Reviews for Trust and Providence
Oniton chapter 34 . 8/9/2015
Only correction I could see that would have to be made is that they wouldn't use Waterloo when travelling from Yorkshire. they would use Kings Cross instead.
tammyteresa64 chapter 34 . 8/9/2015
Great update. Interesting and great perspective - if the baby had lived and Mary and Matthew married. I can see several months passed and I guess there was no picnic for Tom and Sybil :) I am glad you named their baby George.
ScarletCourt chapter 34 . 8/8/2015
Another interesting chapter. Can't wait to find out what happens at Sybil's interview. Also want to know whether Robert choose to follow Matthew and Tom's ideas for Downton.

BTW, in an earlier chapter, Tom talks about the Easter Rising being six short weeks. I know that was what he said on the show, but the Easter Rising was actually only six days long from Easter Monday, April 24, 1916 to April 29, 1916, so it would be nice if you were to choose to correct that.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
eyeon chapter 34 . 8/8/2015
Another great chapter! I'm wondering whether Robert has something to do with Sybil's missing test grade? What will Matthew and Tom do if they lose their job?
Sarai chapter 34 . 8/8/2015
awesome
Leni chapter 34 . 8/8/2015
Maybe Mary is tired beceause she is pregnant. It would be nice. New baby into new house!
Apollo888 chapter 34 . 8/8/2015
Lots happening here. I like how Matthew is his usual stoic self, to a point, in dealing with these new developments and Mary is getting on with what is a big life change for her. Oh, Robert...there isn't anything more to say about how you always seem to mess things up.
Rap541 chapter 34 . 8/8/2015
Aw poor Matthew, cast out of his wife's bed! How will they complete their quest to do it in every room of Downton if Mary is going to "be tired" all of the time? ;)

Good story, keep going!
Guest chapter 33 . 8/3/2015
Here are the relevant details from the 1928 Medical Women's Federation survey of 1000 members and their occupations:
- 406 GP
- 156 public health
- 140 specialists
- 127 hospitals/institutions
- 36 research
- 90 retired (18 temporarily "presumably while they had young children.")

Number of women doctors on Medical Register (U.K. Census)
1876 - 2
1909- 848
1911 – 930
1921 – 2100
1931 – 5300
Women were 10% of all doctors in the 1930s
35 universities in the UK admitted women on the same terms as men by 1914. (for readers who believe there was a standard marriage bar in university admissions, what is the source for that? It should also be remembered that university admissions were not standardized until mid-century.)
In the 1930s, Charing Cross Medical School had more women students than men.

It was certainly no walk in the park for women in the early 20th century, but the rate of women doctors more than doubled during the war decade and the subsequent postwar one. It's the author's prerogative to decide if Sybil Crawley was one of the women. But please let's not dismiss all the extraordinary woman who fought and achieved before their time with broad-strokes like 'women couldn't work and have a family.' England's first woman doctor, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, her husband and three children (including a physician daughter) would heartily disagree!
ScarletCourt chapter 33 . 7/29/2015
Interesting AU. Looking forward to more.
AtLoLevad chapter 33 . 7/26/2015
Oh! Welcome to Downton, Baby George! This was just such a wonderful chapter. Mary and Sybil's conversation was just a joy to read as was Tom and Matthew's. I love the dynamic between the four of them and I'm so glad that this fic gives me the chance to read more of it. But oh gosh! I'm just so excited to see Mary and Matthew as parents. The last scene of them caring for George was just an adorable read
Lady Rosie chapter 33 . 7/22/2015
Still an avid new reader! Love how you handled George coming into the world. That gave me so many good feels! Damn you Fellowes! Poor, poor Tom though! You really can't expect him to carry on waiting for years more to marry Sybil. He's already half mad for want of her and something just has to give - surely? You portrayed the dilemma the pair of them face so well. Great, great story. You are doing a fine job with these ships!
MMarieRose chapter 33 . 7/21/2015
Really liked this chapter. Good characterisation; the dilemmas facing Sybil and Tom were realistic, and nice to bring in Napier and Blake and all the twists and turns that could come of that!
judyl1 chapter 33 . 7/21/2015
I loved how you reworked the birth of George. It was just perfect.
Guest chapter 33 . 7/21/2015
Just so brilliant! Love what you have done to mary and matt here. You are even making me ship tom and syb. A real tour de force!
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »