Reviews for Trust and Providence
New Hogfan chapter 11 . 5/28/2014
Such an emotional chapter!
Poor Mary. She must be so confused about her feelings and not knowing how to understand them since that sort of thing wasn't talked about in those days.
I liked how you added God's voice talking to Matthew telling him that it was going to be alright.
I thought it was funny how you needed to take a break from "all-things-fanfic".
I can't wait to see the next chapter.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Erk... God talks back? Um... yeah, that just killed the story right there. Also, Mary referring to Pamuk as Kemal didn't fit either.
theMatthewReview chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Wow - God bless our gentle Christ-loving Matthew... what patience. Thank you for talking about the third Person in their marriage.
Amber611 chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Amazing job on this chapter! Sweet, Beautiful, Funny, Heartbreaking. Poor Mary and Matthew! Hopefully he can get through to her! :) Anyway, I LOVED it and I can't wait for more! :)
EJ96 chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Looking forward to how Matthew and Mary get through the argument :)
MM chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Omg, that made me cry so hard, this is so sad! Can't wait for the next chapter, hope things will be better.
Sarai chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
No wedding scene? Bummer.
Naniee chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
This wedding night was going sooo well! But then Mary's reaction is very believable.
I must say I didn't understand right away who was that Voice at the end, but I suppose it's God isn't it? Why not!.. :)

Looking forward to the next morning for when "joy comes"... ;)
CanuckGirl2 chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Some lovely elements here. I love the shy undressing of one another...and Mary's trauma about Pamuk was very believable...and I don't find the your depiction of their lovemaking to be distasteful. But you lost me when you brought the Lord into it. Yes, Matthew and Mary would go to church. They would be Anglican, since it is the Church of England. But they wouldn't be evangelical Christians. You brought your personal beliefs into the story. With all due respect, using a fanfic to proselytize, alienates those readers who prefer to walk a different spiritual path than you.
Audrey C chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
I thought you walked the tightrope very well up until the end. Their eagerness and nervousness was realistic and touching. It was very believable for Mary to have that kind of body memory and reaction. And Matthew did do his best to comfort her. Poor dears.

I am a bit confused about the ending though. So I guess it is supposed to be God talking to Matthew? I don't have a problem with someone feeling that they are divinely inspired to take a certain course of action or divinely comforted, but I have to admit that the ending jarred me completely out of the moment and out of the scene. In my opinion, it just totally doesn't fit with the rest of the story. I believe in God and I believe that a person can be led by God to go in the right direction but this was so in your face overt. This section reminds me of that Ten Commandments movie with Charleton Heston with God speaking in that reverberating voice to Moses which never felt very believable. As the author, you are certainly have the right to write the story as you see fit. I just wanted to give you my two cents.
Alexa chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
Was really it necessary to make their wedding night misery? I know you wanted to show Mary's trauma of Pamuk's death, but ... I think that Mary would not behave so hysterical, she did not escape before the Matthew - for the simple reason - she loves him and she believes him. It seems to me that you complicate the story too much. Please do not make a neurotic woman from Mary, she is a strong woman.
Scattered Bronze chapter 10 . 5/23/2014
This is a masterpiece. I cannot wait to see where it goes! :D
lilyrowan1 chapter 10 . 5/19/2014
Another wonderful chapter! And, wow, it has so much going on. Mary and Edith, Edith and Anthony, Cora and Robert, Rosamund, Matthew enlisting. As usual, you handle so many characters and plot strands so well. I wasn't expecting Matthew to enlist so quickly, but the way you write it makes sense for him to do so. Can't wait to see where you take things next!
Jetpacking Penguin chapter 10 . 5/16/2014
This entire war plot opens up great storytelling. I want to see them married soon. Then with Mary's fertility issue will prevent a baby, for the moment at least, and Matthew's eventual temporary paralysis will open up an angsty can of worms. If he's under the belief he can't father children with his wife he'll be devastated. I can hardly wait for the next chapter. Update soon
Audrey C chapter 10 . 5/12/2014
I think he is crazy for wanting to join up immediately. But this certainly presents some interesting drama potential. I do hope they will tie the knot before he leaves at least. I'm glad Mary didn't get the chance to do Edith a bad turn. I was really rooting for Mary when she was standing up for Matthew. Thank goodness she knows how special Matthew really is. And I am glad that Rosamund found out the whole story during her conversation with Violet and Isobel. If only Matthew wasn't so eager to join up. I guess they didn't know it would last so long and that there would be plenty of opportunity to join up later. Love your long chapters. Keep up the great work!
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 .. Last Next »