Reviews for Trust and Providence
Jetpacking Penguin chapter 39 . 1/21/2016
I had a free moment and caught up with this story again. I just wanted to reiterate how awesome this story has been and that I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Guest chapter 39 . 1/17/2016
Just caught up with this fic. Love it. Happy that you will be continuing it once you've caught up with Season 6 (per your Author's Notes).

It will be interesting once you put up Chapter 40 (Part IV: Change). I assume Matthew and Sybil will remain alive and not be killed off in this AU. But what about Edith and Anthony since his health is declining. Will Edith be a widow with her 3 children. If a widow, will there be a new man be in Edith's life. If so, Michael Gregson or Bertie Pelham.
Camilla10 chapter 23 . 1/14/2016
I just pimped your fic on A Different Forest (Othewordly campfire). It is so very good and it is consoling me of the end of the series.
Please confirm that you are continuing it. The last time you updated was some months ago!
Palindrome310 chapter 32 . 1/14/2016
I liked that we start with Mary being already advanced in her pregnancy!

Matthew is still travelling a lot, I like the idea that they can have their own home in London. I also liked the different way Matthew and Mary understand ambition and how Mary is processing the change of lifestyle.

The conflict and trials of Sybil and Tom relationship are much more interesting than in canon. Well done! I liked that Mary asked legitimate questions to Sybil about her future.

The comment that they believed the great war was the last one made me think of that generation, they had to suffer two wars and the second one was even more devastating.

Robert reflection at the end was well done.
Palindrome310 chapter 31 . 1/12/2016
It was very relatable when Matthew felt lonely with the memories of War and far from home.

I like that you are making Branson face a difficult choice. I'm not convinced by the argument that their new family will be more important than their individuals projects. Relationship demand sacrifices and compromises but people that feel frustated because they couldn't fulfilled their dreams are usually unhappy in their relationships

I'm glad that Matthew called off Robert! Honestly, that timing! I was scared that something bad would happen because Mary was sick. I'm glad they are OK
Palindrome310 chapter 30 . 1/11/2016
I liked that Sybil stood for herself, nice change from canon. I still don't like Tom's attitude.

Mary and Matthew talking to each other by gestures made me smile

I liked Mary's concern, she is more traditional so is in - character.

It's interesting that Cora is the one who is pushing Mary out of nest. I think she did right when she decided to move to Crawley house.
Palindrome310 chapter 29 . 1/9/2016
Mary is pregnant! So glad!

Nice change from antagonising with Jarvis to working with him. It would have been a nice development in canon.

I liked Mary's reflection about Ethel, it could have been her story if she got pregnant of Pamuk.

I liked Sybil feels free, Mary was fierce and Branson was a drama queen. It was hilarious when Branson cleared his throath like Matthew did.

Lovely to see Anna happy!
Palindrome310 chapter 28 . 1/7/2016
The scene when Matthew and Mary were together again was very well done, emotional, realistic and with hope and open talk about intimacy and consideration for the other. It was fun to see Rosamund having fun about the love. Branson is way too enthusiastic.
Palindrome310 chapter 27 . 1/6/2016
I think it's positive that Matthew is going out with the chair and employing himself in an activity. Robert is the classical landlord. I loved the exploration of Jarvis' story and his need to was heartbreaking to find Matthew's fears that Mary's love will end one day, that she will lose interest in him and the fear of having hope, I have felt the latter and it's portrayal fears real for me.I loved "A man can't recue you because he brings his humanity to mix with yours" and the idea that Mary not wanting to fight is unnatural.I'm still not convinced about Branson, Sybil clearly doesn't know him.
Palindrome310 chapter 26 . 12/22/2015
So cute the scene of Matthew with the children! It's heartbreaking too as a contrast with his current situation. Dr. Crawley's decision was very moving and generous, saving money in order that his son could have his own family. I loved Mary's determination and support, how she helped Matthew with his depression. I liked the bit when Mary mentioned she would like a proper nurse if the situation was reversed. I liked that Anthony and Matthew bonded around the experience, it's surprising Anthony is so sick. I think it's a good idea that Matthew works with the estate's books. It will help him to keep his mind busy.
Palindrome310 chapter 25 . 12/12/2015
Matthew is in a very dark place! I understand when he feels what people expect from him is falseness, that a darkness pulls him and it's an effort to be happy! He's clearly depressed. It interesting to see his changed perspective and why he pushes people away and lose faith. I liked it in a weird way when he started to compose the divorce document, we all end making scenarios in our heads. Interesting twist in what a country solicitor could do.I liked Sybil's spirit and the scene with Matthew and Edward.
Palindrome310 chapter 24 . 12/10/2015
Very moving! Poor Matthew and Isobel. Matthew feels terrible and it's understandable but terrible that he's considering that death will be better. Isobel is trying to hold on and being profesional but I'm sure she'll tell Mary the small hope.

It's surprising they never had celebrate their anniversary and that it's been four years already. Sorry but I think Branson was annoying.
Palindrome310 chapter 23 . 12/9/2015
Nice chapter! I liked the retelling of the "Matthew is missing" plot. It was very sweet the scene of them dancing outside the house. It's also clearer that Mary wants a child because she's scared of losing him. I liked that Mary talked with Isobel and that she shared her experience. Nice mirror of the first night.

I also liked that you showed all the difficulties of Sybil's decisions, it really is a high price and I'm not sure if it's a good idea.I laughed when Mary said that Violet loves to push in because that's true. I imagined that Violet, Cora and Isobel investigating must have been quite a scene.
Palindrome310 chapter 22 . 12/4/2015
The research for this chapter is amazing! I learned so much about jewish's participation in war and their lives during those times. I liked Davis, so complex, raising another man's son, fighting for something even if he doesn't know if jewish people will be accepted as equal, his doubts about fighting for a nation when there are also german jewish, among other things.

Excellent points about military life, it's still true that people enter the army as a way to have some economical security and how don't have the luxury to think or doubt.

I loved the part about god being fluent in english and the abecedaire de la guerre, so creepy, and imagine my surprise when I found out it was real. Propaganda directed to children is certainly fascinating.
Palindrome310 chapter 21 . 12/3/2015
Nice development of Edith and Mary's relationship. I always thought Mary would have children only because it's expected, I liked the gradual exploration of longing to have children.

Very smart twist on canon with Violet's opinion of Downton as convalescent house. I also liked that you adress Tom and Sybil's relationship real and practical issues. I wasn't a fan of their relationship in canon because it was superficial in my view, I still don't ship them but you certainly develop it in an interesting way.
694 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »