Reviews for Trust and Providence
tammyteresa64 chapter 36 . 9/18/2015
Very good love how you worked Tom and Sybil making the announcement and Mathew coming to the rescue and then Robert and Cora talking about it. Love your AU - seems like things might run a little more smoothly for them.
Sarai chapter 36 . 9/18/2015
love it
theMatthewReview chapter 36 . 9/18/2015
So good to read this chapter - 'I could not put it down'. The scene of Matthew teaching Edward to ride is delightful, and the drama of what has just happened with Sybil and Tom is MAGNIFICENTLY paced.
(and Matthew is such a peacemaker... :) )

Kudos and blessings! Take care... :) E.
Rap541 chapter 36 . 9/18/2015
Psst! Matthew? Tom? It's called abstinence... offers a high school sex ed pamphlet

I greatly enjoyed Robert's outrage and Edith sliding in at the end with that caring gesture... Very nice!
sara-bengtsson chapter 30 . 9/11/2015
I have recently discovered this story, and I can say it was love at first sight. I love that everything isn't picture perfect, but that you show the simple awkwardness that can make itself known in a relationship. You write very well, and have captured the characters exceptionally good!

With this last chapter, I can't wait to see what happens to Lady Mary. I find interesting to see how the family were to cope with Mary having the flu (or some other discomfort, you as a author have made up for her) in her condition.
elysium009 chapter 35 . 9/6/2015
Your writing is supurb! However, at times it tends toward preachiness and that personally turns me off. I look forward to reading more!
pies'n'lies chapter 35 . 9/5/2015
Oh gosh I'm quite excited for the the next chapter. I wonder how Robert is gonna take the news ;D
pies'n'lies chapter 32 . 9/5/2015
I love the ending of this chapter
elysium009 chapter 12 . 9/3/2015
Phew, this chapter got rather too preachy.
AtLoLevad chapter 35 . 9/3/2015
There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this chapter. Everything was so spot on and perfect I reread it like four times. Sybil's journey to becoming a doctor is just so fun and realistic, in that it didn't just happen overnight. I love that she and Tom talk about things and aren't letting the wait get between them. Also, Violet's interference is so perfectly in character and amusing! I love her little quips too! And I'm glad you had her make the comment about Clarkson. It really adds a layer to his character as well!

And oh my gosh! Baby #2 for Matthew and Mary! I squealed a little bit, I won't lie. Thank you for giving them everything Fellowes wouldn't!

I do have to say that my favourite part of the chapter was when the family was all in one room and Edward was being helpful with George! I also love the mental image that is Matthew taking both boys for a little walk! That scene was just pitch perfect!
lilyrowan1 chapter 35 . 8/31/2015
A great chapter!
It's clear that you've given a lot of thought to the whole medical school issue and it shows in the dialogue between Sybil and the dean. I think what you present is a very realistic portrayal of expectations for women-and men-marrying. But poor Sybil and Tom: keeping their marriage a secret and waiting so long for children! Very much looking forward to reading how that all plays out.
I love what Tom says about what Robert contributes to the running of the estate. It's quite true and will be important as their plans progress.
I was sure Mary was pregnant! But now I'm worried that she will have trouble due to her lungs and being so worn out. . .
I always love the scenes with George and Edward, and love Matthew with them both.
Granny's comment about Clarkson's wife was so touching and written so well.
Looking forward to the next chapter!
Guest chapter 35 . 8/31/2015
How clever! I don't think anyone could argue with what you did with Sybil becoming a doctor. It was true to the time period and to the characters. I loved that Violet was secretly helping her. What I love most about this story is how everyone supports each other. The Crawleys act like a family even if they have their differences. I'm sure M/M will stand up to Robert on Tom's behalf at the announcement. PLease don't have a traumatic birth for Mary! I think we've had quite enough of those on the show. So Mary and Sybil will both be investigating birth control? That should be interesting!
Guest chapter 35 . 8/30/2015
Great stuff. The medical school interview was first class - really clever writing. I have never had much time for Sybil thinking her a bit of a selfish brat (Tom for me any day) but you do redeem her in this chapter. She does think of Tom and what effect her plans will have on him - so glad to see this side of the relationship at last. Love how Violet knew about them - that wily old bird misses nothing! No doubt sparks will fly next chapter when they tell Robert - looking forward to that! Finding an update to this wonderful story always cheers me up - thanks!
judyl1 chapter 35 . 8/30/2015
I loved how you dealt with Sybil's problem. She and Tom have a long road ahead, but at least now they can be together. I loved how Violet knew. That was very in character. Great job.
Downton lover chapter 35 . 8/30/2015
Congratulations - this chapter was truly outstanding! I think you have done a brilliant job with the medical school story. You have not glossed over the difficulties Sybil faced with study, marriage etc and you have written a plausible way round them. No small feat - testimony indeed to the thoroughness of your research and writing ability. It will be difficult to keep the marriage secret though and Sybil and Tom do not seem likely to go in for abstinence, so children may well come along. Perhaps Sybil better get a hold of 'Married Love' though Tom, being Catholic, may balk at contraception. And Mary is pregnant too - wonderful though it is clearly a bit too soon healthwise. This story is just a wonderful absorbing read and I much prefer it to Fellowes version!
693 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »