Reviews for Trust and Providence
Amber611 chapter 12 . 6/7/2014
Beautiful chapter and job! Loved it! Can't wait for more! :)
EJ96 chapter 12 . 6/7/2014
I love this fic cannot wait for next update :)
Naniee chapter 12 . 6/7/2014
I loved it.
All the discussion is evolving very convincingly, the way he is trying to make her see reason is very well thought, and I like how you kept the whole thing very genuine.
What I mean is, the interruption of Matthew's story by Mary reaching for port and yawning felt natural. The fact that she isn't into religion like he is, is well reflected in her behaviour, even if she's respectful.
I don't know if I express myself well, but in a nutshell I think the best thing about your story is that you seem able to write very genuine dialogue. I think I said something like that in every review I wrote in fact.

Keep going! I can't wait to see where it goes!
Apollo888 chapter 12 . 6/6/2014
A very nice range of emotions between them, all over the course of one night. Matthew's resolve is wonderful, and the fact that at the heart of it they are still very much in tune with each other and a certain way with each other despite all that's happened is encouraging. It feels very real, as though they are a married couple that has a lot of growing to do to get used to each other, including in the bedroom, and that is entirely accurate. They are getting into the part of loving each other that takes work and effort, and that is interesting to see.
theMatthewReview chapter 12 . 6/6/2014
This is so good for the soul to see Matthew like this... he truly loves her as Christ loves the Church and is a good husband, so good... now, I'm waiting to see if Mary can relax and think 'Well, even if that happened, Matthew's "banner over me is love". Yes, yes, yes... this is Matthew and Mary deep down where it counts. Thank you so much!
speakcarol chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
Loving it, I hope you post the next chapter soon. This was a powerful chapter, brought me to tears.
DowntonFan chapter 11 . 6/4/2014
I've been struggling and having to skim most of this over-written story and too much point of view from characters who are not central to the action. I was hoping that this chapter would redeem some of the flaws, but instead of writing to create an emotional connection to the characters it's nothing but a very labored clinical "Insert Tab A into Slot B" scenario. Ugh. And Mary and Matthew are insanely out of character - Mary especially. Tp have her react the way she did when is just ridiculous.

Just when I thought I couldn't be offended any more, Matthew starts hearing G-d? Yeah, this sadly confirm my worst fears that this too-many-words nonsense is nothing but a chance for the author to personally prosthelytize. Please, READ MORE FANFIC to learn what effective writing is about, and actually watch DA a few dozen more times so you can grasp the characters and remain true to them and not manipulate them into playthings to serve your own personal warped view of things.

Also, some historical research on the Church of England would be great. Having evangelical characters like this in now way fits with the time or place.

It's all just too much. You've effectively offended another fan and lost another follower and reader.
AmeriGirlTN chapter 11 . 6/3/2014
This was so beautiful and fun on so many levels and so very sad on so many levels. What will they do? They only have five days to work this out before Matthew has to report for war. Deliciously written. Can hardly wait to see where you take it next. Thanks so very much!
andthenwedownton chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
I finally caught up on this today and I really love this chapter. There is so many interesting things going on: honeymoney feels, Pamuk fears, and even God! You do it all very well too. I can't wait till you update :)
letthesongtakeflight chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
Finally the chapter I've been waiting for! I'll admit that it didn't end the way I expected it to, but I like it this way. Mary's fears and panic seem more realistic, somehow. Hope that joy WILL come in the morning for both of them, and needless to say, I can't wait for the next chapter!
luvgoround chapter 11 . 5/30/2014
Could see their wedding night wasn't going to go well from the time Mary decided she wanted to control their first time together...Poor Matthew. he wasn't even aware of her struggle. I thought she brought Pamuk too much into their bedroom, I understand perhaps her thoughts would go to that night, but she just needed to remember who she was with, the man of her dreams and who loved her more than anything. I know this is about Trust, and her reaction was too extreme and self-depracating, but if their marriage is going to work she needs to let him be the head and take the lead. Really hard chapter - well written. If she loves and desires him like she says, she must love him by letting him love her as he knows how. Look forward to joy coming...
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 11 . 5/30/2014
Well, I wished we'd seen the wedding, but you know, I really enjoyed how you set up the wedding night: the charade of being socially appropriate, Matthew's eagerness, Mary's nervousness and how she understood that Matthew felt the same, her understanding that she wanted to feel in command, and how deeply the night with Pamuk still affects her deeply, and how she fight this.

I loved the 'role play', Mary and them Matthew watching the other's routine, helping with disposed garments and such. And the first time was wonderful as well.

I think it makes sense for Mary to be still shocked, especially noticing Matthew's stillness, but I'm not sure she would react in such a self deprecating or 'violent' way, tbh. Still, I do hope Matthew doesn't give up in his efforts to calm reach and calm her, and that they both don't let this night pass without finally having laid down all that they feel and fear and want.
lilyrowan1 chapter 11 . 5/30/2014
I always look forward to a new chapter of this story because of your ability to weave canon with the AU twist of Mary and Matthew marrying when he first proposed, combined with each chapter going in a direction that I had not anticipated, in this case, Mary's conflicted feelings about her encounter with Pamuk and then her "flashback reaction." I think both are realistic possible reactions to what had happened with Pamuk. I loved Mary saying that she had not expected to feel something new. I loved Matthew saying that Pamuk had "trapped you and used your body against you." Both bring great insight to the situation. Hope that your reference to the joy that comes with the morning is referring to the following one!
judyl1 chapter 11 . 5/29/2014
I really enjoyed Mary being Matthew's valet, and Matthew being Mary's ladies maid. Great idea. I can understand Mary still being traumatized by Pamuk, but I hope they work it out before Matthew has to go to the front.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/28/2014
Yes, it was jarring, but nothing you hadn't already told us to expect. (It's right there in the story's description, for goodness' sake!) It's not exactly my cup of tea, but you write so beautifully and have woven such a complex tale that it doesn't really matter. I'm with you as you move ahead and trust you in telling the story you want to tell!
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 .. Last Next »