Reviews for Trust and Providence
Tabfam chapter 5 . 3/26/2016
New to fanfic! Love this so much am reading it again. Especially love how you have woven in faith aspect. Without faith where would we be?
girliemom chapter 39 . 3/25/2016
Well, DA is over in the US. Any idea when you'll pick this back up? It's way too good to let it die in the "never completed" category.
Guest chapter 16 . 3/22/2016
Great chapter, but wasn't Thomas already at the front in October of 1915? He didn't get himself shot until some time in 1916, and the writers/actors have mentioned in interviews that he was at the front for two years, so he wouldn't have been at Downton during this time. It's a small thing, but the inconsistency bugged me.
LupineMoon chapter 22 . 3/22/2016
I am enjoying this fic very much.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 38 . 3/11/2016
You do a very good good of putting the cannon episodes into words. I had nearly forgotten how childish Rose was when she was first introduced. Season 6 has her much more matured.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 37 . 3/10/2016
Poor Mary. Chin up my lady, things will get better soon. I wonder what Bates and Anna were talking about? I was kind of hoping for the baby to be a girl. Oh well. I do like the baby's name though.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 36 . 3/10/2016
Yay for Edith and Anthony to the financial rescue!
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 35 . 3/10/2016
I gotta say that I laughed when Aunt Rosmund told Sybil she should stay with her and start looking for a man to marry and Tom choked on his tea. Poor, poor Tom. *chuckles* Oh if you only knew Aunt Rosmund. If only you knew.

Gotta say I love Granny. She always has great one liners.

Oooo a new baby for Mary and Matthew. Yay! I wonder if it will be a boy or girl.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 34 . 3/9/2016
Poor poor Robert. Out of his comfort zone by riding the tube. Lol
Diane Langley chapter 3 . 3/4/2016
So I trusted your fandom-blind observation and slipped over to start your work. Your prose really is lovely. You do a lovely job using strong verbs and mixing sentence length and type to keep it fresh throughout. Because it is a piece of such length outside of my fandoms, I will not press on right now, but I have enjoyed reading your writing itself as much as I have appreciated the story you are crafting.

Kudos!
BookQ36 chapter 9 . 3/3/2016
I'm so glad you clarified that it was rape, and that you had *everyone* call Edith on her victim-blaming bullshit. Sybil growling was a particularly nice touch. All of the characterizations are spot on. I've been reading this all in one go, but I had to let you know how good it is and how much I'm enjoying it. As far as binge-reading goes, your style is very conducive to it, and since I binge-watch the show, the fact that you have managed to write in a way that lets me escape into the world of Downtown for three hours at a stretch say something about how effectively you have managed to adapt Downton to a purely text format. Well done!
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 33 . 2/21/2016
You have no idea how relieved I am that Matthew wasn't killed in a car crash for this story. Thank God he is still alive.
Palindrome310 chapter 39 . 2/21/2016
Susan is quite a work, even if it's always difficult to deal with a teenager, she doesn't help Rose.

I understand that Mary likes to be attractive and play with her assets. It was uncomfortable that Matthew brought up the possible terrible consequences of flirting, but sadly it's true that it's a possibility and he is worried about her safety.

I liked Matthew and Mary dancing scene, I checked and the song is the same one they dance before outside Crawley House, it was curious to see it from Rose's persepctive (she is essentially spying on them) but I liked the conclussion that Matthew is a lover only for Mary. I agree with you thoughts about it in the PM.

Nice mention to canon Sir Richard Carlisle! Will he play a part in the story or is only a wink?

I can't believe it myself but I catched up with all the published chapters! Now it's my turn to wait!
Palindrome310 chapter 38 . 2/20/2016
It was interesting to know Rose's perception, she is such a teen.

Poor Matthew stills suffers war nightmares, I suppose these things never go away.I'm not sure but I think it was common the art collection of private houses because they had important collections, I'm thinking of Elizabeth visit to Pemberley. I don't know if they were paid.

I like the idea that Rosamund is scheming all over the way.

I have to admit Tom is being very decent.

I really liked that Matthew doesn't even dream of stopping Mary. Is she going to be a partner?
Palindrome310 chapter 37 . 2/17/2016
Poor Mary, she puts a lots of pressure on herself. So glad that Isobel was there to comfort her! She feels alone and outcasted, I hated the politely declined inivitations, it enraged me! It made me laughed when Isobel put herself and her friendhsip with Violet as example. Adjusting to a different lifestyle is always difficult.

I was worried when Isobel thought Matthew wasn't taking care or attention of Mary! Isobel not wanting to meddle is something that is already a lie when it's uttered.

The problem with the dinner was uncomfortable. It adds an edge to Mary's own percepction of her role and her they had another healthy son, it surprised me that Mary repsonded easily when George didn't reacted in the best way to his new brother.

At last, I had to admit that I wasn't expecting that insight into Bates' mind. He's complaining a lot and honestly they had a good arragement by that time's standards.
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »