Reviews for Trust and Providence
darkwolf76 chapter 4 . 2/23/2014
So sweet! I love that you set up such potential for a realtionship between Isobel an Mary. And I love scenes with Matthew and Isobel. You captured the characters beautifully! Looking foward to your next update!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/23/2014
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful chapter. Thank God Isabel managed to survive past her own terrible violation. On a much happier note, I'm thrilled that you're going to write about Sybil's Ball! Thank you for this lovely story.
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 3 . 2/21/2014
I was finally able to catch up with these last two chapters, and to leave my review! I have to say, I'm so very excited by this story, and I really really find your take on this whole Pamuk thing very very interesting. I really loved this last chapter, the way Matthew left out the truth without meaning to, Robert's reaction, and Violet's one, too, her arguing that she'd thought Mary had been willing, and Matthew clarifying that that was only partly true.

I also wanted to say that I really appreciate your writing of Robert. I liked him a lot in S1 and even in S2, and I'm sorry to say he became a shadow of his original self, so it's refreshing to see the 'old Robert' in this story.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next update :)
Apollo888 chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
Such a lovely twist on what was shaping up to be a very tense moment. Robert does not get enough credit in many situations and the way you portray him here is very refreshing. Violet's attitude is always fun to read as well. Really enjoying the direction this is going.
golden12 chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
I really enjoy this story. It's a different take on the familiar. I liked how you brought Mary's secret into the open, and how Matthew helped Robert to understand. Perfect. Your characterizations are dimensional and entertaining. Well done, I look forward to the next chapter.
jmar chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
Life, hope & happy stories. Your dramatic scene is quite well-written. It was funny to me that Matthew put his foot in it again, that's pure canon DA. What a soft-hearted clod he can be! And Mary wouldn't want him any other way, I'm sure.
hogfan chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
I loved that chapter.
Poor Matthew really put his foot in his mouth. At least it worked out for Mary.
I can understand why Robert's reaction because his daughter was raped in his own house and the guy that did it is dead so Robert can't go after him.
I was happy to see that Mary wasn't angry at Matthew for spilling the beans because it was just an accident.

Please update soon.:)
Guest chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
Just like every reviewer of this chapter, I'm marveling at your very original take on the big secret's reveal. Brilliantly and sensitively handled. Well done! I adore this story and your way with words! Thank you for sharing with us. Wishing you and your family peace of mind and good health.
judyl1 chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
You handled the situation with Robert in such an original way. Matthew was just great standing up for Mary so strongly. This is a real an important change to canon, and I can't wait to see where you take the story next.
luvgoround chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
Really good chapter and how Robert found out about Pamuk,
Anon chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
Wow; you have such a fresh take on this story. Really original and very impressive! Please continue!
Audrey C chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
Oh my goodness! Nice way to handle it. I don't think any other fanfic author has done it quite like this. Thoroughly enjoyable. Love how things played out. That sinking feeling when Matthew realizes that he just spilled the beans to Robert. Love how Matthew stood up for Mary and changed the whole conversation. He's the best. Sigh... As an aside, I though Violet was a little bit cold in her reaction but I guess that's not so out of character.
theMatthewReview chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
Thank you so much. This is MY IDEAL version of Matthew Crawley, actually; I loved how he quoted Scripture without any ostentation, so that one might suppose he'd internalised the idea itself.
Katy chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
Thank you so much for another beautiful chapter, I'm really loving this fic, it's such a brilliant take on them and absolutely adore this Matthew!
EJ96 chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
Love Matthew in this chapter such a gentleman ! How Robert reacts is awesome to i knew he wouldn't cast her aside :)
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 .. Last Next »