Reviews for Trust and Providence
Eviedee chapter 2 . 2/10/2014
Thank you for a wonderful angle to the M/M saga.
Nenski chapter 2 . 2/10/2014
Just discovered this story and I love it! Beautifully written. Looking forward to the next update!
Audrey C chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
Wonderful update. Love how Robert is genuinely concerned for Mary's well-being in this chapter. We don't always see that. Looking forward to the rest!
golden12 chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
Sweet, wonderful chapter. I loved how Robert, even though having Mary and Matthew marry is his most fond wish, he still wants to make certain that Mary will be happy. Matthew's comment about him asking if he loved Mary, and Robert's response that he and Cora knew of his regard for Mary...priceless.
I think you have the measure of the characters, and your story is well written and interesting. I look forward to your next update. Well done.
Lala Kate chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
Such a sweet chapter! I love it-love this story, and am anxious for more. :)
Jenwren chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
Delightful, can't wait for more!
EJ96 chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
Awesome :) the way you portrayed Robert is exactly how i would have imagined it !
Daniela chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
So it should be in a tv show. Amazing. Mary and Matthew together forever. I can not get enough of this lovely couple.
xRaela chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
What a fantastic story so far!

Apparently I didn't review the first chapter... I should have, I thought it did,but no- anyway. I loved your spin on the conversation in the first chapter; howard told Matthew everything and Matthew acted so protectively. Such perfect writing.

This second part- Roberts words about Mary's guarded heart and his thoughts about how she was as a child etc- so very well written and thought out. I loved that he called Mary in to see it all for himself before he answered (like he said to Matthew he knew how he felt but wasn't sure Mary felt the same). I haven't got enough words to tell you how perfect I think it is... Looking forward to more
Apollo888 chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
So lovely. Matthew's nerves were adorable and Robert's reflection was very real and as I would think would happen in canon. Really enjoying this!
judyl1 chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
This is really great. The characters are so real. One could really see the two of them working things out this way. I am so impressed by your writing. Thank you for this.
AngelQueen chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
*chuckles* Oh yes, there will be crowing, no doubt, and lots of it! Still, in the end Mary and Matthew are both getting what they know will make them happy, although I doubt that their lives will be trial-less. The war is still coming, after all, and I can't see Matthew shirking his duty.

Brilliant beginning! Can't wait to see more! I'm hooked! :)
mngirl chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Curious to see where this goes!
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Aaaaaaaah, this is SO lovely! And it is indeed a joy to read your story! I think you have the subtlety of that scene down perfectly, that amazing, annoying at times way they always had before getting married of talking but not saying, and I think you captured that so well in this story, as I could see the scene (which I watched countless of times, ha!) so clearly in my head as I read.

I also think Mary's reasoning was very in character, and how rightly she thought that yes, a single act could and would define her own life, so I'm glad she let out that offhand comment, so that Matthew could pick it up and understand. I'm not quite sure he, in 1914, could have defined what happened to Mary a rape as we do (or should I say 'should do?') nowadays, but he would definitely see it for what it was, not a 'choice' in the very sense of the word. As you know, I played with this very subject not long ago (I actually recognized your nickname and so wanted to check the story, so glad I did!) and it's so nice to see someone else's take on this. I am also very curious about what you have planned, because it looks like we're in for a long ride :)

Happy writing!
jmar chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Bravo! Especially after reading your AN :-) You've thanked all the right people I'm certain. I look forward to more of your 'passions' with this plotline. Well done.
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 .. Last Next »