Reviews for Trust and Providence
Guest chapter 33 . 7/21/2015
Unlike your other Guest reviewer I am not pulling for Sybil to be accepted into her programme! It is just not realistic - despite what many 21st Century readers wish. Even if she was accepted - and it is an extremely long shot and strings would have to be pulled - it would put off her marriage to Tom for years. That is also a big ask! Love this story though! Thought it was a hoot that both T&S thought the other was going to thow them over! Loved the scene with Lord Grantham offering Tom whisky - if only he knew! So much prefer your version of George's birth and its aftermath, which I found quite moving. This story is really wonderful to read - thank you!
Guest chapter 33 . 7/20/2015
Utterly engrossing! I also would like to see George's christening. I'm pulling for Sybil to be accepted to her programme, she and Tom will sort it out.
Downton lover chapter 33 . 7/20/2015
Beautifully written chapter. Lovely conversations between Mary/Sybil and Matthew/Tom which really laid bare the dilemma both Sybil and Tom face. You have now injected a great sense of realism into the medical school story and I am curious how it will end. Sybil and Tom exchanging kisses - well one can never have too many of those wonderful scenes! You did a great job with the birth of George. Mary and Matthew were just overflowing with happiness. This is a truly great story, full of imagination and crafted with great skill. Much better than JF's version!
theMatthewReview chapter 33 . 7/19/2015
Always such a joy to read this. I especially want to thank you for living into Matthew's first sight of his little boy and reworking the whole episode of George's arrival into a continuing narrative of true joy and believable parenting.

It is enlightening to read the story of Sybil and her real conflicts, and of her faithful Tom, stuck in a world he never made, but close friends with Matthew and in love with Sybil.

The Lord bless you! I am so grateful for you and your gifts.

PS: I'd love to see the scene of George's baptism... :)
lilyrowan1 chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
Such a great chapter!
I'll get right to it: the scene when Matthew greets Mary and meets his son was beautifully written, a perfect interweaving of canon dialogue (as well as your own, of course!) and the scenario you created for the early birth with Matthew away from Downton. And I loved how you worked that out, with Mary's having had influenza and Matthew being in Ireland. Well done! Mary's birth pangs were completely realistically rendered, and having her walk and talk with Sybil throughout was a perfect vehicle for the conversation between the two sisters. And, oh, that first night with a baby!
Enjoyed the scenes in Ireland and bringing Evelyn and Charles into the story-can't wait to see where that's going when they come to Downton . . .
So glad Tom and Sybil are together again. I'm very interested to see what your research has concluded for Sybil and medical school.
As always, very much looking forward to the next chapter!
Stephanie chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
Mary and Matthew are so adorable as parents! If I may advise Mary: yes- nanny to help out sometimes , but she should nurse the baby. It's unique and precious moment in life.
Apollo888 chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
Phew...that was a bit tense with Mary's contractions. Glad it all worked out in the end of course. Intrigued to see what role Evelyn and Blake will play. Anything would be better than canon. Tom wasn't too annoying in this chapter and the night feeding scene was so cute. Really liking this part of their life post-War. Feels very realistic and appropriate for both the characters and the period.
Leni chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
How adorable scenes with little Georgie! Thank you very much!
tammyteresa64 chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
Great update. Loved the moments with Matthew and Mary after the birth - glad you changed how it was from the show. Yes you can have good drama in a happy marriage with no deaths :). Love the sneaking off moment with Tom and Sybil when everyone went to meet George. Glad they made up in this chapter after last chapter. Good points you made about her getting in school or not and their relationship. Look forward to the next. Don't think Mary will be able to go on any picnic that weekend :) ha guess they will have to find another excuse - ha
Aarg raise your chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
Aarg!
Guest chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
This is so great! Truly, the show as it should have been with sisters bonding, brothers-in-law bonding, lovely family moments like Robert offering the whiskey, and a HAPPY, JOYFUL M/M birth! SQUEE it was wonderful and perfect and not over-the-top. You've written compelling drama without pointless tragedy or OOC behavior. Brava!
Rap541 chapter 33 . 7/18/2015
I really do want to compliment you on mirroring the baby scene from the show because it works incredibly well here. Matthew exploding from joy is always fun.

I'm guessing Matthew rams his car into the ditch in the *next* chapter? :D
AtLoLevad chapter 32 . 7/2/2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter! The different combinations of characters work so well and you've created such a wonderful world from the characters Julian Fellowes gave us. I'm very much enjoying Sybil's journey to becoming a doctor and Robert's own changing thoughts.
Guest chapter 32 . 7/1/2015
The UK Medical Women's Federation of doctors had over 1,000 working members in 1928. You can find the surveys of women doctors' specialities/places of employment on their website.
Lady Rosie chapter 32 . 6/30/2015
Haven't read this until last weekend as I thought it was all about Mary and Matthew - both of whom I don't particularly care for - but a friend says you focus on all the characters and there is a lot about Sybil and Tom - both of whom I do like! So here I am a new reader! You write like an absolute peach and your imagination and creativity is second to none! I quite like M&M in your version and yes Sir Anthony Strallan gets Edith! I do so like that type of English gent! Sybil and Tom - all this medical stuff is all very well but they should just get it together! Tom is nearly 30 and Sybil is her early 20s - sex would be on both of their minds. Sorry but there is a lot of M&M sex - so time for Sybil and Tom too!
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »