Reviews for The Effect of a Horse and a Dragon
yurei king chapter 4 . 6/24
Once again I find myself captivated by a story you have written. I'm glad I came across your Horse of the Dead and the rest of your additions to the Ranma fanfiction community.

Incredibly curious to see where you'll be going with this.
ChaosRune chapter 4 . 6/19
It's odd how much of a prude Ranma and Herb are here, they are almost as bad as their canon counterparts, do they even have hormones?
Sonkuragari chapter 4 . 6/18
I greatly enjoyed reading The Effect of a Horse and a Dragon and eagerly await more chapters! You had mentioned you wouldn't be able to get around to playing the games through again til the next summer, so since that was last year and summers just begun, I'm hoping you've started playing through again to get more inspiration. I uh...I'm sorry to say I didn't get the Dr. Who reference, I thought it was some song from Lexx she was singing...wonder if anyone even remembers that show...Anyway, I'm curious as to whether the entire crew (aside from Ranma and Herb of course) of their ship is going to be Asari, I'm kinda hoping there'll be a few more likeable oddballs like Usagi on the crew (I frickin LOVE Usagi by the way!).
Wrin chapter 4 . 6/16
This was kind of fun, but I'm not terribly fond of the ME universe so I don't think I'll be following it. In answer to your question: no I didn't get the onomatopoeia, sorry. Also: why does the new ship have ME railguns on it? I thought that required element zero, which Ranma and Herb would most likely refuse to have on board if they could. Maybe they compromised or something, I don't know. Anyway, despite my predisposition against some of the story elements I really did enjoy this. Thank you.
AnthonyR89 chapter 4 . 6/11
interesting story and i hope you continue it at some point. one thing though, it's called the extranet, not the intraweb.

i'm also pretty sure that Anderson, at least, should be a captain by this point. he is a veteran of the First Contact War, after all. and Hackett should probably be a Vice Admiral at this point, at the very least. By the beginning of Mass Effect 2, he's the head of the entire Alliance Navy. i don't care how big a victory that is, a bureaucracy isn't going to jump a one star flag officer to a four or five star one.
Seth chapter 4 . 6/1
The story has been good I hope you'll make more chapters in the future
Bluesnowman chapter 4 . 5/14
Very very good work just like your other stories I have read.
najex chapter 4 . 3/4
I would realy like this one to be continued.

I think Omega is a place our 2 robin hoods could do a lot of good.
Or just hang around at the edge of Batarion terretory and wait for a slave round and kick there ass when they do.
Or have them go and whipe the floor with cerberus.
Or just jump stait into the Collectors attempting to abduct them.

Not sure how you would get Samara involved unless you have them run into Morinth on Omega or someting.
Priest chapter 4 . 2/23
I like this story, and would love to see more. The only thing I know about Mass Effect is what you have written here and I look forward to learning more in the future.
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 4 . 2/10
I think the problem with this story is that you're putting too much emphasis on the changes that Ranma and Herb are making. I think what you need to do at this point is show how some of those changes are now effecting THEM in turn. Granted, you've already got the Shadowbroker and Cerebus gunning for them, but it doesn't feel like an immediate or threatening issue to them at this point.

Also, I think another problem is that you seem to have the boys more or less leading a social/technological/spiritual revolution. While I don't have a problem with that, per se, the thing that really sticks out to me is how these two backwoods martial artists (who had practically zero interest in technology and weaponry beforehand) are now pushing for the development of radically new spaceship designs and technologies? I guess you can argue that Herb's voracious appetite for knowledge could help bridge that gap, it feels too much like you're making him into a latent self-taught super-genius. Now, I have no problem with them giving the designers ideas and specifications for what and how they want their ship to maneuver and handle, but I DON'T think they should be taking an active role in actually designing it themselves. That feels FAR too OOC! And even if Herb and Ranma have been studying the technologies involved since they first got here, I strongly doubt that that would've been enough time for them have gotten educated enough in them to give anything more than ideas to the university-graduates who've spent all their lives around and learning about these technologies like the ship designers probably are.

That aside, the idea of them being galactic-scale wandering mercenaries (for lack of a better term or comparison) exploring the galaxy and doing good deals where and when necessary is very good and interesting idea. It fits quite appropriately to their characters and I really, REALLY would like to see it come to fruition.

Just, please, don't focus on them to the exclusion of the Mass Effect-canon storyline. Part of what makes ME so awesome is the characters involved and the crises and challenges they have to face on galactic and personal levels. And you know, it might've been fun to write a chapter dedicated to one of those characters (like maybe Shepard or Wrex) who accidentally bump into one or both of the boys without knowing who or what they are until much later? Like say, Shepard was in the middle of a mission to rescue a hostage and noticed Ranma who was near the site. He and his unit go in, guns blazing, and only after the fighting's ended realizes that the hostage has already been rescued. Later he recognizes the description that the captive gives of his rescuers as the young man he'd glimpsed before the fight. Shepard decides to try and keep an eye out and an ear open for that kid again, so he can meet them personally if possible. Just an idea of what I was trying to explain earlier.

Regardless of all that, PLEASE try to update this story more frequently.
Cerberusx chapter 4 . 1/19
Interesting chapter. A lot of good perspectives were shown quite well. Though I'm curious about how Ranma and gang will power the ship. I thought they refused to use Eezo. And the ship design surprised me. I would have thought they would have gone with something less wide and more narrow like a shark design. Can't wait for more.
Cerberusx chapter 1 . 1/18
So I'm confused. I thought Ranma and Herb were no longer cursed. So why did Ranma turn into a girl exactly.
Randoh chapter 4 . 1/6
Very very interesting. I like how you blended the two worlds together and having herb be ranmas companion is something different. The contrast between the two is something that bears watching but it seems to work.
bloodydeath13 chapter 4 . 12/22/2015
This is great I would love to read more
Tomon chapter 4 . 12/12/2015
Well, given that I love Mass Effect I quite surprised that this story didn't manage to capture my interest as well as other of yours. On the other hand that doesn't mean that this isn't a good story or that I would be very glad seeing a update. Just when compared to the rest of your tales I read so far I would prefer more of them :)
Maybe it's because I feel that Herb and Ranma are too overpowered for this kind of setting, still if you want them to really change the universe they probably need to be but not only they're stronger then biotics, can repel fire with their bodies and Ranma can even build a superb armor they also quite immidietly started to pushing Mass Effect universe technologicaly. Still the idea with Leviathans and eezo is nice one if I managed to understand your motives correctly :)

So overall a very good story but not quite up to your standarts in my opinion. Still definitely worth reading :)