I could just see ranma calling up benezia and complaining for help and her telling him the shadow broker had kidnapped him and then freaking out that he might be at its headquarters all alone with that info
Mugen-Muse chapter 9 . 5/12
The Citadel Council and Shadow Broker really didn't know who they were messing with. Though now I wonder if Ranma just became the new Shadow Broker or will Ranma be giving the position to someone else? I mean there is the third option of simply tearing down the whole Shadow Broker network, but that might be a bit too chaotic even for Ranma. Probably.
RyMalice chapter 9 . 5/9
Eh, this is probably your weakest chapter so far of this story. You definitely gave Herb far more attention and progress than you did Ranma. It really feels like he is the main character as Ranma is insanely weak in comparison to your other stories I've read and doesn't provide much overall. You seem to have made him slightly more intelligent than canon, but he's still an idiot most of the time. At this point in the story, Ranma is essentially a background character that you pull out for fights or for humor, but Herb is obviously the one in command and is the main focus of the story. Hell, you described his armor in detail and then glossed over Ranma's armor and didn't even give a good or constant description of the colors. Is it red and black, green and gold... you keep changing the colors on Ranma's armor. What happened to the yin yang symbol? That was referenced once and then never again. Meanwhile you spend lots of time describing Herb's hair color and style on various occasions, his various interactions with people, and even his thought process.

And then there is the power difference between Ranma and Herb. You seem set on keeping Herb more powerful than Ranma due to his dragon heritage, but you seem to have forgotten something about the style you had Ranma learn. If he spent as much time learning to channel his ki into metal, use his ki to melt metal and protect himself from heat, etc... all of that would have worked to build his reserves and the strength of his ki like crazy! That alone should have put Ranma on equal ground to Herb at the very least. Even in canon their power wasn't that different when they fought. Herb had more tricks and destructive techniques for sure, but Ranma was able to match him and eventually defeat him. Here though, unless Ranma masters the cat fist (and you opened the door for him to work on that and had him completely reject it), the way you have built up Herb, he would beat Ranma 7 out of 10 times. If Herb is meant to be the main character, that's fine... just label the story properly so we don't get false expectations, please.

Also, ngl, the addition of your OCs makes it tough to connect with the story. Just seeing the name Otaku broke any emersion I had while reading, as the name is obviously meant to be funny but it falls flat. Had Usagi and Otaku just been tempory characters, that would have been one thing, but seeing as they have stuck around... the joke's lost its humor. I wish you had found ways to use legitimate characters from Mass Effect to build their crew instead of silly named OCs. I usually love reading your stories, I'm eagerly waiting for the next chapters of Stallion and ATP, but so far this story just doesn't have the flair of the other ones I've read.

Anyway, figured I'd combine the notes I've made of the precious chapters all into one review, so I apologize for the length of this review.
DeathCrawler chapter 9 . 5/2
great chapter look forward the next one's
firelordeg chapter 9 . 5/1
thank you for sharing another fantastic chapter as well as for all the time and effort put into this story please continue to update as soon as life allows
l4w chapter 9 . 5/1
Good chapter and I like the arcs of where Ramna and Herb went.
I am a bit surprised that Herb and Wrex are getting along well, I thought that Wrex and Ranma would be a better buddy cop idea.
Looking forward to more
Thanks
DarkKing666 chapter 9 . 5/1
Oh, I like this development. Always nice to see the Council get kicked around.
syneb chapter 9 . 5/1
I'm gonna be honest: I came to this story for Ranma, not Herb. I couldn't give even half a fuck about what Herb does. The confrontation with the Council was interesting, but the fact that 90% of this chapter was focused on Herb, with the remaining bits being divided between Usagi and Ranma, made me a bit bored.
Meck Viking chapter 9 . 5/1
well now i wonder what will happen to the network. will the wild horse channel nabiki? this continues to be a great as interesting story.
well that went poorly for both the Council and the Shadow Broker
Sorry, not really interested in an herb centric chapter so I main skimmed it.
mad thought chapter 9 . 5/1
Ranma using his brain? Oof he took 10 damage.
myafroatemydog chapter 9 . 5/1
Damn good chap
Tribernator chapter 9 . 5/1
Geez, herb gets to be in the citadel to make contacts and learn all sorts of things. Meanwhile ranma gets a death battle and has to figure his way around a mostly deserted area and when word gets out that he killed the shadow broker, as im sure it will, that will cause even more havoc in the universe. Im thinking as soon as he figures out how to make a call he needs to contact benzia or someone else with the connections to help him get out of this mess.
shugokage chapter 9 . 5/1
Great job on this chapter and interesting scenes!