Reviews for Trust and Providence
Guest chapter 39 . 9/9/2016
Can't wait for this to continue!
Eowyn77 chapter 8 . 5/19/2016
Oi! The plot thickens on so many levels! I have to admit my favorite party was Matthew and Mary flirting, all prim and proper above the table and verging on scandalous below. Loved it!
Eowyn77 chapter 7 . 5/19/2016
It's beyond strange to think of having people in your employ, living under your roof, and making your household run, and not knowing their names. Up to this point, the characters have been very relatable (to the author's credit), so this chapter is very eye-opening. Excellently done!
Guest chapter 39 . 5/18/2016
Loved this whole story! Are you going to continue with it (Part IV) as you stated?
Guest chapter 39 . 5/15/2016
When,oh when are you going to post Part IV Change? Soon PLEASE!
Eowyn77 chapter 6 . 4/30/2016
Oh good! In all the discussion last chapter, I was worried the detail of how Parmuk found Mary's room would get lost among the other questions. I'm glad to see it wasn't, and the scene between Violet and Matthew was delightful. I'm glad she approves of him!
Eowyn77 chapter 5 . 4/30/2016
Ah, how the plot thickens! It's nice to see that Mary has some allies despite all the gossips. I'm liking Matthew and more and more! Despite his middle-class origins he truly is a gentleman.
Eowyn77 chapter 4 . 4/30/2016
The depth of this chapter is very impressive. In this time and place, the topic of rape would be such a delicate matter, and even more so homosexual inclinations, and yet Matthew's thoughts are so frank that it's a fascinating contrast. I also very much appreciate that both he and his mother can find solace in faith. That was handled very well, too!
Eowyn77 chapter 3 . 4/30/2016
I imagine this scene unfolded much differently in the TV show (since Matthew probably wasn't part of the big reveal), but I rather like the way this played out. Matthew is absolutely right that Mary was coerced, and I'm beginning to truly adore him.
Eowyn77 chapter 2 . 4/30/2016
Nice insight into her father's perspective, and into Mary's. I especially liked the explanation for why she had learned to keep her emotions so closely guarded. It wasn't just for the sake of propriety, it was also for her safety.
Eowyn77 chapter 1 . 4/30/2016
I've never seen a single episode of Downton Abbey, but this is an intriguing story! I like the way you've written these two characters, and I find Matthew in particular to be fascinating. There were no doubt men in that time period who could and did look beyond the past indiscretions of their future brides, but they were few and far between. I'm eager to read more!
Junia Grey chapter 39 . 4/26/2016
Ive just read the whole story and I love it! Youve done a wonderful job here and you keep the characters very much in line. I never got over Matthews death in the original series and Sybils death was also painful - so Im happy that they are very much alive in your story.
You are a very talented writer and I cant wait to read more of this story. I like it a lot that you mix canon text and canon events with your AU storyline. The relationship between Mary and Matthew is so sweet and also Sybils and Toms. I was a bit unhappy that we didnt see the wedding and the wedding night, though.

I truly hope you will continue this wonderful story. Its just to good to be forgotten.
brianna-xox chapter 39 . 4/13/2016
Love the story so far and I can't wait for you to publish the next volume! I love Mary and Matthew in this fic more than in the TV series! Their relationship is so well developed and realistic. I really like watching them work through issues together and being a strong team. Great story!
vagabond77 chapter 39 . 3/28/2016
New to Downton Abbey, but enjoying your story. Cannot wait for you to continue updating.
Tabfam chapter 5 . 3/26/2016
New to fanfic! Love this so much am reading it again. Especially love how you have woven in faith aspect. Without faith where would we be?
693 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »