Reviews for Trust and Providence
New Hogfan chapter 10 . 5/12/2014
This chapter made me really nervous!
Between Rosamund bringing up Sir Richard and Mary saying that maybe they should back away I almost yelled out NO, but it was a good thing I didn't because I was at work.
I have to say that I was on Mary's side in this chapter. Matthew was driving me crazy about wanting to join the Army so soon. It wouldn't have killed him to wait until they were married to join up. The wedding was only a few weeks away. I was happy to see that they made up since they're planning to still get married.
jwadleigh chapter 10 . 5/12/2014
I love this story! Really well done! Can't wait for the next part! :)
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 10 . 5/12/2014
Oh Mary, Mary, going in for the kill there with Edith but then relenting. I think Matthew is not the only one who feels is influenced by the person he loves. And I quite like how well they do understand each other, even though they don't necessarily agree on everything. I think that's really true to how relationships work, and it's a good thing to see that explored here.

Great work as usually :)
theMatthewReview chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
How I love your vision of Matthew! A fine, Christian young man... that's my vision of him, too. Thank you!
downtonlove chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
Great chapter! I'm sad that Matthew is going off to war but happy that they'll be getting married sooner than later. Just wondering how far you're going to go into the War with M/M? Will there be children? Can't wait to find out! Happy Mother's Day to you!
judyl1 chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
The was another very well-done chapter. I especially liked your portrayal of Mary.
- In her interaction with Rosamund She seemed to understand that Matthew is special whether or not he is the heir.
- Her arguing with Matthew about joining up was really well done. (I was afraid they were going to call off the wedding.) This was a really great addition to the story.
- and finally her worries that she might be too passionate (She shouldn't worry.)

It looks like Edith is getting away with the awful way she betrayed Mary. However, I didn't really want Mary to be bitchy about it.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
I like how this story is taking shape, I just have two request, please no sir Richard, Mary's story only became printable because she confessed to Richard,who ever would print it would be sued as violet has the letter which is the only proof. Secondly please find your own way through season two as cannon has been beaten to death. Thank you for your interesting take on this story.
Alexa chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
I hope, it will be wedding in the next chapter! And wedding night! I believe that matthew should go in the war like married man. It is good thought for soldier to know that his wife (and baby) are waiting for him.
EJ96 chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
I love it :) really great fic cannot wait for more :)
Naniee chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
Another amaziiiing chapter!

I am SO relieved that they're still getting married. I was afraid they would call it off at one point but I'm glad they didn't. It just makes the way you wrote the argument very believable and genuine.
I was happy to see Mary be reasonnable, her thought process in this chapter is really interesting and complex. I love the fact that she's afraid Matthew will think less of her if he knew she was anticipating their lovemaking... haha!

(and again I am glad it was a very loooong chapter ;) )
Jenwren chapter 10 . 5/10/2014
That was the best chapter yet, loved it, just brilliant!
lilyrowan1 chapter 9 . 5/6/2014
I'm finally caught up on this great story! As others have expressed, I'm in awe that you can manage so many characters-and it seems effortless. I loved the take on the Pamuk storyline, that the Turkish embassy was suspicious and what that might have meant. The details of the servants' duty schedule when guests were in the house was so intriguing, would have loved to have seen that in canon. I think Mary will eventually come to forgive Edith, but how will that play out? Looking forward to the next chapter!
Manoella Nascimento chapter 9 . 5/4/2014
I simply loved this fic - I totally agree on your views of Mary's dilemma - it was rape, no doubt. I thought it was such a "good" idea to make Isobel pass throught this, too, in the sense to show that this kind of practice was very commom (it sill is, imagine during that time). I really like how your portray the characters and that, even if Mary and Matthew are the main leads, you let your reader see pretty much everyone's personalities (like Thomas and O'Brien). Hope to read more soon and congrats in this amazing story!
Naniee chapter 9 . 5/2/2014
This was a fantastic chapter, the way you go in so many details about their emotions is great! This could have happened on the show I think. It is also nice that you write so long chapters, it's more for us to enjoy until next time!
The last scene was fab.
Apollo888 chapter 9 . 5/1/2014
Really powerful scenes and the dialogue all seems so sharply in character for each of them. I can picture these scenes taking place in canon and really am impressed at how you empower all of the characters to say their piece and have their moment before you weave the plot further. Well done.
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 .. Last Next »