Reviews for Trust and Providence
Grayroc chapter 8 . 4/30/2020
Interesting chapter. I quite enjoy how solicitous Mary is toward Matthew but also not surprised how irate she was to hear that her mother was pregnant. I'm very curious as to what might happen next. How closely will this follow canon or do you have some plot twists ahead. Now, I must soldier on to chapter 9.
Grayroc chapter 7 . 4/25/2020
You've accurately captured the voice of the times. And even mentioned Rabbie Burns, 'gang aft a gley'. The tension on the violin strings has increased in this chapter. Robert's interview with Carson and Thomas was well done and captured the starched formality of Carson.
Grayroc chapter 6 . 4/22/2020
Matthew is slowly gaining the trust of the Dowager and Robert by his forthright manner. I'm fascinated to see how the 'reveal' might occur about who contacted the Turkish Embassy. I think I know.
Grayroc chapter 5 . 4/18/2020
Intrigue builds up. Who tipped off the 'Turks'? A historical note. In 1914, it was the Ottoman Empire who would send an ambassador to the United Kingdom. The Germans and Britain were extremely eager to have the Ottoman Empire form an alliance with them. The Kemal incident could well be of great significance.
Grayroc chapter 4 . 4/17/2020
An exploration of the uneven power equation that existed in 1914 between women and men. Instead of using Anna's rape to explore this area, you've chosen Mary and now Isobel. She is one of my favorite characters on the show. Tough chapter to write.
Grayroc chapter 3 . 4/14/2020
Wow, what an unexpected change from canon. I was fully expecting a different reaction from Mary, one of anger towards Matthew for his accidental revelation. Now that the Turkish cat is out of the bag, life can go on.
Grayroc chapter 2 . 4/9/2020
Of course Lord Grantham would bestow his blessing. We seldom saw Mary express true joy in the TV series, nice to see it here. Now, how will Matthew's influence moderate Mary's nastier instincts?
Dimcairien chapter 39 . 4/9/2020
Do you have any plans to continue? I would love to see what happens next. Hope you’re doing well.
Grayroc chapter 1 . 4/8/2020
A wonderful idea to have Mary and Matthew sort out their feelings with each other well before the Christmas episode in season two. The dialogue is very close to a Julian Fellowes script, including the pieces you have added to canon. Mary is the most difficult of characters to write about. On the show she was both kindhearted and cruel, elitist and sometimes having the common touch. In the same episode I could love her and loathe her in equal measure. I'm looking forward to reading on.
Guest chapter 39 . 7/13/2019
Will you be doing Part IV? I really like your fic! :)
ladyjoyful chapter 1 . 5/26/2019
Please finish this story. It was truly amazing! Please, please finish!
Woadangel chapter 39 . 10/6/2018
Well I haven't done much with myself since I found this story, as I was glued to my phone reading it. I found it as engaging as the actual series. I know it's been a while, but I hope someday you do continue. Perhaps the upcoming movie will stir something in you. It was lovely to see Matthew and Mary happy for a longer time period...
Charm chapter 1 . 9/23/2018
You are an amazing writer! Beautifully written!
Naniee chapter 38 . 8/21/2017
Aww I miss this story :')
MADStar529 chapter 16 . 6/30/2017
Aww, love Anna and Marys friendship.
693 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »