Reviews for Trust and Providence
Sey77 chapter 5 . 10/14/2015
I love the closeness between Matthew and Mary.
Palindrome310 chapter 8 . 10/14/2015
Matthew and Mary riding together is the best! Something I always wanted to see in canon. I'm glad Mary defended Matthew. So, Cora didn't lost the child! It's the first story I read with this scenario. I always wonder if Mary would have accepted Matthew without the title in canon, I think Pamuk wasn't the only reason she doubted, the change of lifestyle is a reasonable factor for someone with her upbringing. I have always thought that she wouldn't have accepted the proposal without the inheritance at the end of Series 1 but she would have at the end of Series 2. Very curious about the direction this will take.

I liked that Mary didn't accept Robert's hand and Robert's reflection of the unborn child as unknown.
Palindrome310 chapter 7 . 10/12/2015
I loved the part about the appearance of timelessness downstairs. Robert's behaving outside protocol was interesting, he's conscious that all of them have a role to play in the system. The awareness of having a life managed by servants following protocols and traditions was amazing. It makes more understandable why Carson blames himself and the consequences of having a part of private life in others' hands.

It was interesting to see Thomas's thoughts. I doubt he would have really helped Mary, his concern still is how the family's real power affects him.
Palindrome310 chapter 6 . 10/12/2015
It was great that Matthew turn to Violet first. Matthew still trust too much, he doesn't suspect Evelyn, it's reasonable that Violet has suspicions. Robert and Violet are similar, their train of thought went to the same place. I loved that Matthew keeps looking for evidence to make a judgment, that's a lawyer's mind.

Violet not liking to be unintentionally amusing is simply perfect. The advice of making one's wife happy made me smile.
Palindrome310 chapter 5 . 10/12/2015
You're right that we need Sybil's ball! Very nice depiction of the falseness and dangers of polite Society. Evelyn's thoughts were interesting to follow. The possible motive for the Turkish Ambassadress wa interesting, gossip for gossip's sake has its limits.

Matthew made a mistake again, he's trust too much and there are mean people all over the room.

Matthew and Mary's private moment was nice. I loved that he noticed and appreciated that Mary haven't heard anything and was trying to know. I love Austen, butbit's also my headcanon that Mary isn't fond of her. She will probably would have read Wharton.
Palindrome310 chapter 4 . 10/11/2015
It so sad and terrible what Isobel suffered! The worst is that, as she said, is a common reality. Isobel was great, wanting to comfort Mary, giving advice to Matthew and sharing her story because she thinks it will help moment one she believes Matthew kill Pamuk was an excellent example of the times we an event happens and our view of someone familiar changes. The fading memories of Dr. Crawley were very touching, as well as their reassurances in their religious beliefs.
Palindrome310 chapter 3 . 10/11/2015
OMG! Matthew thought Robert knew! Robert's change from strong and angry to defeated was excellent. Cora managing everything in the interlude was precise. Very touching moment between Robert and Mary. I was shocked when Violet said that it was the first time she heard it was forced! I'm so glad Matthew intervened, as it was mentioned, Mary's interpretation is still blaming herself. Excellent point about how she didn't have the choice to control what happen, only how and that it wasn't right. The moment between Matthew and Mary, including sending him off, was sweet!
elysium009 chapter 37 . 10/11/2015
Another great chapter! Can't wait to see how Anna and Bates approach Matthew and Mary!
eyeon chapter 37 . 10/11/2015
Truly an amazing chapter. How many times I've wished we could have seen this part of Mary and Matthew's relationship, not to mention Sybil and Tom and Anna and Bates! So is there a little Bates on the way? Delightful and wonderfully long! Also good about Mary and her "new" situation in society. Bless you and all your betas!
Stephanie chapter 37 . 10/11/2015
I am surprised that Mary and Matthew have another son. I assumed that they will have a girl. But never mind, they will have a girl next time. Your writing is highly profesional. I'm glad you were not implicated unnecessary drama into the story and you show very compelling picture of life. I look forward to the next chapter. Mary's strong personality and I like a devotion and love between Mary and Matthew.
Sarai chapter 37 . 10/11/2015
They need 2 girls.
Palindrome310 chapter 2 . 10/11/2015
Very nice introspection of Robert's point of view as a father and male in a house of women. It was interesting to find out about their perspective of arrange marriage and why hide feelings. I haven't thought about it before but it makes sense. I'm enjoying the exploration of inner life in their reactions and interactions with other. Matthew's formality and brief moment of fear and Mary smile were priceless.
Guest chapter 37 . 10/10/2015
Great characterisation, once again in this chapter... reading the way you write is like stepping into someone's house and being a fly on the wall - adds real colour and a blunt realism to the story as a result.

Hmm, going to be interesting how M M grow in their relationship as some of the typical cracks that one sees already appearing. Poor Mary! I'd be sacking that damn cook. And it is interesting that in the canon DA as well she seemed to not have a close friend or two either.. way you are winding it into her challenges as she tries to make sense of a middle class existence works very well here.

Will look forward to the next instalment.
Apollo888 chapter 37 . 10/10/2015
Some really nice insight into their new domestic life. I like how Mary was distraught but didn't wallow in it. She just got on with what was required, as she often does. So nice to see them with two sons.
theMatthewReview chapter 37 . 10/10/2015
Many many thanks for this sweet sweet chapter! Mary and her three boys ... :)

Lovely that Matthew's first reaction upon hearing that they had another son and that Mary was doing well was to thank the Author of life!

This is all turning out so lovely... though I trembled inside when I read the words 'Flintshire', 'Duneagle' and 'Christmas' all in close proximity. You are telling this story magnificently...
693 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »